Worst. NSV. Ever.

Options

Replies

• MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    awww that sucks :( i keep saying i should get mine resized and keep putting it off. maybe ill bring it in today. so sorry to hear it, but congrats on ur body transformation, u look great!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    That sucks!! Hopefully your wife understands, and you can get a new one that fits :)
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    :( I hope it turns up!
  • mermer315
    mermer315 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's a symbol of the love and comittment. Both are still there. And, most likely, because of your comittment to health, you'll be there for a lot longer too. I'm sure your wife would much rather have you without the original ring than the alternative. Take care! :o)

This!

I lost both my engagement and wedding ring. I was devastated! However mine was because I was 38 weeks pregnant, a big fat fatty and we moved. It got lost somewhere along the way. ( I still maintain that the movers stole them. :brokenheart: )
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    sh!tty
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    So sorry. Just happened to my husband. He moved his hand and his ring went flying across the room. Fortunately he was able to find his but now we have to send it out to be sized, not an easy task with a puzzle ring. So happy for the weight loss though. Hopefully it will turn up.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Don't give up hope yet! I lost mine a little over a year ago for the same reason and out of the blue I found in the least likely place that I never thought of looking! It did fall off, but thankfully it was in our bathroom.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm happy and sad for you.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg2-p2zwVNDowUz_KFFBoCfE75t2GuwyAqVf8svxB-ysaWM2IpWaUQuimr

:drinker: :heart:
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I lost my first one on the honeymoon. Got a replacement, but don't wear it anyway anymore.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    im sorry but lol. Congratulations on ur weight loss and i hope ur wife understands. :)
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I've lost mine twice now but thankfully it was found both times. I lost it at work and found it within an hour. I lost it at home and it turned up about a month later. Keep looking...you never know!

Note to self: Stop putting off getting wedding ring resized or at least buy a ring guard.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My husband has lost 3 rings in our 17 years of marriage. Im so sorry.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have already lost one ring, and almost lost my wedding rings at a high school football game last week. I threw my hands up in the air and my rings went flying off, bounced off of the back of someone sitting in front of me, and bounced back down on the bleachers. Thankfully when I screamed, everone started looking and a lady sitting 3 people down found my engagement ring and my wedding band was right behind the lady whose back they bounced off of. Thank goodness they didn't go under the bleachers.

Ring Snugglets, available at Wal Mart for around $3.00.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Polish-Matte-Finish-Tungsten-Wedding/dp/B002EBHD8K/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Can't beat a $20 tungsten ring. I'd suggest treating yourself to something similar rather than a new more expensive ring. :)
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    So sorry you lost your band. Been there, done exactly that and it sucked.

Got a new wedding band and a healthier life. On balance a win. But I still miss my original band.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My husband lost his ring for a while and it turns out it was in his gardening glove. Did you wear gloves at all over the weekend?

I hope it turns up - but while having the original is nice, the new ring will still grow to symbolize all that the old ring did. And it will fit!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    First, I feel for you. That is a horrible feeling. :( I lost a diamond out of my band and it felt like I had a hole in my heart. :(

Secondly, if anyone is not ready to get loose rings sized, a good jeweler can put in a ring guard. It is worth it. Ask any decent local jeweler about having one put in. They are a temporary fix, allowing you to put off sizing until you reach your goal weight.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Wow sorry I hope you find it when you least expect it.
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what happened to me.... and I haven't found mine yet either.
    My wife just laughed, saying I should have had it sized earlier, but the one I was wearing was a backup ring anyhow, due to me being pretty hard on jewelry. So we had the original resized.
    Sorry for the loss of that ring, I know what it means!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!