Guys, what weight do you like?

Options
Do guys like skinny? I'm a size 8 and I feel bad about myself. Although my sister says "Bones are for dogs." Personally, what do you men think? :blushing:

Replies

• AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    intelligence, confidence & stability.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but my two cents is I like a weight where I'm comfortable and I feel good.

That whole bones are for dogs comments and men like real women, are absolute crap in my opinion.

I'm losing weight for me... not so that I can go impress every Joe Blow on the street.
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    healthy, happy, and fit. Weight has to be proportional to their height. Emaciated look isn't for me.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Listen to your sister!!!!
  • SafiyaBWG
    SafiyaBWG Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey ! Not a guy, but, personally, I like woment with soft edges and stuff to grab, see what I mean ? Anyway, I'm trying to lose weight, because I don't feel good when I look in the mirror, but, confidence is a great part of a person.
    What I'm trying to say is that a skinny woman with curves is as great as a big woman, as long as it's how they feel good, and how their weight goes on their body. Technically, a flat chest and a lot of fat in the belly is not that attractive, at least to me...
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what guys or anyone else thinks? What weight do YOU like yourself at?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I asked my man this question. He told me that it's not really about weight, but about shape, how she carries it. He agreed that really fat and really skinny are not attractive to most men. Men like womanly, shapely bodies...healthy. Marilyn Monroe is an example of what MOST men find most attractive. Hourglass, looks like she could bear children..not fat..not skinny. Women tend to think that men like women much thinner than they actually do (Some men do like the waif look, but that is not common). There are also men who LOVe really large women.

Anyway..he said hourglass or pear shape is most desirable regardless of weight. Most unattractive being apple shaped or rectangle, as they appear unfeminine to him. So..if a woman is a good BMI...but an apple, she would still be LESS attractive than a woman who is 20 pounds overweight but hourglass. Make sense???
    Your friend told you what HE likes. Every shaped woman seems able to attract some man or another, and it isn't unusual for a man to be attracted after getting to know a woman, regardless of shape.

Size 8 is hardly fat and not too skinny by any means. If you would feel better smaller, then lose weight. But there's no reason to feel bad about yourself. And don't base your weight/size on some arbitrary idea of what "guys" like. They're individuals, just like women are.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    intelligence, confidence & stability.

woot I'm a winner!!!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Ok, the question was about what men like. Ready for the answer. Anything that moves.

Now specifically to weight, most guys are staring at your butt or your boobs. I myself keep a scale in my house disguised as a welcome pad. so for me. 142 is the ideal weight.

Its much more about presentation attitude, I know confidence was mentioned above.
  • keithmustloseweight
    Options
    Although my sister says "Bones are for dogs." Personally, what do you men think? :blushing:

Any woman who says something like "bones are for dogs" is in my mind going to be either a> overweight and bitter about it or b> jealous that they don't get any attention or c> got more baggage than the titanic

Personally, athletic/fit build is hot
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    1. Men like women of all shapes and sizes.
    2. What your sister said is downright insulting and not ok. She needs to know that.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I like 'em round and big, and when I'm throwin' a gig, I just can't help myself I'm actin' like an animal, now here's my scandal....

babygotback.jpg \m/
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    > 5 & < 1000
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    If you feel bad about yourself its up to you to fix that mindset...

.....a random survey of men on MFP is not going to make you accept your body or change for the better .
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Slim athletic build, nice shaped bum and busty.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    All guys like different types.

I just asked my husband, he's a good boy and answered "whatever size you are right now", lol. I'm a size 6, and have a small waist and heavier legs/butt.

If you're no feeling so hot about yourself though, you should work on that. It doesn't really matter what guys think looks good, YOU have to feel good about yourself.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I have an appreciation for the men that answer honestly here. Like it or not, a lot of us ARE doing this to be found attractive by others. Is it about how I feel? Sure. Do I care more about how I feel than about how he feels? No. That's just the truth of it. I'd rather a man told me that I'm unattractive to him because of my weight than lie to me about it and just find me undesirable. I'm a realist, I want the truth no matter how painful it may be.

Like one of the women said earlier, all men are attractive to different things and types. Some men like very skinny, some men like very heavy, some mean like athletic, some men like soft....you're going to have to find a weight/build that YOU like, and go from there. You are not going to be able to please everyone...
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Although my sister says "Bones are for dogs." Personally, what do you men think? :blushing:

Any woman who says something like "bones are for dogs" is in my mind going to be either a> overweight and bitter about it or b> jealous that they don't get any attention or c> got more baggage than the titanic

Personally, athletic/fit build is hot
    Kaching.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    i honestly think i only ever liked one really thin girl.