coffee...?

Options
Anyone have any suggestions for coffee creamer? right now i use Internation delight hazelnut and it has 12 gr carbs! i am using so many carbs on my coffee! but the fat free still has 10 carbs so its not much different... anyone know of anything else.... besides drinking it black...???

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Milk is less than 2 grams of carbs per ounce.

"Creamers" are either fat and sugar or fat and sugar substitute or fat substitute and sugar.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Milk?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    International Delight Hersheys Chocolate and Caramel creamer- 2 Tbsp. is 70 calories.... when it comes to my morning coffee there will be no skimping. Oh on top of the creamer I add 2 spoonfuls of Domino pure cane sugar..... Lost a few pounds drinking this every morning over the last 3 1/2 years...
  • joapple11
    joapple11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't skimp on my coffee. period. It's something that I really enjoy, and it is worth the extra calories. I would rather skimp someplace else. Not having a satisfying cup of coffee in the mornings is a bad way for me to start the day!
  • slearley
    Options
    I am in love love love with Starbuck's hot mocha coffee. I read in the Reader's Digest diet to add 1 Tablespoon Hersheys chocolate powder = 10cal, and 1 Tablespoon Honey=64cal. The neat thing the diet said is that Chocolate, Honey and Coffee are all 3 fat releasers. The book talked about the foods to increase in your diet to help your body let go of fat. These by far were my favorite. Not the same as Starbucks, but much more tolerable than Black. :)
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I use either coffeemate or international delights sugar free creamers. About 2 carbs and 15 calories per tablespoon.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I do fat free half & half.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    International Delight Hersheys Chocolate and Caramel creamer- 2 Tbsp. is 70 calories.... when it comes to my morning coffee there will be no skimping. Oh on top of the creamer I add 2 spoonfuls of Domino pure cane sugar..... Lost a few pounds drinking this every morning over the last 3 1/2 years...

I'm the same when it comes to my morning coffee.
  • ngregory87
    Options
    I use Silk's Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, ONLY 1 carb and 30 calories per cup (less than 4 calories per oz!) I use Splenda to sweeten. The almond milk doesn't make it super creamy but you can use more of it than regular creamer because of how low cal it is.
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    do a google search for coffee flavorings (such as http://www.ecblendsflavors.com/ ) or check in your grocery store or maybe tea shop for flavorings. They're cheaper than the coffee itself. I get flavorings from Ingles Markets. I then use a non dairy creamer and sweetener and can have a variety of coffee flavors through the day.
  • BrianaC07
    Options
    Milk is really you're only other choice. I absolutely LOVE creamer, so I am ok with using it..and a lot of it haha. I just watch what I eat to make up for it. Lost 30lbs the first time not worrying about the creamer ;)
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Use an All-Fat Creamer in Your Coffee.
    ZERO CARBS! =)

me, im not a coffee drinker by definition. i dont drink it to jump start my day. caffeine doesnt have a stimulant effect on me. but i have been drinking it lately. if i have it- i prefer to drink it with 1 T. heavy cream.

this information supports this choice:

Millions of women think they’re doing the right thing by using skim milk or fat-free creamer in their coffee, but these dairy products can actually cause weight gain by spiking insulin. Go for full-fat cream instead since dairy fat contains CLA-conjugated linoleic acid, which has been linked to a decrease in stored body fat.

There are some studies that have seen women lose 2-4 pounds a week by making this small change, which also helps prevent afternoon energy dips. Put 2 tablespoons of all-fat cream in your coffee and you’ll actually lower your chance of gaining weight over the course of the year.
  • bserwack
    bserwack Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use Silk Vanilly Light soy milk and cinnamon- cinnamon boosts metabolism!!
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Almond milk vanilla
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    coconut oil. (no carbs, and full of good fat)

it sounds weird, but it tastes so good. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but i've been hit with the "bullet proof coffee" bug. I don't buy the fancy beans, but I have coffee every morning now with a tbsp of coconut oil, blended for like 5 seconds in my single serve blender. Delish!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I'm part of the "don't skimp on my coffee" club too lol. Actually, I think I want to go to DD to get a cup now!
  • Liz12mae
    Liz12mae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! i just got this link and i think i am going to try this!!!

http://www.travelinglowcarb.com/141/carb-free-coffee-creamer

:happy:
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I started using whole milk instead of creamer, then 1%, then finally skim, which I used to hate. It's pretty easy to get used to and makes coffee hardly any calories. Now I hate cream. At least switch to whole milk if you're worried about calories.
  • erinalysa14
    Options
    Almond milk vanilla

I also go the almond milk route :)
  • Liz12mae
    Liz12mae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i use 2 tablespoons too...