FitBit or BodyFit Media?

Options
2»

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've got the BMF and love it, much more than the fitbit I used to have. Better in depth info better website and I had 6 faulty fitbit in 6 months although I have to say the fitbit competition drove me, but maybe a little too much lol x
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Can anyone suggest other devices. Just done more research and FitBit doesn't seem to be what I'm after. I want to track my calories all day long - my exact calories, not an estimate based on how many steps I've done. I want something that will record my heartrate during all activities. So something that can help me correctly determine my BMR and my TDEE. So I can track calories burned during a weights session as well.

I want something that shows me exactly what I burn on a daily basis so then I can work out my calorie intake from there.
    fit bit does track your calories that you burn through the day

From what I gather that it's only determining that by the steps I do?

I want to make sure the the FitBit picks up on everything I do. As in, I'm a checkout operator, I may not do many steps, but I'm twisting a lot and lifting and bending which will burn more cals than standing completely still, will the fitbit detect this? Also will the fit bit be able to tell what calories I'm buring on exercise equipment such as a Elliptical? How will it tell the different between 15 minutes of walking and 15 minutes on the cross trainer.

I have e a desk job but work rapidly at my desk. I get a much larger amount of calories of bmf..
    I actually increased my cals a little and it's worked. For a desk job bmf hands down x
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Can anyone suggest other devices. Just done more research and FitBit doesn't seem to be what I'm after. I want to track my calories all day long - my exact calories, not an estimate based on how many steps I've done. I want something that will record my heartrate during all activities. So something that can help me correctly determine my BMR and my TDEE. So I can track calories burned during a weights session as well.

I want something that shows me exactly what I burn on a daily basis so then I can work out my calorie intake from there.
    fit bit does track your calories that you burn through the day

From what I gather that it's only determining that by the steps I do?

I want to make sure the the FitBit picks up on everything I do. As in, I'm a checkout operator, I may not do many steps, but I'm twisting a lot and lifting and bending which will burn more cals than standing completely still, will the fitbit detect this? Also will the fit bit be able to tell what calories I'm buring on exercise equipment such as a Elliptical? How will it tell the different between 15 minutes of walking and 15 minutes on the cross trainer.

Yes it will pick all that up. Or you can manually log the activity into fit bit.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill desk and will usually log about 15,000 steps a day. The BMF doesn't pick up all the steps but does indicate a higher TDEE than the Fitbit. Basically the BMF tracks me as moderately active while the Fitbit as lightly active and sice I am losing weight based on the higher number I think the BMF is more accurate. I like the BMF website better too, and that I don't have calories adjusting during the day on MFP from it. Easier to use.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I did alot of research before deciding on the BMF. The subscription is only $7/mo. after the first 3 months, and I consider that to be well worth the accuracy of what I'm getting.

Based on what you're looking for, the BMF is probably the closest thing currently on the market to what you want. I find it to be pretty accurate. It starts you off consuming BMR calories based on your stats, and tracks everything all day long. The band is a little unsightly with dressier clothing, but I usually forget I'm wearing it until someone asks about it. I changed my MFP goals to match BMF and the integration between the two couldn't be easier.

Use the Search feature in the forums, you will find alot of good reviews from users, as well as the fitbit/BMF comparison another poster talked about.