Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - Dish!

Options
How many ways do you eat your boneless, skinless chicken breast?

1. baked, brushed with olive oil and Italian seasoning
2. baked with butter chicken sauce brushed on
3. baked with pesto sauce brushed on (or chop after and put on a caesar salad)
4. shredded (fine slice while frozen) and pan fried with veggies, tossed with teriyaki sauce
5. chopped and sauteed in small pieces to mix in with pasta (chicken & mushroom pasta)
6. cut into strips/nuggets and baked with shake & bake coating

Now you go... I need more ideas...

Replies

• Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Marinated in bottled Italian salad dressing and grilled. My kid likes when I coat them in dijon mustard and rosemary and then coat them in busted up pretzels.
  • calimoma
    Options
    i just bought some panko bread crumbs to coat lightly in tonight!

also season with salt and pepper and grill on the foreman...dip in hot sauce/light ranch/bbq sauce
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    That was going to be my next question:

For those grilling, are you using an outdoor bbq/grill or one of those counter top ones?
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet... Add a tablespoon of curry powder... stir and mix the two together until you really smell the curry... add chicken pieces... brown lightly... add half an onion (fine dice)... cook until soft... add can of chicken broth (low sodium/fat free)... add couscous for a one pot Moroccan explosion of flavor.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

For those grilling, are you using an outdoor bbq/grill or one of those counter top ones?

both...outdoor grill is a pain in the rain
  • KathyRed07
    Options
    Diced and cooked with some RED HOT sauce - sour cream and shredded lettuce (and whatever other items you may want - mushrooms/onions/avocado - etc) on a tortilla wrap as a fajita.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Frozen chicken breasts in crock pot with Franks red hot sauce. Drain, shred and add more hot sauce. Make a salad, or a pita with lettuce, whatever veggies you like and fat free Blue Cheese Dressing. Tastes like buffalo wings with fraction of the calories.
  • lewcompton
    Options
    Fajitas... 8 oz. sliced thin... brown in a cast iron skillet.... add bell peppers (1/2 each red&green)... add half sliced onion... 2 cloves of garlic... 1 tsp cumin... 1 Tbsp lime juice... grind in some pepper. Serve in La Tortilla factory tortillas (Low Carb whole wheat 80 calories and 12 grams of fiber each) top with fresh homemade pico de gallo(tomato, onion, cilantro, and lime juice)... nonfat greek yogurt (instead of sour cream)... avocado... between 225 and 250 calories each fajita depending on how you fill it.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    lets see...

you can saute them in a little olive oil with white onions, green and red peppers, chopped garlic, cumin, and chili powder and lime juice there you will have some fresh fajitas...

you can also coat them in some panko brown the panko in a little olive oil or cooking spray then finish them off in the oven. so you still have someone healthy because you are baking them but they have a little crunch from the panko.

the best thing to do is just google something like "healthy chicken breast recipes" get the results and begin trying things.
  • michellekicks
    Options
    Okay you ladies recommending the Frank's Red Hot... I'm on it. Brilliant! Thanks for that :drinker:
  • michellekicks
    Options
    the best thing to do is just google something like "healthy chicken breast recipes" get the results and begin trying things.

I know, but if I ask on MFP I'll get a whole boat load of responses in one thread :bigsmile:
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Bic makes these instant light ready to cook on "charcoal" things. I use those. But we get good weather here for most of the year so it is no trouble to cook outside at all. When I lived in NY we had a George Forman grill that I loved for the 6 months of awful weather.
  • lewcompton
    Options
    Diced and cooked with some RED HOT sauce - sour cream and shredded lettuce (and whatever other items you may want - mushrooms/onions/avocado - etc) on a tortilla wrap as a fajita.
    Have you tried nonfat greek yogurt instead of sour cream? I really like it... Also good with tomatillo salsa and cabbage instead of red hot sauce and lettuce...
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    chicken breast stuffed with fontina cheese and prosciutto seasoned with basil, i make a sauce with chicken broth and marsala
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!!:)
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas @ http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/788508-favorite-chicken-breast-marinades-or-toppings

and bumping to get more from this thread :bigsmile:
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    chicken breast stuffed with fontina cheese and prosciutto seasoned with basil, i make a sauce with chicken broth and marsala

that sure wouldnt be a "clean" meal :laugh:
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I throw a couple of them in a slow cooker, add a pkg of taco seasoning (low sodium), then a jar of salsa. Cook all day, then when you get home, you shred the chicken using a fork (or two) then mix the lot together. I put that mixture on top of my salad and do not use any dressing.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options

both...outdoor grill is a pain in the rain

Rain is nothing.... Try snowing or below zero temperatures :)

I'll second the cooked in Franks Hot Sauce but with added chipotle pepper or cajun seasoning, and served over salad with bleu cheese. Love spicy chicken on a salad!
  • horses7777
    Options
    here's my new favorite of the week

grill chicken breast and chop into small pieces then add it to the following:

2 cups finely chopped cabbage
    1/8 cup reduced sugar craisins
    1/8 cup toasted slivered almonds
    2 TBS Paul Newmans light lowfat seseme ginger dressing

Delicious and low calorie!:love: