Bored. I'm the only one in the office today....

Options
kf4vkp
kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
Any one else working today?

Replies

31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    Ugh, me and I have to work Friday. First job I've ever had to work the day after Thanksgiving. :explode:
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    yep! but only for half a day
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    wahhhhh I don't want to be here either. It's dead in here today and I have to be here all day long!!!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I am. I work at a university so there is barely anyone here. The students have all gone as well as the professors. The parking lots were almost empty. LONG DAY.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Me, too! I had to be in an hour early, makes lunch time seem a LOOOONG way off (and I'm already hungry!!) :( Can't wait for 3:30 to go home!! LOL
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Only nice thing about being here today is no phones ringing and they are bringing in lunch. Otherwise WHY AM I HERE!
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am. I work at a university so there is barely anyone here. The students have all gone as well as the professors. The parking lots were almost empty. LONG DAY.

Me too. I work in tech services of the library. If there are no students and no professors, exactly why are we open?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Here until 4!

Then 4 relaxing days off, I can't wait!
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm not the only one in the office, but with school out and my wife & kids all at home I definately would rather be there with them. :yawn: Not much happening at work today since most of my contacts are already out of the office.
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Working her but I work at home so not too bad.
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    im stuck at work...talking calls of people who think they know what they are talking about about in reality down know squat!
  • Captainobvvious
    Captainobvvious Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm working but I'm working from home today. Perks of being the boss... So yea, I guess I'm not working today.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Working a 1/2 day...then it's VACATION time for a week and a half. This morning can't go by fast enough!!!
  • Desired01
    Desired01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am working too. Office is 1/2 empty, No Boss (yeah!!!) but, I'm worried about snacking out of pure boredom. Trying to find things to keep busy until it's time to go!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I am! I am the only employee. I've been alone in the office since Monday. Boss is on a cruise. Just me and the office cat and very little business.
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I also work at a university. I came in today determined to take advantage of the quiet to get caught up on some filing... I'm going to start that... in just a minute.... after I check one last thing... okay, okay, I'm going now.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    Yes....me too, sooooooo boring AND the powers that be aren't going to let us go. They used to, but they'll let their people go, and to **** with the rest of us.
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think I'm only here to sign for the packages that came....and since none of them were for me, I don't actually have any work to do today....

Good news is the boss said I could leave at 2...and I'm leaving at 11 for lunch with a friend.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Everyone who is not from the US will be working today.

Also... I am the only one ever in the office as my manager feels that he only needs to show up for 2 hours a week. I usually find work keeps me busy.. and to deal with the silence I listen to podcasts.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm here barely :) I only need to do something if I get a call or something breaks.