Breakfast! Most Important Meal of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    So we all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Its the largest meal and you eat it when you wake up to make it though the day. My problem is that I get tired about 2pm or 3pm. My thought is, if I just MOVE breakfast too noonish, then I'll be peaking on my food high by this time and get my though the day. I eat more than 3 meals a day, so I eat Breakfast, Brunch, lunch, dinner, snack or B,Br,L,D,S. Would Br,L,B,D,S the most effective meal strategy? Then I'll be tired closer to 7 or 8pm at night. Not such a big deal then, its just Vanna and the Wheel and bed. I don't watch Jeopardy because its to pretentious.
    Cheers! Thank you all in advance for your input.!!!!!

Stop lying!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important... at least for me. It determines how my day will start. If I start with lots of carbs, I'm grumpy all day. If it's a lot of protein, though, I am active and energized all day.

However... I'm not so sure if I would say it's the largest meal of the day. I spread out the meals for myself... with a little more at supper (usually an early supper).

As for when to eat breakfast. I work early every morning, so my breakfast is always about 7:30... sometimes even earlier (at 6:30). If it's full of protein, and then you spread the meals out throughout the day, than you shouldn't get sluggish later on.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    IF I DONT EAT BREAKFAST MY METABOLISM STOPS AND THEN I LOOSE WEIGHT RELLY SLOWLY SO OF COUSE IT IS THE MOST IMPOTENT MEAL OF THE DAY
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    We need a reputation system to distinguish the newbies from the educated if we have this nonsense going around on a daily basis.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    We need a reputation system to distinguish the newbies from the educated if we have this nonsense going around on a daily basis.

heh
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

But I get neg reps on BB.com for being short!!!!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    IF I DONT EAT BREAKFAST MY METABOLISM STOPS AND THEN I LOOSE WEIGHT RELLY SLOWLY SO OF COUSE IT IS THE MOST IMPOTENT MEAL OF THE DAY

Thats coz bekkfast revs up yor metebalism and strokes...sorry, I mean stokes yur furnace and fils the gas tank. you cant drive yur car wit no gas.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is not the most important meal of the day.

Stories are made up to make people do things. Telling kids that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, is akin to telling them to behave or Santa wont bring them a present. It's just a way to make them eat...because parents often like to force their kids to do things they don't want to do. Usually because the kid has a small window of opportuinty to eat breakfast, then they go off to school, and they can't just stop and eat in the middle of class, for some reason - ancient power-trip teachers. Anyway, I hope that clears it up for you. It's a myth, not a fact. You are a grown up now, and can do whatever you want. You can even have breakfast for dinner. :)
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is not the most important meal of the day.

Stories are made up to make people do things. Telling kids that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, is akin to telling them to behave or Santa wont bring them a present. It's just a way to make them eat...because parents often like to force their kids to do things they don't want to do. Usually because the kid has a small window of opportuinty to eat breakfast, then they go off to school, and they can't just stop and eat in the middle of class, for some reason - ancient power-trip teachers. Anyway, I hope that clears it up for you. It's a myth, not a fact. You are a grown up now, and can do whatever you want. You can even have breakfast for dinner. :)

Telling kids that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, is akin to telling them to behave or Santa wont bring them a present. It's just a way to make them eat...

Are you high?
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

Thats coz bekkfast revs up yor metebalism and strokes...sorry, I mean stokes yur furnace and fils the gas tank. you cant drive yur car wit no gas.

Well said!
    Lol!
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options

heh

You don't get out much do you?
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

heh

You don't get out much do you?

Thats crank being cranky!
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    However, I really consider dinner the LEAST important dinner of the day. Everyone is different, I know, but having a heavy dinner do not help me sleeping and lots of food will not be processed at the next day.

Isn't the famous philosopher said "Eat breakfast like a king lunch like a prince and dinner like a popper"? lol

I have a 400-500 cal breakfast everyday and a 400 cal lunch as well if I do not go to a restaurant. It feels great.

I did diet some years ago and usually didn't have breakfast "to stop eating".. I discovered that at least for me, it was wrong!. I felt really grumpy -that's true- and without energy.

And of course, my fried egg is the king of my breakfast! Love it!

On the other hand, I tend to be realistic.. I can't go on a day starving. I see a lot of you, ladies, do it. That is wrong...

To me, for most people -not all of them-, skipping breakfast is merely an excuse to eat less and lose weight faster, which is for me, it's totally wrong!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    The most important meal of the day is....

Are you ready for this...

POST WORKOUT!!!
    NUFF SAID.
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    To the post just above, I repeat this:

To me, for most people -not all of them-, skipping breakfast is merely an excuse to eat less and lose weight faster, which is for me, it's totally wrong!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Says the marketing people that sell breakfast foods. While I personally find it best to eat breakfast to avoid being crazy hungry at lunch, not everybody is that way.

ETA: Eating breakfast also means that I have one more meal to get my calories in during the day and not have to try to plan higher calorie meals later in the day.
  • ninjakowski
    Options
    this thread is killing me. breakfast makes you impotent and you should eat dinner like a popper! lmao.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    The most important meal of the day is....

Are you ready for this...

POST WORKOUT!!!
    NUFF SAID.

#truth
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast, brunch, lunch, tea, dinner and snacks. I prefer brunch.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Skipping breakfast is a reason to be able to save your calories to have a big dinner.