Deep Fried Turkey...what do I do?

Options
My father is making a deep-fried Turkey for Thanksgiving...I am not thankful for fried anything these days, however, I don't want to hurt my dad's feelings by not eating it. I was thinking if I have a slice of breast meat and cut off the edges it should not be too bad. Or is that just wishful thinking? I am bringing a low-calorie side dish to bring along.

Replies

• lisamariepickering
    Options
    I found this http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/butterball/deep-fried-turkey-breast-thanksgiving-style/ . I know there is contention about using livestrong, but I thought it might be helpful.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the turkey.
    Enjoy the day with your family.

One meal with some fried turkey isn't going to ruin you.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Eat it. Maybe not the skin, although it is pretty darn good, but eat some turkey. Keep the portion smaller so to minimize any guilt you may feel.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Unless you have other health issues you are monitoring, I would just eat it (presuming you like it!) I wouldn't even take off the skin (again, presuming you like the skin!)

I am confident that there is a VERRRRRY slim chance you will come across another deep-fried turkey in the next 365 days!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Must.....resist....smart *kitten* comment....must resist...someone hold me down...
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    eat it.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Deep fried turkey is no better or worse than any other cooking method. The extremely hot oil seals the whole thing almost instantly so as long as you don't eat the skin (which applies to any cooking method) the meat inside is the same. The oil doesn't go into the meat so enjoy whatever part of the bird you want to eat.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    eat it.

and then have some pie
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Must.....resist....smart *kitten* comment....must resist...someone hold me down...
    Lol!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm frying 4 of them. Mmmmmmm deep fried turkey for months!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    eat it.

then eat pie
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    eat it.

then eat pie

tumblr_m1oqmuZYMZ1rnjmh0o1_500.gif
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You should just eat it. We in the south fry stuff for a reason. (It makes it taste great!!!!)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    One day of going over your goal is not going to undo anything. Don't let yourself get so food obsessed that you can't enjoy tradition and holidays with family.

Eat turkey, eat pie, drink water and start fresh on Friday (or whenever the leftovers are gone).
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Don't log your food that day and then get back to it the next day, enjoy yourself!
  • scroogish
    scroogish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Just have a small piece. I live in Northern Ireland and sadly do not celebrate Thanksgiving, however I am saving myself for Christmas which is a definite eating holiday here. I'm planning to enjoy my dinner and not stress about it. I'm good the rest of the time!!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    eat it.

then eat pie

Then eat more pie........and throw in some ice cream too.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Eat a little, enjoy it, and try not to cry yourself to sleep.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else.. Eat the turkey and enjoy. Being overly diligent about your eating protocol is actually a stress you do not need and will burn most people out in a matter of months.

Relax and enjoy.
  • Tallblondechick
    Options
    Eat the turkey.....your daddy loves you no matter what......it is just one meal and you wouldn't need to be on MFP because of that only meal.....Be grateful you have a daddy...make him happy for one meal.....then go eat your veggies....if I could see my daddy's face, smile, or eat Cr^^&^%P off of his shoes.....I would not be asking such a question.

Just sayin.....Happy Thanksgiving