do Canadians do it better?

Options

Replies

• RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    Ummm in my experience yes they do...or yes he does....

Oh wait this was about Thanksgiving :happy:
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I love my Canadian friends...but Canadians are just silly...

Silly because we don't panic about impending onslaught of awesome food?

Yes, yes we are silly.

Fine, if you don't want your awesome Thanksgiving meals, please send them our way! :P
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    We do everything better :wink: :love:

:drinker: agreed!

I think we dont get into it as much as Americans do. At least thats how it is for our family, though watch out at Christmas time because we celebrate with tons food/drinks the 24th, 25th, 26th and new years!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Canadians are to blame for Justin Beiber.
    You be the judge.

We also inflicted Celine Dion on you.

and I was going to say I love Canadians, but now... I'm a little annoyed at how they dispose of their garbage.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options

Hell yeah we do!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    You be the judge.

And "My heart will go on.'

I feel we as Canadians need to take the blame for that too.

I don't think we do it any better, I don't think we posted it on the forums - and I think there may be a few more Americans on the site...

Yes. I believe we are somewhat outnumbered here. I was too busy eating all the food back in October to post about it in the forums.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Hell yeah we do!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker:
    I think my American girlfriend would also agree with this statement. Wait a minute, she already did, see above.:blushing:
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Do we do the holiday better? Depends on your traditions.

BUT, having it farther away from the Christmas season makes everything a little easier to swallow.

I have been curious all week while reading the forums - what is green bean casserole? I don't think I've ever had such a dish at our Thanksgivings.

This hurts my heart.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    maybe we just revel in the deliciousness?

either that or any lamentations pre-Canadian Thanksgiving were swallowed up by people talking strategies for "dealing with" Halloween candy?
  • ginandchocolate
    ginandchocolate Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Clearly, is there any doubt :smokin:
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    That green bean casserole does sound tasty.

Our "green" dish at Thanksgiving was always brussel sprouts.

This hurts my heart even more... And my tastebuds too.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options

:drinker: agreed!

I think we dont get into it as much as Americans do. At least thats how it is for our family, though watch out at Christmas time because we celebrate with tons food/drinks the 24th, 25th, 26th and new years!

rhizrc.jpg
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    You be the judge.

We also inflicted Celine Dion on you.

and I was going to say I love Canadians, but now... I'm a little annoyed at how they dispose of their garbage.

the problem is....as we're disposing of the garbage....you as a nation are BEGGING for it...and we Canadian, always concerned about the environment, will always recycle and rehome our unwanted things.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    i think americans celebrate their holidays with so much more gusto than we canadians do. to me thanksgiving is not really a big deal. its another turkey day like easter. but christmas....thats a much bigger deal and we go all out like you guys do
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Well, I am half and half and I grew up in the states and live in Canada now. I enjoyed my Canadian Thanksgiving. I don't get what all the drama is about. Sheesh!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Do Canadians do it better? Your reasoning is obviously stemming from the US Thanksgiving Day countdown discussions seemingly dominating the anxiety felt by the USA localised MFPers. I would have to say that 'doing it better' isn't and shouldn't be measured by members choices to vocalise their dilemma concerning food choices and how much they should eat. There would naturally be a flooding of the USA Thanksgiving, given that 64.7% of visitors on here are from the USA and comparatively only 6.4% are Canadian visitors.

The USA members are clearly holding themselves accountable publicly amongst the MFP Community and are hoping for some level of support - the purpose of the site.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    Do Canadians do it better? Your reasoning is obviously stemming from the US Thanksgiving Day countdown discussions seemingly dominating the anxiety felt by the USA localised MFPers. I would have to say that 'doing it better' isn't and shouldn't be measured by members choices to vocalise their dilemma concerning food choices and how much they should eat. There would naturally be a flooding of the USA Thanksgiving, given that 64.7% of visitors on here are from the USA and comparatively only 6.4% are Canadian visitors.

The USA members are clearly holding themselves accountable publicly amongst the MFP Community and are hoping for some level of support - the purpose of the site.

very well said!! i totally agree!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i gained 6lb on thanksgiving and stuffed my face like you wouldnt believe, so no i dont think so

also depends on your friends list :) i heard plenty on thanksgiving
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I think its because there are more Americans on this site, than any other country so there will be more topics etc.
  • bcchick33
    bcchick33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ryan Reynolds anyone?