want to keep my boobs

Options

Replies

• GoodGhost9
    Options
    I know how you feel, I've lost 12 lbs so far total and my boobs have already gone back down to their original size, 34B plus lost some volume after having my son. They were a 36C before I started losing weight and I still have 13 more pounds to lose! I guess it's just one of those things that will happen. I'm too afraid to get implants! :ohwell:
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Hooray for boobies!
  • deathantaxes
    deathantaxes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    how? what was your secret?
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Everyone says that the boobs are one of the first things to go when losing weight. I'm a small B and wont be happy if I go back down to an A cup.

Use a bio-identical progesterone cream (it should be administered vaginally only---in order to avoid "dermal fatigue" that comes from just rubbing it on anywhere). It is available over-the-counter at health food stores and at some pharmacies. Kokoro is a good brand (they are not all created equal). Evita is another brand that is approved by the researchers into the use of progesterone supplementation.

Why do we need it when our grandmothers and great-grandmothers didn't? Because the synthetic progestins that are contained in the birth control pill have shut down the natural progesterone production of many a female. In addition, all of the man-made chemicals in our environment that act like estrogen mimics have messed up women's hormonal balance as well. I personally believe that it is why we have so many depressed people. Women get depressed when their progesterone levels drop. Men get depressed when their testosterone levels drop due to xenoestrogens (the technical term for man-made chemicals in our environment that act like estrogen mimics).

p.s. It will not harm men, if their women use the cream vaginally. The men's bodies will convert the slight amount of progesterone they may absorb, into a form that they can use as a precursor to testosterone production. It may actually help counteract the effects of xenoestrogens in men.

Yes, sure, use progesterone. Ignore all the science that links progesterone supplementation to increased cancer, heart attack, blood clot, and strokes...

THIS.

Please don't apply hormones of any type to your body without the advice of a doctor.

It is SYNTHETIC progestins that are linked to increased cancer, heart attack, blood clots, etc. Bio-identical progesterone is exactly the same substance that a woman's body produces. It naturally rises and falls throughout her cycle. It is produced in super abundance during pregnancy (which, by the way, has been shown to protect against breast disease). I have fibrocystic breast disease and it is much improved since I started supplementing my progesterone supply.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You have an illness. That's a different situation. Estrogen and progesterone supplementation used to be prescribed for all kinds of things, then they started linking the supplementation with disease. It's not a matter of synthetic vs non-synthetic (unless they are extracting it from a human being, its synthetic,) it's a matter of having more progesterone than a person should have.

The same way that Vitamin E overdoses can actually be detrimental and cause health problems. It's all about context and dosage.
  • ashkins1
    Options
    I've lost a cup was a dd. I never had fuller sized breast and I lost it quick. I don't plan on being skinny since it doesn't fit me. Defiantly with genetics of having hips thighs and a booty. I'll be happy on a c cup lol.
  • ashkins1
    Options
    It also depends on what type of breasts you have. I have extremely fibrous breasts and so they sit high on my chest and are very firm (which SUCKS come mammogram time), and because of this, when ever I do chest exercises, my pects beef up and my breasts get bigger. You're welcome to think this is fabulous, but before birth control and giving up chest presses or rowing of any kind, I magically became a 32 DD after being rather happy with my 32 B/C (American) - post birth control, I'm a 34 DD. They're big, they hurt when I run and they seem to convince people (males) that I'm an airhead.

So, if you have fibrous, firm breasts, do chest presses. Even if they're the nicer, softer kind, building the muscle underneath and in the shoulder will help keep them perky (lat pulls, arm raises, that sort).

I do them exercises and see no difference except a smaller cup. I've gained a cup from weight gain and birth control. I don't care if I go to a c cup. Wish they weren't so far apart. They look smaller without a bra on. I do have a big boned chest and wide ribs.
  • cybercpa
    Options
    I'm 140 lbs and have a 34 C cup. I am heading to 115 lbs and will be having a tummy tuck and boob job. (And anything else that will add to the benefits of my weight loss). Graduation presents for high school girls nowadays are boob jobs... it's not a big deal.

