plain greek yogurt.. what do you put in it?

Options

Replies

• Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Packet of stevia and cinnamon or sugar-free Hershey's cocoa powder
    Mio water flavoring
    SF Crystal Lite powder
  • sabrakay1
    sabrakay1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I have 4oz greek yogurt, 1 tsp sugar, and 60 g frozen blueberries. Stir up & the yogurt gets kinda thick, almost like ice cream. Don't want the artificial sweetners & figure 15 cal for the sugar is doable.
  • TanyaRochelle
    TanyaRochelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just heard that you can use greek yogurt to replace oil in cake recipes (probably other recipes too...)
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Berries!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite way is to add 1tbsp sugar free chocolate pudding and 4tbsp light or sugar free cool whip to 1/2cup greek yogurt. It's super delicious and like a dessert. Sometimes I'll use sugar free butterscotch but when I use that I also add in 1tbsp peanut butter. Peanut butter with the chocolate is good too :smile:

It's not bad for protein drinks either. You'll have to find the right balance of splenda or stevia though and the amount of water you use depends on how thin you want it. For shakes I love it with pumpkin, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice......super good!!
  • azureheron
    Options
    Yum, I'm gonna try that - thanks!
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    A balsamic vinegar reduction and berries. (Reduce balsamic vinegar over heat until viscous. Cool. Add to yogurt.)
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    WW Jell-O packet and a quarter of a block of crushed Green&Blacks 85%.

Freeze it for a couple of hours and it's like ice cream. ^.^
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Mixed melon peices - scrummy
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mix 50/50 with sieved low fat cottage cheese, half teaspoon of honey and the seeds from 4 cardamom pods, leave in fridge to infusefor half hour and serve over any fruit.
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Warm apples and cinnamon and then a cup of plain greek yogurt (that I keep in the freezer) as "ice cream".
    Or you can just use the yogurt to replace any thing you'd use as icecream before.
    Also, it works great in place of mayonnaise too!

warm apples & cinnamon sounds good. I'll have to try it as for me it is usuallywith honey, pumpkin & sunflower seeds.
  • kerryoneill22
    kerryoneill22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Raspberries and roasted sunflower seeds, sounds awful but it is really nice.
  • shella_bella
    Options
    I microwave some frozen berries till they're thawed, mix that in, add chia seeds or muesli & honey (occasionally a little bit of sugar).
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Either peanut butter (crunchy) or protein powder......sometimes both, if calories allow

Sue :smile: x
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, chopped up apple and sultanas....

or i put berries in it or pineapple..

theres loads you can add
  • travel_kat
    travel_kat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Grilled plums (sounds wierd but they are gorgeous and taste really sweet), flaxseed oil, cinamon and protein powder. Or just the grilled plums.
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm loing these ideas! My fave is a tsp cinnamon and some maple syrup. Delish :-)
  • DreamerOfSlim
    Options
    I'm so glad someone posted this up... I just tried to have plain Greek yogurt with mixed fresh fruit in there I had kiwi and it spoiled it all for me... :( and because I couldn't stand the sourness I had to wash off the yogurt...

These tips are great though so I'll be trying them :)
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    honey and nuts for sweet tooth

or ground dried mint and basil and garlic powder as a dipping sauce