Flabby arms

Options
124»

Replies

• MissDestiny93
    Options
    It's incredible that women today are still so misinformed on weight training.

Please don't go out and waste your hard earned money on some pink 2lb dumbells!

Lift heavy, eat right and throw some cardio in. You won't become a bodybuilder... I promise.

There are a lot of good (beginner) arm routines on bodybuilding.com. Sift through there and see if you like something. Give it a month or two... if you get JACKED and become a bodybuilder let me know how the hell you managed that! Good luck :)

Lifting heavy weights DOES make your arms start looking like a body builder!! so be careful, if thats not what your aiming to do!! I know this because im only 20 years old and im having trouble toning my arms down :( some people just gain muscle more easy than others! Everybodys body is different!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

It's incredible that women today are still so misinformed on weight training.

Please don't go out and waste your hard earned money on some pink 2lb dumbells!

Lift heavy, eat right and throw some cardio in. You won't become a bodybuilder... I promise.

There are a lot of good (beginner) arm routines on bodybuilding.com. Sift through there and see if you like something. Give it a month or two... if you get JACKED and become a bodybuilder let me know how the hell you managed that! Good luck :)

Lifting heavy weights DOES make your arms start looking like a body builder!! so be careful, if thats not what your aiming to do!! I know this because im only 20 years old and im having trouble toning my arms down :( some people just gain muscle more easy than others! Everybodys body is different!

No, just no.

Wait! This thread is 5 months old!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I am losing around a pound a week and using the weight machines, too scared at the moment for free weights. I have noticed some definition in my arms having done this for around 6 weeks. It seems to be working but if I use the chest press too heavy I trash my shoulders so have to be very careful. I got measured recently and have lost around 2 inches on my upper arms. They still look horrible but I am hopeful!

Good for you!!! :D Keep it up ! Honestly, i remember being afraid to go to the other side of the gym basically where all the guys are, and use the machines. but after a while, i was doing cardio everyday and at some point i was fed up. Spending roughly $60.00 on a monthly basis for my membership and all im doing is walking/running etc. I was beyond bored, i didnt feel like going to the gym anymore because of this. On bodybuilding.com they show videos as to how to use the machines which helped SO SO MUCH. Plus on the machines themselves they give you directions. Good luck :D!

thanks D if you are reading this! 3 months on and my arms are starting to shape up. When I do curls I can actually see muscles. Weight loss slow but sure so the combination is working. My arms now look quite good in sleeves, still have bingo wings but much better than before. Thanks for the encouragement¬