Calling All Music Fans

Options
I don't know about everyone else, but when I am working out, I NEED to have some good tunes. Slow tunes can sometimes KILL a workout for me, so I try to have upbeat, hype music to keep me going. But now I need your help!!!

I have been listening to the same running mix for the last year, and while I love whats on here (Jay Z, Kanye, Common, Dead Prez, to name a few) I am feeling the need for some new stuff. So I have a favor to ask:

Can you list your top 10 favorite songs to workout too? I am hoping to find new stuff I have not listened to before; it doesn't have to be new artists, but anything you listen to in order to get you up and going.

I love ALL music, so anything at all will be considered!

Thanks!

Replies

• Wargamergal
    Wargamergal Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My favourite thing to listen to when i work out (especially if i am doing weights) is Disturbed. They just have the right "i am going to kick this exercise in the a.." attitude :)
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My favourite thing to listen to when i work out (especially if i am doing weights) is Disturbed. They just have the right "i am going to kick this exercise in the a.." attitude :)

I FORGOT about Disturbed! Good call!!!
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Metallica
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    skrillex

mudvayne

saliva

t.i.

eric prydz

bubbly pop music like katy perry, shakira, etc.
  • CoronerKris
    CoronerKris Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Shinedown, We came as romans, t.i., eminem
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite kind of music to run to, including Disturbed!
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    These are in my regular run mix. I would think that many of the songs by these same bands would fit the bill.

Bodies - Drowning Pool
    Bonfire - Knife Party
    Six - All That Remains
    Not Alone - All That Remains
    The Final Episode - Asking Alexandria
    Arguing With Thermometers - Enter Shikari
    Aisle - The Bunny the Bear
    I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
    Bonfire - Childish Gambino
    Low - Flo Rida
    The Sound of Truth - As I Lay Dying
    Just Lose It - Eminem
    Fette's Vett - MC Chris
  • mbz0616
    mbz0616 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BigDaddy0825
    Options
    BUMP
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Motley Crue is a must. It gets me going every time.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Gamgnam style!!!!!
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    When I work out, I listen to old school stuff:
    Snoop Dogg
    Warren G
    NWA
    Ice Cube
    2 Live Crew
    Tone Loc

For some reason it makes me smile and I can't help but move with it!
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Korn, Seether, Alice in Chains, Eric Clapton, Billy Talent, Buckcherry, Everclear, Green Day, Linkin Park, Murderdolls, My Chenical Romance, Paramore, Pink, Radiohead, Puddle of Mudd, Slipknot, Smashing Pumpkins, Staind, Static-X, Stone Sour.....just to name of few. Got about 5000 songs to choose from.
  • selinajimenez
    Options
    daft punk and soundgarden are my main ones :P
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The other day I had a great run while listening to red hot chili peppers' stadium arcadium.

If I'm running outside then pandora has a great "alternative endurance training" station. Unfortunately my gym is in a basement and I don't get wifi down there =[
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Sean Paul
    Buju Banton
    Biggy
    Keyshia Cole
    WC
    Nate Dogg
    Offspring

to name a few....
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    My musical tastes are eclectic! I LOVE Trans-Siberian Orchestra, they have rocking tunes, mostly holiday.
    I made a playlist for working in the yard (my therapy and exercise) that consists of Linkin Park " Living Things", Muse "The Resistance", The Who "Quadrophenia", Savatage "Dead Winter Dead" , Guns & Roses "November Rain", and Mazzy Starr "Into Dust".
    That's just my current yard work list. I get bored easily, and will probably mix it up soon. I agree, you need a beat to keep up the energy. :)
    Good luck!
  • ThePartyGoblin
    Options
    I almost hate admitting this, but Korean Pop music is so unrelentingly uptempo that I can't listen to anything else while working out!
    I recommend T-ara, 2ne1, Big Bang, Super Junior, SNSD, BoA (especially her English album) and Hyuna.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Stabbing westward - save yourself
  • mysterycookie
    mysterycookie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I mostly listen to the going quantum podcast:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdzcCzwKGZ4

it's free to download btw!