Nervous about posting, but I think I have a before/after

Options
13»

Replies

• cama78
    cama78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think you are beautiful in your before and after pictures. I, too, am hypo. I have been so since 2007 and it does require some adjustments. You will always fluctuate so don't go by your actual weight-get one of those fat/muscle ratio ones-and you will be able to see the fluid as the percentages change. Swelling happens and may be 5-7 pounds you might not lose. And it may come and go-I have had to learn to adjust and it isn't easy when you are a numbers person. Hang in there-and work for strength and replace the fat with muscle so that you are smaller but still weigh in the healthy range. Don't be embarrassed either!! Have a great weekend!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful in all three pictures!! Congratulations on your great success!!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I'm nervous about this, but I think it's finally time for me to post my before/after photos. I get a little embarrassed when people say that I've lost weight because I feel like that means I was really big when I started, since I can't tell too much of a difference.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroid in June after gaining around 15 pounds really quickly. I had always stayed around the same weight year after year so I knew there was something wrong. I'd stick to my 1200 calorie diet and not lose an ounce, sometimes even gain. Hair falling out, always forgetting things, absolutely no energy. I didn't want to go out, let alone exercise. I'm not completely regulated yet, but I'm getting where I need to be.

I joined a weight loss group at work and really started tracking and trying to stay under my calorie limits. To make it easy on myself and to keep myself from getting discouraged, I had three calorie goals. I figured up my maintenance calories, my mid-way loss, and my regular loss. During the week I would try to stick under the lowest goal, but if I had an off day, I'd be sure to stay in my mid-way. And on the weekends when I'd go out to eat, I made sure to stay under maintenance. I felt like I still had cheat days, but nothing to make me gain.

Anyway, I can see the scale moving, and I hit two goals already, but I still feel like I look the same. I think most of it comes from I never saw myself as bigger since I gained it so fast. But this morning I took a picture and I realized I've come a pretty long way.

I'm 5'3", started at around 161 lbs, and I'm now somewhere around 138. I can tell I've lost since I've last weighed, but I don't own a scale so it's only a guess. I wanted to go a little lower, but I think I need to focus more on toning now since I did this without exercising hardly at all. Also, all my clothes are too big now, so hopefully you can tell a difference regardless.

Before
    291cpow.jpg

Before again
    de3055.jpg

And this morning:
    azfrq.jpg

^ Congratulations! You look so fit and healthy! Thank you for posting. :flowerforyou:
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have done an amazing job! Very definitely noticable and by the way, you looked beautiful in your before pics too, but now you're gorgeous and skinny (in a good way;) ). You look absolutely awesome!!!! Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing your success with us!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!