do i have to eat fruit & veggies?

Options
I know I should because they're healthy but I'm not crazy about them and don't like too cook either. My goal is just weight loss so is it ok if I just eat low calorie?

Replies

• notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    No. I eat what I want, and I still lose weight. I eat fruit and veggies when I want, but it is not that vital. Just keep your calorie count in check, try to get a good balance of carbs to sugars to fats and you will be fine.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on whether your goal is to just get thin or to get thin and live a long time to enjoy how great you look. Anyone can easily learn to prepare tasty vegetables. And fruit is easy. Mostly no prep at all. Your body will thank you.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on whether your goal is to just get thin or to get thin and live a long time to enjoy how great you look. Anyone can easily learn to prepare tasty vegetables. And fruit is easy. Mostly no prep at all. Your body will thank you.

^ This.
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    Depends do you want to be skinny or healthy? Healthy people eat fruits and vegetables.
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Its all calorie deficit. Embrace cooking though.. it really is key to a healthy lifestyle.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Surely there are some veggies out there that you like. There are sooooo many. Keep tasting new things and you might surprise yourself.
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You'll still lose weight without them but you'll find fruits/veg have less calories than most other foods.. so you'll ideally be getting more food for less calories and they also have essential vitamins and minerals your body needs.
    There's gotta be some kind of fruit/veg you like! Just try incorporating some fruit and veggies into what you'd usually eat (they're really not that bad!) and I promise you you'll feel more energetic and alive!
  • chelseabuns88
    chelseabuns88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to eat anything specific.. but it's beneficial to you if you do! Also, bulking up your meals with veggies makes them more filling for less calories =)

There has to be some kind of veg you like, if you just give them a try you'll find something..

I have no idea how much weight you have to lose, but I know it wont stay off in you're just looking for the quick fix, good luck!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Technically you don't have to, but it's a bad long term plan. Just find stuff you like.
  • eatathome
    eatathome Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's part of being a grown-*kitten* adult.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    ill leave the veggies part alone but why would you not want to eat fruit. its sugary and delicious
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    You'll still lose weight without them but you'll find fruits/veg have less calories than most other foods.. so you'll ideally be getting more food for less calories and they also have essential vitamins and minerals your body needs.
    There's gotta be some kind of fruit/veg you like! Just try incorporating some fruit and veggies into what you'd usually eat (they're really not that bad!) and I promise you you'll feel more energetic and alive!

yep. I find that I get full on a lot less calories when I make it a point to eat vegetables. I don't love them either, but if you combine them with food you do love, it makes it better.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    You could eat nothing but granulated sugar and butter and as long as you were within your calorie goal you'd lose weight ( though you'd probably get sick please don't try that).
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    One thing at a time... start with low cal and you might start to want to eat healthier too... at which point you might be more motivated to find veggies that you like, and experiment with ways to cook them that make them taste good to you. Stranger things have happened ;-) It's worth a shot, for sure.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it's a must for me.. i like being regularly and not having poos that are hard as cement
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's part of being a grown-*kitten* adult.

This
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    You could go without it, but I highly suggest you reassess your goals to include learning better eating habits. Cooking for yourself and eating nutritious quality foods go hand in hand with the tools needed to manage your health and wellness for life.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Well, what are you going to eat?

I'm just asking because veggies make up about half of what I eat
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Red Apples
    Blood Oranges
    Cherries
    Cranberries
    Red Grapes
    Pink/Red Grapefruit
    Red Pears
    Pomegranates
    Raspberries
    Strawberries
    Watermelon Beets
    Red Peppers
    Radishes
    Radicchio
    Red Onions
    Red Potatoes
    Rhubarb
    Tomatoes

Yellow Apples
    Apricots
    Cape Gooseberries
    Cantaloupe
    Yellow Figs
    Grapefruit
    Golden Kiwifruit
    Lemons
    Mangoes
    Nectarines
    Oranges
    Papayas
    Peaches
    Yellow Pears
    Persimmons
    Pineapples
    Tangerines
    Yellow Watermelon Yellow Beets
    Butternut Squash
    Carrots
    Yellow Peppers
    Yellow Potatoes
    Pumpkin
    Rutabagas
    Yellow Summer Squash
    Sweet Corn
    Sweet Potatoes
    Yellow Tomatoes
    Yellow Winter Squash

Bananas
    Dates
    White Nectarines
    White Peaches
    Brown Pears Cauliflower
    Garlic
    Ginger
    Jerusalem Artichokes
    Jicama
    Kohlrabi
    Mushrooms
    Onions
    Parsnips
    Potatoes (White Fleshed)
    Shallots
    Turnips
    White Corn

Avocados
    Green Apples
    Green Grapes
    Honeydew
    Kiwifruit
    Limes
    Green Peas Artichokes
    Arugula
    Asparagus
    Broccoflower
    Broccoli
    Broccoli Rabe
    Brussels Sprouts
    Chinese Cabbage
    Green Beans
    Green Cabbage
    Celery
    Chayote Squash
    Cucumbers
    Endive
    Leafy Greens
    Leeks
    Lettuce
    Green Onions
    Okra
    Peas
    Green Peppers
    Snow Peas
    Spinach
    Sugar Snap Peas
    Watercress
    Zucchini

Blackberries
    Blueberries
    Black Currants
    Concord Grapes
    Dried Plums
    Elderberries
    Grape Juice (100%)
    Purple Figs
    Purple Grapes
    Plums
    Raisins Black Olives
    Purple Asparagus
    Purple Cabbage
    Purple Carrots
    Eggplant
    Purple Belgian Endive
    Purple Peppers
    Potatoes (purple fleshed)
    Black Salsify

See if you can possibly eat any of these!! Someone else posted these on another thread and I saved it.
  • tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much fruit. But I eat a lot of veg. If you make them taste good, you can eat a LOT for few calories and they fill you up. My latest all time favorite is brussel sprouts sauteed in a little olive oil. One slice of bacon chopped to give it some smoky salty flavor (only 35 calories). Then right at the end of cooking a splash of red pepper sauce for a dash of heat. It is SO DELICIOUS! Almost a dessert!