If you want boobs quit bemoaning the loss of yours as you lose weight and go get a new set when you reach your goal weight. If you lost a lot of weight or were "large" breasted to begin with they are probably in need of a "lift' anyway.
  • barbzwithtatts
    Options
    This has always been a thing that puts me off losing weight. However most of my friends are naturally skinny and they have small boobs and although I love my boobs. I hate my body generally when i'm this size. I look at my friends bodies who are quite flat chested A-B cup, but I would much rather have a body like theirs and they still get plenty of attention from men.
    At the end of the day it is a shame to have to lose boobs, but while you might not like your boobs, after losing weight you may love every other part of your body. I'd rather be proud of my legs, arms, butt and belly and not like my boobs as much than be where I am at the moment and hate everything apart from my boobs.
    Just weigh up the pros and cons.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    Get implants if you want your boobs
    That's the only way you'll keep them if your loosing weight
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    You have an illness. That's a different situation. Estrogen and progesterone supplementation used to be prescribed for all kinds of things, then they started linking the supplementation with disease. It's not a matter of synthetic vs non-synthetic (unless they are extracting it from a human being, its synthetic,) it's a matter of having more progesterone than a person should have.

The same way that Vitamin E overdoses can actually be detrimental and cause health problems. It's all about context and dosage.

No. You do not understand. Bio-identical progesterone is EXACTLY the same molecule as natural progesterone. Synthetic progestins (such as those contained in the birth control pill) do not even pretend to be the same. Because of xenoestrogens in the environment, MANY women lose their natural progesterone supply as the xenoestrogens cause them to stop ovulating prematurely. When that happens, progesterone production falls off a cliff. Some women are now into peri-menopause at 35. Breast cancer is becoming epidemic among women in their thirties---partly due to the birth control pill, as well as other hormones in food and the environment. Young women did NOT get breast cancer in the past because of the protective effect of their many pregnancies--with the pregnancy-supplied vast amounts of progesterone flooding their systems with each pregnancy.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

No. You do not understand. Bio-identical progesterone is EXACTLY the same molecule as natural progesterone. Synthetic progestins (such as those contained in the birth control pill) do not even pretend to be the same. Because of xenoestrogens in the environment, MANY women lose their natural progesterone supply as the xenoestrogens cause them to stop ovulating prematurely. When that happens, progesterone production falls off a cliff. Some women are now into peri-menopause at 35. Breast cancer is becoming epidemic among women in their thirties---partly due to the birth control pill, as well as other hormones in food and the environment. Young women did NOT get breast cancer in the past because of the protective effect of their many pregnancies--with the pregnancy-supplied vast amounts of progesterone flooding their systems with each pregnancy.
    Would you care to share your scientific sources for all of these rather outrageous claims?
    The International Menopause Society, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada, The Endocrine Society, the North American Menopause Society (NAMS), United States Food and Drug Administration, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, American Medical Association, American Cancer Society and the Mayo Clinic have released statements that there is a lack of evidence that the benefits and risks of bioidentical hormones are different from well-studied nonbioidentical counterparts; until such evidence is produced the risks should be treated as if they were similar; and that compounded hormone products may have additional risks related to compounding. A major safety concern in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is that there is no requirement to include package inserts, despite the potential for serious adverse effects (including life-threatening adverse effects) associated with HRT. This can lead to consumers' being deceived (and harmed), as they are misled into believing that BHRT is safe and has no side effects. Regulatory bodies require pharmacies to include important safety information with conventional hormone replacement therapy (CHRT) via package inserts.

And specifically about bioidentical progesterone:
    Progesterone can cause the emergence (or significant worsening) of abdominal pain, constipation, yeast infections, breast cancer, cystitis, acne, conjunctivitis, thrombotic disorders resulting in pulmonary embolus, strokes or heart attacks and—due to increased fluid retention—epilepsy, migraine, asthma and cardiac or renal dysfunction. Psychiatric reactions can include emotional instability, depression, aggression, decreased libido and drowsiness. Adverse effects can also occur in the urinary, central or peripheral nervous system or bones and muscles.

As for women not getting breast cancer in the past, well, that's just flat out wrong. Breast cancer has been mentioned, studied, and treated since at least 1600 BC, and has been rather common since the 1800's. Both George Washington's and King Louis XIV's mothers died from breast cancer. The only thing making it slightly more common now than it was then is the longer lifespan allowing women more time to get the disease, oh, and hormone replacement therapy, including bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. At least, according to actual research and science.
  • mandyreadsbooks88
    Options
    I went from a C to a B,
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that.

