Social MFP suicide!

Options
13»

Replies

• gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    It's one day. Celebrate, enjoy the day, and don't worry about it.
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would try and fit a good workout in during the day, limit my calorie intake during the day, and then let myself eat (in moderation) what I want at the wedding. When I got home, I would track everything that I ate to the best of my abilities (with obviously a lot of guesswork involved).
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Just go and have fun...it's only one day...get back to the program when it's over...
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about logging it. Here are some suggestions to make the damage not so crazy:
    -Eat lightly up until the wedding and get yourself to the gym in the morning
    -Make small changes, like salad without the dressing, cake without the frosting, ect.
    -Try everything, but don't feel committed to eat all of it. If you don't love it, don't finish it.
    -Have fun on the dance floor
    -Mingle and talk with people. Don't eat out of boredom.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I would recommend trying to one-up your food calories with your alcohol calories. Bonus points if you're double-fisting beers.
    Best advice in the whole thread.
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Champagne is pretty low calories for a glass....Less than a hundred calories....have a few....dance crazy....have a few more and dance a little more crazy....one should cancel the other out! :)

enjoy and have fun. You shouldn't live in a hole because you are trying to eat healthy most of the time. :drinker:
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    - Eat slowly, making sure you savour every bite and have a sip of water after every couple of mouthfuls. When everyone else on your table has stopped eating, you stop too. Also make sure you eat the healthy stuff on your plate first. This way your likely to eat less, especially of the naughty things (make sure you at least have a taste of them though!).

- If you're still keen to log, pretend to be a hipster and take photos of your plate of food to help remember what you've eaten. Or you could nick a menu. Then you can log as best you can...but still make a note that you were at a wedding!

- Don't let your diet stop you from having a good time - remember, you can just work it off the next day (or on the dance floor!)
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Found reading this really helpful

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SueGeer/view/how-to-optimise-your-diet-using-a-cheat-day-446448

Enjoy the wedding, eat what you want (as long as you want it ) and just don't go too crazy.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    Just snack on each plate, definitly don't eat it unless you consider it to be worth the calories. Just go and consider it a cheat day.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Go and enjoy your time with friends and family. Enjoy the meal. It is just one day and you can get back on track tomorrow.