Worst. NSV. Ever.

Options
BurtHuttz
BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
This weekend I was out and about and my wedding band slipped off my finger completely imperceptibly. I looked everywhere, but to no avail, lost and gone.

So, on the one hand, yay! I've lost so much weight that my ring size has changed.

On the other hand, I lost my single most important possession. Being thin doesn't solve every problem.

Replies

• Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Heartbreaking indeed.

This is one of my worst fears - to lose my wedding/engagement/anniversary trio set and my family ring.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    That reminds me, I need to get mine resized before I lose it.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    My hubby's ring is HUGE on him now, too. when we got married, his size 13 ring just barely fit him, and when we had him measured a few months ago he was a size 10.5. We'll be heading to Kays this week to have it swapped out for a smaller size!! He's having a hard enough time switching rings.... he says this is the one I gave him, so he doesn't want a new one, but unfortunately they can't resize tungsten, so he needs a new one (swap out is only $30 as opposed to ordering a whole new one at $500 to be able to keep his original). I can't imagine losing it, so sorry to hear, but congrats on the weight loss!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My husband's ring is at the bottom of a local lake LOL. He had lost weight too and wore it in the water...
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I am sorry!
    I hope it turns out you lost it in the house and you'll be able to find it again.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    That reminds me, I need to get mine resized before I lose it.

This ^^ Any jewelry store can easily and quickly resize rings. If you take to the store where it was purchased, they'll likely do it for free. And in the meantime, wrap some yarn or something around it to tighten it up.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. I know someone who lost her husband's wedding ring. He had just died in the war, and she had been wearing it everyday since. She lost it in the airport. Put it in all the news outlets, hoping to find it. She never did... but, that is an idea. Maybe you can put something in your local paper about it.

Again, I'm sorry to hear this.
  • happypath101
    Options
    It's a symbol of the love and comittment. Both are still there. And, most likely, because of your comittment to health, you'll be there for a lot longer too. I'm sure your wife would much rather have you without the original ring than the alternative. Take care! :o)
  • Ivyvine07
    Options
    For about $5.00 per ring you can have a temporary sizer put on your ring until you hit goal! :) It can be adjusted throughout your weightloss. I almost had the same thing happen, then my daughter told me about these sizers. catastrophe averted!!!
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes no doubt loosing your sentimental wedding band is heart-breaking.

Maybe consider you and the wife going together to get a new one and at the same time get her a new wedding band. Then do a special romantic over the top recommitment ceremony with just the two of you - this may lessen the loss of the 1st one and I bet this goes over well :)

Its all in what you make of it.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Oh no!! I'd be so upset if I lost my wedding band. :sad:
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Men sure lose their wedding rings alot hmmm strange
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the pounds lost! Sorry about the ring though...=( I've had mine re-sized once(and may need to again), I was so afraid to lose them.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    This weekend I was out and about and my wedding band slipped off my finger completely imperceptibly. I looked everywhere, but to no avail, lost and gone.

So, on the one hand, yay! I've lost so much weight that my ring size has changed.

On the other hand, I lost my single most important possession. Being thin doesn't solve every problem.

Ugh! That bites. Maybe it's time to update both your rings? Since you're pretty much a brand new person ;)
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    It's a symbol of the love and comittment. Both are still there. And, most likely, because of your comittment to health, you'll be there for a lot longer too. I'm sure your wife would much rather have you without the original ring than the alternative. Take care! :o)

Very true....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm happy and sad for you.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you will get another. I recently had mine resized so I could wear them again, and had to have them both made smaller than the original increase when I went to pick them up. I wonder if I'll ever get them back down to their original sizes.
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oh no! This is one of my worst fears. I intentionally got my ring 1 size too small so theres no way it can fall off! Since Ive been losing weight, its starting to loosen up though and I always check to make sure its there. Sorry to hear that! Maybe check your pants/coat pockets? Were you wearing gloves? Maybe its in a pair of gloves...
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sucktown. My husband's ring went down the drain in the spa bathroom on our honeymoon, but he and the other guys in the bathroom took apart the sink as they were all newlyweds and feared telling their wives.Haha.

Do you have home owners or renters insurance? There's almost always built in jewelry coverage - mine has up to $5000. I would check before you go spend a fortune on another ring.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the sympathy guys. I mentally noted it was getting loose the first time it slipped off when I was washing my hands. I said "man, really need to get that taken care of."

Don't put it off!!!!!!

Melyanna - - I'm still holding out a little hope that that might be the case, or that it turns up in the car. But I just have a gut feeling it's well and truly gone.
    Meh, wife said she'd come with me to pick out a new one, so maybe we can get something ridiculous http://www.etsy.com/listing/55265718/sterling-silver-hammered-meditation-band?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=hammered+ring+spinner+silver&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=6&ga_search_type=all
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!