Seriously this I went from a c to an a yea... Good luck lol
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    Tiger'sword,

You said: "As for women not getting breast cancer in the past, well, that's just flat out wrong. Breast cancer has been mentioned, studied, and treated since at least 1600 BC, and has been rather common since the 1800's. Both George Washington's and King Louis XIV's mothers died from breast cancer. The only thing making it slightly more common now than it was then is the longer lifespan allowing women more time to get the disease, oh, and hormone replacement therapy, including bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. At least, according to actual research and science."

If you will note---I said "YOUNG women" did not get breast cancer in the past" Now there is a virtual epidemic that no one is talking about. I know three families where women in their thirties contracted and died of breast cancer (all three were on the synthetic hormones--from birth control pills--for a number of years . It seems to be particularly virulent when it strikes a woman in her thirties---and yes, it is likely fed by the woman's hormones. Cancer, in general, used to be a disease of the fifth decade of life. The hysteria about synthetic hormones is well-deserved---they are cancer breeders. There has not been a lot of research into the bio-identical vs. synthetic hormones for obvious reasons. The reason why they went for synthetic hormones in the first place is that they could not patent natural progesterone as a drug--thus, no money in it for them. Because the big pharmaceutical houses don't want to get sued when people find out that they have been used as guinea pigs since the 1960s, when synthetic hormones were first introduced to the public, they have to label ALL hormone supplementation as harmful. You are being very naive indeed if you believe that Big Pharma has refrained from buying a LOT of influence with all sorts of governing bodies. Read about the strong links between the FDA and Big Pharma. Google is your friend. There is something very rotten in the enormous influence that Big Pharma has with the FDA and other governmental bodies assigned the responsibility to safeguard the public from harm. There is a revolving door between the upper levels of government and the senior management at big pharmaceutical houses. Big Pharma has also bought enormous influence in medical schools and thus, medical associations as well. There is a LOT of money at stake in this issue. Corruption is assured. Just as Big Agra bought the NO vote in the California GMO labeling law (proposition 37) so Big Pharma gets what they want when they want it---for a relatively small amount of money. If you want to be horrified, look up the controversy over the FDA and their approval of Aricept-23 (the previous maximum dose was much smaller). Pfizer and their partner firm have already made $93 million on the drug, even though the FDA has belatedly admitted that it has proved to be quite dangerous for patients. And yet, they still refuse to rescind their approval!

Some physicians have done their own private investigations into natural progesterone supplementation. Dr. John Lee was a pioneer in the use of bio-identical progesterone supplementation. He is now deceased but his work is being carried forward. A short bio on him can be found here: http://www.johnleemd.com/
  • amiscci
    amiscci Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My abs are worth my AA tatas.

well, me too. At least there's no worry about droop! :laugh:
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    Tiger'sword.

You said: "Would you care to share your scientific sources for all of these rather outrageous claims?"

Not outrageous at all. It is well known that many women struggle with issues of "estrogen dominance"---the symptoms have been well described and when they receive progesterone supplementation, many, many of them experience dramatic improvement in their symptoms. Christiane Northrup, M.D. is also a leader in the investigation of the problem of estrogen dominance. http://www.drnorthrup.com/womenshealth/healthcenter/topic_details.php?topic_id=118

Conventional medicine and medical research has been so co-opted by Big Pharma that it is unlikely any "legitimate" research will be done on natural progesterone supplementation any time soon.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    My breasts got bigger, not smaller, after losing weight (38C/D to 34DDD).

Some people gain boobage only after they gain weight - my sister was always a skinny A cup until she gained 100 pounds and became a C. I'm sure if she lost weight it would go away.

I was a C cup when I was 5'10" and 128 pounds. So when I shed my extra pounds, I'm going back to that.

We're all built differently. I am also willing to bet that it's naturally small busted women who notice and complain that they lose boobage with weight. Those of us who were always too big don't worry about it - and don't really lose more than we want too. Too much is just TOO MUCH. Especially when you're older and gravity does its work.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Oh my incredible shrinking tatas! I'll miss you girls. Not excited about the sagging, loose skin. Thank God for plastic surgeons! If I'm going to get healthy I should look fabulous when I die at 100!
  • jeweljeans
    jeweljeans Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Nothing money can't fix! ????

My husband said my weight loss was the worst investment ever... He said if he's putting out money, they should be growing! Sarcasm and teasing of course! I've lost 3" so far... Gone from a 36 D to a 34 D. I think they still look great. Hoping they don't get too much smaller though! But if I had to choose abs or boobs, I'd choose abs. Ha