Lost 15lb and nobody is noticing !

Options
Sorry to clog the boards up with this trivial one all, I just wonder if anybody else is having this issue, I feel better healthwise and also mood wise. I just would like to know where this stone has gone !, I still have a tonne to go though and have a belly like a pregnant woman that wont shift !

Replies

• mindy2286
    mindy2286 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been here as well. Im down 25 now and i would like to hear it from others as well. Of course my husband is always telling me he can notice a difference but he is suppose to say that right? lol It would be nice to hear it from others right? What satisfied me was my before and after pics. I have been on this journey for 7 weeks and honeslty i could not tell i had lost 25lbs all thought thats what the scale was telling me so i compared my before and after pic and i seen it!!! I have been obsessed with looking at that picture now. Even if no one notices your doing this for you and dont stop your doing great!

30269908.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • gazzarelio
    Options
    Well Done you, Husbands have to give the right lines to there loved ones. Its great you have noticed, i sort of have noticed but still cant really see a big difference, checking the scales daily and slightly obsessed at present, started mine 8 weeks ago and MFP has me having 1520 calories a day. I hope you acheive your goals and would love to help if you would reciprocate. Thanks for your reply, add me if you do.
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have lost 24lbs and people are just starting to notice. It takes time.. I also have the big belly, you can check my pics. Good luck and keep up the good work!!
  • gazzarelio
    Options
    Good stuff, 24 lbs and 25 lbs in my 2 replies, i think I need to chill out and just keep trying, well done on the loss by the way
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. I started at 220 pounds and I lost over 30 before anyone said anything. My mom told me that she noticed earlier, but didn't want to say anything in case she was wrong or I didn't want to talk about it. For us that started at a little higher weight (as opposed to someone starting at 130 and losing a few vanity pounds), it takes longer for the loss to show. Just keep doing what you are doing and they will start to notice, I promise!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am down 33 and NOTHING either... :angry:
  • indigo_rose
    Options
    I've lost 21 and people who see me every day don't notice as much as those I haven't seen for a few months. Don't give in. I too get a little disheartened when people don't realise especially since I am working my bum off (literally!)
  • gazzarelio
    Options
    what a great reply, thanks and well done on the 30 pounds, top effort, I am hoping that by the time we get to spring I will look like Daniel Craig :noway: would take looking slimmer, have promised myself some new clothes at every 5 pound mark after 25 to keep me going.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I have found people notice but don't say anything because they dont want to offend, or they are worried you may be sick. It sounds stupid but thats what it is with the people I know.
    I actually had a friend say "OH THANK GOD I THOUGHT YOU WERE DYING!" yeah because 15 pounds equates death in her world lol.

Don't let it get to you, and does it really matter if people validate it? You know what you are doing and what you have accomplished and thats the important thing,
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have lost 65 and other than the few close family members who I have told no one has said anything. It kind of bothers me but then I remember I am not losing weight for them so it really doesn't matter. Great job on the 15 pound loss.
  • gazzarelio
    Options
    as frustrating as it is i am glad others have the same issue !, sorry :happy:
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    It takes time and commitment to make changes like this evident. Personally, I think it's more about body language than anything. The more you lose, the better you feel and it translates as an outward change. I've lost 71 lbs and while people noticed before that, more people are catching on that somethings changed.
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    It takes time. I've lost 22 lbs and the biggest difference I notice is in my measurements. When I look in a mirror I don't see the difference but the tape measure says otherwise. Eventually your close will fit differently as well. My biggest problem area is also my belly- but the weight will come off a lot of other area first.....
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    they say you have to lose about 40 pounds before your close family will notice

and 80 pounds before friends and colleagues will notice...

so yeah....
  • TallyGal97
    TallyGal97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    People didn't notice mine until about 20 pounds. And like the previous poster said, they might not want to offend. Congrats on your loss thus far, and keep up the good work!
  • yesiam07
    Options
    it depends who's looking at you if it is someone you see everyday it will take more weight my doctor told me 30-50lbs before they can really tell without questioning people who don't see you every day she said 15-20lbs they will notice and as far as seeing it for yourself physically i can't help you there i have lost 98 lbs and can't see it unless i look at before and after picks but anyhow great loss you are doing well keep up the hard work
  • gazzarelio
    Options
    to all those that have replied so far thanks, you speak so much sense, I would say the best thing is to remember this is for me and my health and sod anybody else, if any of you need moral support in future count me in, thanks so much
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    go to a thrift store in a ritzy neighborhood & buy lots of new SMALLER clothes in splashy colors & zoom up the make up :) instant cheap uplift!
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    People didn't really notice any big changes for the first 20 pounds...but I just got to 30 and now everybody seems to comment on it when they see me! Pretty cool feeling :)
  • marie_25m
    marie_25m Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    12 pounds less and only one coworker noticed...a male, so that counts, because sometimes they dont pay attention to the smallest details