I'm Dreading Thankgiving

Options

Replies

• megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    They pour me a glass of wine instead of setting out a bottle at each place setting.

This is a real world problem!!! Come to my house... we use glasses that hold a full bottle each :)
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    im not dreading thanksgiving...ive planned it, and it is still hearty yet healthy...and i plan on working out.

did you read any of the posts?
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Only two pumpkin pies this year? What are the rest of you fools having for dessert?

Pecan pie.

Or as my grandma and I used to say... whatever's left of the stuffing.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    What if there's not enough pie???

NOOOOOO I'm going to have night mares tonight of there not being enough pie :grumble:
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Gravy is only a beverage this time of year.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    im not dreading thanksgiving...ive planned it, and it is still hearty yet healthy...and i plan on working out.

clearly you've missed what the OP wrote and the point of this thread. lol
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

did you read any of the posts?

My thoughts exactly...I don't think so. I'm thinking the title was the only part read
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law use to make a huge pumpkin cheesecake every Thanksgiving, but she moved to New York.
    This year, my mother-in-law is making pumpkin cheesecake ... but in these tiny friggin muffin wrappers.
    Seriously, WTF?!
    The only good thing about them is that I'll be able to turn them inside out over my mouth and swallow them whole.

I would pay good money to see that.
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    dread the family trying to talk to you over dinner. Can you not see i have the fork in my hand, i cant waste time talking about life, there is food to shove in my mouth.

Also hot food, slows the process of eating way down.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    seriously? Is the 3 seconds of divine taste worth it???

How do you manage to eat it so slowly??
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    seriously? Is the 3 seconds of divine taste worth it???

More like is the extra calories for one day worth the angst of not kicking back and enjoying yourself guilt free?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    With Hostess going under I fear that this might be the last year for turtwinkies!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2012/11/21/tsr-moos-twinkie-turkey.cnn

That turkey is extremely disturbing, all spread-eagle on the table with twinkie stuffing piled in its hole to the brim. :indifferent:
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Hood Egg Nog gives me gall stones but I drink it tomorrow anyway, Thanksgiving and Christmas...
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    dread the family trying to talk to you over dinner. Can you not see i have the fork in my hand, i cant waste time talking about life, there is food to shove in my mouth.

I want to watch you eat.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Turducken.. why stop with chicken? Why can't we stuff a quail and dove in there too? Maybe a hummingbird?
    Out of control.
    I am eyeballing our cockatiel....
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am very worried that my 30 # turkey will not be enough for the 4 of us. : )
  • stephd5238
    stephd5238 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am kinda worried that I am going to eat too much and then not have enough room for the beer that I want...

It is my birthday too, so beer must be had...
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm worried there's not going to be enough cranberry sauce. There's usually just 1 platter of this, and I'm usually having to fight my family over who get's any. :tongue:

**For a good laugh, check out.... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AmberJo1984/view/thanksgiving-forecast-448664
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Plates are never big enough

This is something else I'm worried about. They are NEVER big enough. At least I guess I'll burn extra calories with all of the extra trips to the food line. :tongue:
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options

I want to watch you eat.

Might happen over christmas if we get the Skype Eating Challenge up and running.