21 months 377 to 233 *pics*

Options
Decided it was time to upload a few pictures. Since starting this journey in March, 2011, I have not put up any public pictures. This has been a long journey with a lot of ups and downs in between. I signed up here on MFP in March of '11, but I did not start logging until around August. When I first started I was just watching what I ate and cut out all soda's and sweet tea (that was the hardest part.) I occasionally exercised here and there for the first few months, but I was steadily losing weight. In December of '11 I joined the gym and started lifting and doing cardio 4-6 day a week. That has been one of the best things I've done. The gym has now become part of my life. I'm there 4-5 mornings before work every week. I love to lift, and I have taken up running the last few months and it's quite enjoyable.

The only *diet* I have done throughout this journey was three months of Keto, earlier this year. Keto did work, but I found it is not sustainable for me for long periods of time. So after three months, I quit and went back to what I had been doing and continue to do to this day, eat whatever the heck I want. While staying under my calorie goals, and eating a lot of protein. If I want ice cream, cookies, etc. I eat it, but within reason. It has worked for me, so why fix something that isn't broke!

Anyways, on to the pics. These are considered before and during because I am not done. I will never be done, this is a lifestyle change and I will continue to keep pushing further. I plan to keep cutting until I am satisfied with BF%, and then I will start a bulk. I am hoping by March, I will be on a bulk.

Feel free to add me if you like. If you have any questions you can message me as well.

Michael

Fatass1-1.jpg
IMG_1957-1.jpg
11-22-12-1.jpg
11-22-122-1.jpg

Replies

• josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Well done - you look awesome!
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look great - like a different man, in fact. Congrats on your hard work!
  • moounir
    moounir Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is great. I am looking to the pictures and really i am impressed. I think you're right this has to be a life style because you need to think that you like this and not doing this only because of loosing weight.
  • Beth88888
    Beth88888 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results.
  • sheri555
    Options
    The pics are really inspiring! Thank you for sharing. You look fantastic!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Decided it was time to upload a few pictures. Since starting this journey in March, 2011, I have not put up any public pictures. This has been a long journey with a lot of ups and downs in between. I signed up here on MFP in March of '11, but I did not start logging until around August. When I first started I was just watching what I ate and cut out all soda's and sweet tea (that was the hardest part.) I occasionally exercised here and there for the first few months, but I was steadily losing weight. In December of '11 I joined the gym and started lifting and doing cardio 4-6 day a week. That has been one of the best things I've done. The gym has now become part of my life. I'm there 4-5 mornings before work every week. I love to lift, and I have taken up running the last few months and it's quite enjoyable.

The only *diet* I have done throughout this journey was three months of Keto, earlier this year. Keto did work, but I found it is not sustainable for me for long periods of time. So after three months, I quit and went back to what I had been doing and continue to do to this day, eat whatever the heck I want. While staying under my calorie goals, and eating a lot of protein. If I want ice cream, cookies, etc. I eat it, but within reason. It has worked for me, so why fix something that isn't broke!

Anyways, on to the pics. These are considered before and during because I am not done. I will never be done, this is a lifestyle change and I will continue to keep pushing further. I plan to keep cutting until I am satisfied with BF%, and then I will start a bulk. I am hoping by March, I will be on a bulk.

Feel free to add me if you like. If you have any questions you can message me as well.

Michael

Fatass1-1.jpg
    IMG_1957-1.jpg
    11-22-12-1.jpg
    11-22-122-1.jpg

that is soo great! awesome job.. you basically saved your life and your health.. and have a healthy feel good habit goin now! (gym)! yessssssss:drinker:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    fist bump.
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well done! you are going to have to change your name from Big mike to Fit Mike! Way to go and keep up the awesome work!! Like you said...it is a lifestyle now!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look amazing!! Keep up the good work and thanks so much for sharing too!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    :love: :flowerforyou:
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Great work! You don't even look 233 at all. Congrats!
  • joljolady
    Options
    fantastic Michael! You oughta be very proud of yourself :)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Nice job brother!!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    How tall are you anyway? Great job o the weight loss!!! PS you are going to have to change your name to NotBigMikeAnymore =)
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am 6'7.

Thanks for all the kind words y'all!
  • happynmellow
    Options
    Awesome job! I love to see the success stories!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I am 6'7.

Thanks for all the kind words y'all!
    WOW..that is tall and great job!!!
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    holy wow! you look amazing!!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your success! Thank you for posting - it is very inspiring.
    p.s. I truly understand about the sweet tea :wink:
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, incredible transformation
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!