Replies

• luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Here are a few combo's that I like.....

banana, walnuts and cinnamon

Berries & vanilla yogurt on top sprinkle with cinnamon

Applesauce, raisins and cinnamon.

Sliced banana and 1 tbsp of chocolate chips.

Apparently I am a fan of cinnamon and oatmeal.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this blog! The Oatmeal Artist

This is the link to the recipe for apple pie baked oatmeal. It is delicious. As someone who used to have to dump tons of brown sugar in my oatmeal her recipes really excite me because they are full of flavor without a ton of sweetner. She uses natural sweetners too like honey and maple syrup, which I prefer to artificial. Tons of recipes. Did I mention that I LOVE this blog?

http://theoatmealartist.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/apple-pie-baked-oatmeal.html

Ahh I'm so glad you posted this! As I was reading through the thread I was thinking about this blog but couldn't remember it's name! It's amazing!!
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    *Cinnamon and chopped apples (cook them in the oatmeal)
    *Banana, honey and chopped nuts
    *Raspberries, yogurt and sesame seeds
    *Blueberries and vanilla extract
  • pmacdon
    Options
    We eat oatmeal most mornings and we like to add natural peanut butter for some protein, fruit, cinnamon, flax seed... Whatever you like.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Prunes! (For healthy bones, who knows if it really works but why not) And sometimes a bit of flax seed.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110818093048.htm
  • angellakh
    Options
    WOW, I am so excited about all of these ideas....I did buy steel cut oats, so I can't wait to try out these combos
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    LARGE bowl
    ⅔ cup oats
    cocoa/cinnamon
    1tbspn peanut butter & co (or 12g peanut flour)
    pinch of salt
    Add lots of water

nuke. When done should still be a bit runny.

Add 1tbspn peanut butter & co and let it melt in. Let cool for a few minutes. Then add 1 scoop of protein powder (mine is vanilla casein)
  • repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    Options
    i actually mix my oatmeal with my protein drink
  • leejayem
    leejayem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for something to sweeten it, try "Natvia" (or Stevia). It's a natural sweetener.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    k now im hungry :/
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I know the brown sugar is mainly what lots of people add.

I've seen people add:

- flavored creamer
    - raisins
    - peaches
    - sugar
    - peanut butter
    - strawberries
    - almonds

I'm sure there are more things you can add. It all depends on what you're in the mood for.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    k now im hungry :/

Me too omg this thread.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    I always use bananas with raisins or apples with cinnamon! :heart:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Half a punnet of blueberries. That's all.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I bought me some oatmeal today to eat for breakfast but I am wondering what do you put in it if you don't like to eat it plain? I have always put in some brown sugar but I am now thinking that may not be the best choice anymore.

What are your suggestions?

TIA

I eat oatmeal 5 days a week, most of the time. One cup dry oatmeal, water, than a spoon of peanut butter, swirl it around(melt it) and then add an 1/8 cup of milk.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this blog! The Oatmeal Artist

This is the link to the recipe for apple pie baked oatmeal. It is delicious. As someone who used to have to dump tons of brown sugar in my oatmeal her recipes really excite me because they are full of flavor without a ton of sweetner. She uses natural sweetners too like honey and maple syrup, which I prefer to artificial. Tons of recipes. Did I mention that I LOVE this blog?

http://theoatmealartist.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/apple-pie-baked-oatmeal.html
    yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Jenerferzzz
    Jenerferzzz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try some of these suggestions, I am not a plain oatmeal kind of gal. Thanks for the tips.
  • Myan1959
    Myan1959 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have it every morning at work, I don't do the packets I just put 1/2 cup of reg with water in the microwave for 1 min I usually add a TBS of cranberries, walnuts,honey and a pinch of cinnamon.