Why are you doing this? (Fitness motivations)

Options

Replies

• jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've always been overweight, but NO MORE. I want to be fit and healthy and sexy as hell :) I want guys to look at me and not just the friends that I'm out with. I want to wear a swimsuit and not feel like I need a cover-up. I want to be in a size 8 instead of the 22 that I was in (I'm down to a 14/16 now!) :)
  • miart65
    miart65 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If I'm being completely honest, it's because I want to go out and feel like guys are actually noticing me. I have a lot of skinny friends, so when I go out, they are the ones that get noticed while I sit in the corner smiling trying to be happy for them and trying not to get jealous.
    I'm also doing it to be healthier and to make myself more proud of myself and to feel better about who I am and what I can accomplish.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    I've done it for my health first off. Secondly...I was always over weight...since..forever. then one say while walking thru the mal, noticed my hands going numb. It scared me cuz my dad had that right before being dx with diabetes. I didn't want to end up like tha. He lost a ton of weight himself and is no longer diabetic...np meds, nothing. So..it good to not be the over weight one in the room all the time now. I still want to lose 15-20.
    just read your 115 pounds lost, WOW! Looking at you I would never guessed you had that weight before! I told you before you look amazing, so proud of you!
    Thank you VERY much!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    If I'm being completely honest, it's because I want to go out and feel like guys are actually noticing me. I have a lot of skinny friends, so when I go out, they are the ones that get noticed while I sit in the corner smiling trying to be happy for them and trying not to get jealous.
    I'm also doing it to be healthier and to make myself more proud of myself and to feel better about who I am and what I can accomplish.

I can so.relate to this!!!
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    I bet you will be a man-eater once you achieve it babe - you are beautiful and determined!
  • Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Simple... to be able to crack walnuts between my pecks. Same as everyone else, right?
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    I am 68 and my body is not as forgiving as it was. My social life revolves around my walking group. With them and others I have enjoyed some wilderness hiking adventures. This summer I found my knees were bothering me and I was having to sit out my walk some days or shorten it. Dr took x-rays and it looks like I have osteoarthritis in my right knee. He referred me to a surgeon to discuss a knee replacement. I have friend who have had those and they are still limited in their activity. I asked Dr if there wasn't some other alternative. He said though I wasn't very overweight, a ten pound weight loss would take a lot of pressure off the knee. He also suggested weight training aimed at developing the muscle support for the knee. So that is what I did. I have been at it now for three months and my knees are much better. I hope to get a few miles out of them yet.
    that's an amazing example of determination! you look great and it makes me happy to hear your story - an example for all!
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    I've always been overweight, but NO MORE. I want to be fit and healthy and sexy as hell :) I want guys to look at me and not just the friends that I'm out with. I want to wear a swimsuit and not feel like I need a cover-up. I want to be in a size 8 instead of the 22 that I was in (I'm down to a 14/16 now!) :)
    all of that while doing zumba? You'll be the Soul of the party and the queen on the dance floor! wanna dance?
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    Simple... to be able to crack walnuts between my pecks. Same as everyone else, right?
    totally - I am sure that's the main reason for all of us
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    all of that while doing zumba? You'll be the Soul of the party and the queen on the dance floor! wanna dance?
    Yep- Zumba and eating healthy. I'll save a dance for you... but my "dance card" is gonna be filling up fast ;)
  • 25poundshed
    Options
    So I can get big booty hoes.
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    Yep- Zumba and eating healthy. I'll save a dance for you... but my "dance card" is gonna be filling up fast ;)
    I know! but -singing- you dance every dance with the guy who gives you the eye let him hold you tight... but darling save the last dance for me ;)
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    MOtivaton:
    Me....every workout i do, every drop of sweat i pour out, i dig deeper and go harder....i have several people at work that look up to me somewhat so their admiration goes a long way to push me harder...

Goals:
    to hear my husband tell me that i take his breath away
    to feel sexy
    to get compliments from others saying how nice i look/beautiful i am

Dream size/body:
    i am currently a 16, but i would like to be an 8-10...
    body style...curvy and voluptuous
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Diabetes and high blood pressure are common in my culture and run in my family ( native american and african american). Also, I just hate how i look right now....i don't feel like my outside matches the woman on the inside.... I want to be healthy foremost, fit, and confident again. :love:
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    MOtivaton:
    Me....every workout i do, every drop of sweat i pour out, i dig deeper and go harder....i have several people at work that look up to me somewhat so their admiration goes a long way to push me harder...

Goals:
    to hear my husband tell me that i take his breath away
    to feel sexy
    to get compliments from others saying how nice i look/beautiful i am

Dream size/body:
    i am currently a 16, but i would like to be an 8-10...
    body style...curvy and voluptuous
    you have a champions heart what else would you need to reach your goal? rock it!
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    Diabetes and high blood pressure are common in my culture and run in my family ( native american and african american). Also, I just hate how i look right now....i don't feel like my outside matches the woman on the inside.... I want to be healthy foremost, fit, and confident again. :love:
    You look stunning now, so I better say that now and get head-started points so you won't reject me when you reach your goal =)
  • sithmuffin
    sithmuffin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Health reasons still come first, as both my mother and father have shown me what being unhealthy does to you.

BUT my OTHER biggest motivation is cosplay. I want to cosplay Harley Quinn. She wears a skin tight jumpsuit. If that isn't motivation enough...
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    Health reasons still come first, as both my mother and father have shown me what being unhealthy does to you.

BUT my OTHER biggest motivation is cosplay. I want to cosplay Harley Quinn. She wears a skin tight jumpsuit. If that isn't motivation enough...
    Harley! :love:
  • Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Sith... you're the new coolest person here. Congrats my friend!
  • sithmuffin
    sithmuffin Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Sith... you're the new coolest person here. Congrats my friend!

All my dreams are coming true!