Has anyone ever had any experience with Hypno-Band?

Options
I am booked in on Dec 13th for Hypno-Band, here in inverness. Im excited about the reviews i have read and after speaking with the Hypno who will be guiding my session, im very intrigued to hear what others think. Its 350.00, and im hoping that the CBT alongside hypnosis, and my continuing gym sessions, that this could be an extremely positive step in a very positive direction.
xx

Replies

• keelyjrs
    keelyjrs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oooh let me know how you get on, I've been tempted to do this

Is there no one who's had it on here??
  • keelyjrs
    keelyjrs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Anyone??
  • YoshiCow
    YoshiCow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've had hypnotherapy before from a phobia, and I've always got told it only works on a certain percentage of the population. You have to believe in it for it to work.

I had two sessions, it didn't work, then tried again with someone else and it got rid of my phobia.

At the end of the first session, they will try hypnosis on you, if possible, ask them if you can spot something more to notice that it worked. For me my hypnotherapist said I will spot the colour red more vibrantly, I walked out the door, within 15 seconds I spotted 4 red cars, 2 red doors and a letterbox.

Definitely worth a go if you believe in it though.
  • k1229
    k1229 Posts: 135
    Options
    well, what the outline of the 4 sessions looks like, is that, i will have consultation, needs assessment and hypnotherapy to address any potential emotional issues connected to food. (of which i dont really have any) then the second session is to guide me through the process whilst under hypnosis, as if a real life active consultant/patient appointment, introducing me to the actual way the "op" will be performed, and who will be present... the third session will be the actual op, where apparently smells and sounds from an ER will be present in the room whilst im under, and will be undergoing the "operation", and then the 4th appointment, is effectively a follow up, and potential adjustment stage.

Im excited, and open to it, i am a bit of a skeptic normally, but i believe that this is going to work for me, and the other thing is that a girl, who i was in the same school as, has been through the process with the hypnotherapist who will be guiding my sessions, and she looks like a new girl!! so thats got to be positive.
  • k1229
    Options
    so fingers crossed. ill report back.
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My mother did this earlier in the year.

I'm sad to say she reported feeling no different at any point. She actually joined MFP months after having it done and has now lost her first 15lbs the old fashioned way.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    you're wasting your money and making scam artists rich in the process. there is no such thing as hypnosis.

http://voices.yahoo.com/i-was-hypnosis-scam-artist-854379.html

you have all the tools you need here on MFP for free and which work. why would you want to hand over your hard earned money on a phony "get thin quick" scheme that doesn't work?
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I've just got back from having the band 'fitted'. And so far so good. SInce the first session with my therapist I've lost 10lbs, my portion size has shrunk without me even thinking about it, and things that would have had me heading to the fridge in the past have had no effect on me.
    You do have to listen to a CD every night, but it's only 20 mins longs and it really helps me to sleep. I loaded it onto my iPod so I can listen to it anywhere. And I got a food diary to fill in everyday, again not a problem, it takes seconds to fill in.
    If you can, give yourself an hour or so after your appointment, if you're like me I needed that time to process what had gone on in the session.
    And good luck!
  • sd75
    sd75 Posts: 49
    Options
    Sad to say i also tried it last year - & it had little or no effect on me either. Felt very posistve about ti at the time but it didn't really seem to infiltrate my consciousness at all. Didn't have a cd or anything like that - just 5x1hr hypno sessions. Those in themselves were very relaxing - sadly did notihng for the waistline :-(

Wishing you all the very best with it tho x
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I really think you'll just be wasting your money. I'm afraid there really is no way to get and maintain a healthy weight other than monitoring your intake and making sure you exercise to maintain a balance, once you reach your weight. It requires effort, and some pain and a lot of sacrifice and simply just saying 'no' to food when you've had enough but there are very real benefits that feel very good when you earn them.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I do believe that hypnotherapy can be useful for some things. There is enough research out there showing effects for certain conditions (e.g. anxiety, chronic pain) to make me think that hypnosis may be a useful tool for some sorts of issues. That said, this sounds like a complete and utter crock of BS--a fake surgery to make you think you've had a lapband placed, I assume to capitalize on the placebo effect (if you think you've had a band installed, you may perceive some benefit, even if nothing in your body has actually changed). Save your money, hire a personal trainer or a dietitian.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Also, in looking at your diary... you are really undereating. If you continue to eat like that, you WILL fail. You MUST change your relationship with food. It doesn't mean that you can't eat what you love to eat, it just must be eaten within the limits that MFP sets for you. Twice a month or so, I eat one meal of whatever I want and however much of it I want. I've done fine so far having lost 62 pounds. Trust MFP, eat up to your limit and exercise 3x per week, at least 20 mins each time, strenuously and you will lose weight. Ask your doctor before you start an exercise program.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    A friend who was training to be a hypnotherapist practiced the hypnotherapy gastric band technique on me and I have to say I hated it. I realised that I would never have a band fitted in real life, so the description of the treatment was gruesome and really provoked a very strong negative reaction. So that didn't really help me - but if you have a different attitude to gastric bands it would probably be fine.

Generally I think hypnotherapy can be very helpful in increasing your motivation and supporting a positive mental attitude that helps you make changes. I believe the mind works well with metaphors especially ones that you agree with and support your values and goals :-) As others have said you still have to do the work. But it sounds like this could help you so very best of luck and I hope it helps you get to where you want to be.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what this is, but I once spent a few hours with Hypnotoad (though I don't remember much of it).

129728747426.jpg
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what this is, but I once spent a few hours with Hypnotoad (though I don't remember much of it).

129728747426.jpg

Damn you! Came here to post this

hsRgv.gif
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I can understand wanting some kind of back up for your willpower, even though opinions seem to vary as to whether or not it works.

But isn't the point of the band to make you feel like you can't eat such big portions? And OP, you are not eating big portions. I looked at your diary and I rarely say this, but you are going to make yourself really sick eating like you are. You are starving yourself - both in the sense that you aren't eating enough calories, and that there's very little nutrition in what you are eating. Some days you are consuming toast and diet coke. Where is your protein? Your fruits and veg? Your body needs nutrients to run properly. Even if you are losing weight, you still need a good balance.

If you were to have a real surgery to reduce your portion sizes, you'd really have to focus on making every calorie count in terms of nutritional value, You can't just eat toast all the time. It may seem like a good idea just to drastically cut down but you will set yourself back when you start getting sick.

And honestly, can you really feel satisfied with what you are eating?
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no

ONE! ONE scam! AH HA HA AH HAAAAAAAA!
  • k1229
    Options
    yes. i am satisfied, im not into massive portions. never have been, which may seem odd that ive signed up for hypno-band, but its about weight management, i might not get the hypno - band, will be decided after consultation, might just have weight management sessions if thats what the hypno thinks would be more beneficial.

also, the bread, is the only thing lately that was staying down after a nasty bug, at least i tried to eat something, rather than spend 5 days without. finished off the loaf at work over 3 days. I was sick, hence the small amounts of food, albeit i am a grazer anyways...

Im not actively not eating... im just not a big eater, i cant understand how people can physically force food down their necks if they arent hungry... i cant just eat for the sake of eating... i need to be hungry.
  • k1229
    Options

ha ha. one of my all time favourites. thank you, amidst a wave of negativity, shines a movie quote i can laugh at.