STARVING!!! HELP!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    more protein, fewer carbs

I say this having not looked at your food diary. This is my personal experience. I eat higher protein, lower carbs and consume and average 1300-1500 per day and am fine. Some days I don't reach the norm and I'm still fine. I rarely feel like I'm starving and many times have to remember to eat because I don't think about eating if I'm not hungry...
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Add more protein to your diet, like plain hardboiled eggs :)
  • Mrsb709
    Options
    I think the turkey jerky is a great idea - all protein! The sodium is probably not too much of a concern for someone who drinks a lot of water AND works out (sweats). :happy:
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Try upping your calories.
    Eat back your exercise calories.
    Get more protein in.
  • SabrinaLily
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'5 - 5'6' and currently at 170.5 pounds eating 1200 calories (idealy) a day. I actually have found a way to stay full on such few calories and that's without eating some of the off-the-wall things that other people do. I've been kinda crappy about logging but if you want to check out my diary, feel free. You can see on the days that I DID eat 1,200 calories, I still ate plenty. Generally though, I think the trick for me is my snacks. I have a bowl of cereal for breakfast but at about 10:30, I'm getting hungry to I have an egg white patty and a slice or two of real bacon. For lunch I'll get a footlong from Subway but tear off half the bread, making it an open-faced sandwich. I'll eat 6 inches for lunch and the other 6 inch around 3:00 cause I'll never make it otherwise till dinner! My nighttime snack is a 100-calorie bag of mini popcorn with calorie free butter spray (and salt) sold in the popcorn aisle. You can always do the WW Jello cups too which only have 10 calories, but they're more for taste than for filling up. Best wishes! Jenn :)
  • SabrinaLily
    Options
    PS: If this is your first couple of days dieting though, that may not be unusual no matter what you're eating. I threw my body into shock when I went from a likely 3,500 calories + to 1,200. I got CRAZY headaches and hunger pains for three days but after the withdrawl, I was doing just fine. Also keep in mind, if you're eating a lot of sugar, it's going to make you crave more sugar. A wicked little thing that is. Sugar makes your blood insulin spike and then drop suddenly = physical and mental crashing and a craving for more goodies! It's best to stay away from eating treats on a regular basis.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

^^Another vote for this^^ You don't have to feel like you're starving to lose weight. I didn't, and I wouldn't. ;)
  • an8e
    an8e Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A breakfast with protein helps me.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    hey kate .. im new to this and i had no idea u needd to replace the cals u burn with work outs .. but is nighttime a good time to eat u think cuz i dont work out till late sometimes and its seems like i wouldnt be good to eat so late ... what u all think?

When you eat is entirely up to what works for you and your body. I can't eat or exercise too close to bed time or I don't sleep well. If you know your workout is going to be later in the day, it's okay to eat the calories before you do the exercise. Good luck on your journey.

OP - if you are really hungry, as opposed to unsatisfied, then eat more. If you are unsatisfied, add a small amount of something you love. One of my MFP friends allows herself a Lindor truffle every day. I eat whatever I want to eat, just in smaller portions. Most of what I want is good for me, some of it is potato chips or French Toast. If I don't satisfy those cravings, I'm setting myself up for a binge so I eat just a little and move on.