Are they right ???

Options
13»

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    That depends...161 is still overweight for 5' 7" but not if you have alot of muscle...then 161 might be perfect.

You are a little over, but muscle does way a lot more than fat and I don't think any calculator can really add that in to give you an ideal weight.

If you feel you need to lose a couple more, try. If you realize you reach that goal and you need to keep going down, then maybe you should reevaluate. I know one of my biggest fears is not knowing when to stop and move to maintanence.
  • ManEnMotion
    ManEnMotion Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Go see your doctor. Your friends might be concerned because you dropped the weight quickly.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Thankyou guys I just got abit down with them telling me that an I d want to lose an extra 14lbs I do t want to be skinny I wanna still have a lil bit of junk in my trunk hehhe they were making me think like I was getting an eatin disorder and I started to beleive it and beleved I was thinking I was fat an I looked sickly thin like my mind was playing tricks n me hahah thanks for all your honest opinions I appciate them so much I wouldn't get we're I am an were I'm gonna be without you lot xxx
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 161 is still too heavy for me. I'd like to be at around 145, but it all depends on my body comp. It's not about the scale, just bodyfat % or whatever makes me smile at my reflection.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 161 is still too heavy for me. I'd like to be at around 145, but it all depends on my body comp. It's not about the scale, just bodyfat % or whatever makes me smile at my reflection.

When I was 147 I looked Sicily thin and I hated it so I don't want to go back to that I had no boobs or no bum and very very thin face and sticky out collar bones so that's why I want to be 154lb and see what I look like then my body's completely diffrent now iv had my daughter my belly is ruined xxx
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

When I was 147 I looked Sicily thin and I hated it so I don't want to go back to that I had no boobs or no bum and very very thin face and sticky out collar bones so that's why I want to be 154lb and see what I look like then my body's completely diffrent now iv had my daughter my belly is ruined xxx

Heavy strength training will help you make sure you keep a nice firm bum and legs. It's not always about the number on the scale. Body composition (the amount of muscle and fat you are carrying proportional to your body weight and height), makes a huge difference.
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I say continue to work towards your goal in a healthy way and let your family know that it hurts your feelings when they say you look "sick". When people say things like that I wonder if they would tell an overweight person that they look "sick"? It's hurtful and works both ways and I don't think a lot of people see that.

I think you are aiming for a totally reasonable goal! Good luck :smile:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    You look lovely! Your BMI may be overweight, but from your pictures you look pretty solid. If you'd like to lose more weight, I don't think it would be unhealthy to do so. I wouldn't worry about what your friends say.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Just for comparison, I'm 5'11 and 147. I lift 4 days a week and do 2 days of cardio. I'm medium framed, hourglass shaped (34-27-38). I think if you are 161 and 5'7 you could afford to lose 10-20 pounds and not be "too thin". I've had some people make comments about my weight but once they got used to me being 40+ pounds less the comments stopped. They realized this was where I want to me. Since you don't lose weight for others, I think you need to find a weight YOU are happy with....
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Your best way to know is find out your body fat percentage. Then you could know if it's a good idea to work on lowering it, or not.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options

Just goes to show you how different we all can be. I used to weigh 138 and I was perfect, although could have used some weight training.
    And BTW, I'm sure you have a beautiful mommy body, not to worry about the tummy:)
  • belben22
    Options
    I think pretty much anyone who loses a lot of weight will meet this along the way...Other people see you as getting skinny when you are really just getting healthy...I am 165cm and started getting told to "not lose any more weight" when I was around 75kilo's (down from 105kilos) and it rattled me for a little while too. You just have to switch off and keep going, family and friends get used to seeing you at your current (and shrinking) weight and cut it out, usually at some point they even chime in with a "Wow, you look great"

Keep going til you hit your happy place, it's your body so you worry about it and just nod gently when fam and friends comment but just let it slide right out the other side :) xx