What's your small NSV

Options

Replies

• dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    im going to need a new belt for my jeans...my old one is on the first hole, no where to go but a size down!
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a pair of size 14 jeans. Havent been this size since I was 10yrs old.

Congrats!!!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have completely changed my diet. I'm eating lots of greens and veggies; learned how to bake in healthier ways; and am drinking a ton of water. This has also motivated me so I haven't had had alcohol in 11 months!
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    This is gonna sound weird but my eyebrows are looking a lot more balanced now that my face is slimming down. I have a naturally big face so it's something I struggled with while over-weight... Now that it's looking less poofy my features are becoming a lot more defined!! That's something the scale could never give me.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I have completely changed my diet. I'm eating lots of greens and veggies; learned how to bake in healthier ways; and am drinking a ton of water. This has also motivated me so I haven't had had alcohol in 11 months!

Awesome!

The best part is learning how to ENJOY eating healthy food :)
  • GrannySparkle
    Options
    im going to need a new belt for my jeans...my old one is on the first hole, no where to go but a size down!

Sweet!!! I
  • GrannySparkle
    Options

Congrats!! Alcohol is usually high in calories...and can make you crave the sweets. job well done
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Most recent NSV for me was moving the drivers seat up a couple inches or so in my truck. I guess I've lost a bit in the caboose!
  • tnhorrach
    Options
    I tried on a pair of size 12 jeans this weekend in a store "just to see" and they fit! I started in tight 16s (probably should have been 18s, lol). I'm wearing my size medium tops again and even my rings are getting big on my fingers...BUT the best one is that people at work and even family I saw over the holiday have called me "Ms Skinny"...loving it!
  • GrannySparkle
    Options
    This is gonna sound weird but my eyebrows are looking a lot more balanced now that my face is slimming down. I have a naturally big face so it's something I struggled with while over-weight... Now that it's looking less poofy my features are becoming a lot more defined!! That's something the scale could never give me.

Wow!!! Good deal!!
  • StoutGirl09
    StoutGirl09 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend told me when he hugs me I feel skinner around the waist!
  • GrannySparkle
    Options
    Most recent NSV for me was moving the drivers seat up a couple inches or so in my truck. I guess I've lost a bit in the caboose!

Cool!!!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I not only stayed within my calorie goal every day this past thanksgiving weekend but I lost another pound!! woo hoo!!
  • GrannySparkle
    Options
    I tried on a pair of size 12 jeans this weekend in a store "just to see" and they fit! I started in tight 16s (probably should have been 18s, lol). I'm wearing my size medium tops again and even my rings are getting big on my fingers...BUT the best one is that people at work and even family I saw over the holiday have called me "Ms Skinny"...loving it!

Congrats, Ms Skinny!!
  • Preciouskristin
    Preciouskristin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I went Black Friday shoppin & usually hate buying clothes for myself (I refused to buy bigger clothes since the beginning of the year). But I desperately needed new clothes LOL. I was in the dressing room tryin on jeans, I lost two sizes in my waist! I tried on sweaters in XXL they were too big, XL was still too big, I bought a Medium & it fit perfect! & Im not fighting myself to squeeze into them Lmao

Isn't that so exciting! I bought Medium shirts on Black Friday as well! When I tried on the size 8 jeans and was able to wear them, I was ecstatic! (That made 4 jean sizes I've dropped) Only 14 more pounds to go. . .gotta survive birthdays, Christmas, Christmas parties, and New Year's celebrations to get this weight gone!!!
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Two I'm proud of. One, I'm now sitting nicely in the third belt hole, and I can fit neatly in several old suits.

Two, I have mapped out a 5k around my house (3.1 miles). Understand that running is not my thing. Sometimes I have to look behind me and am amazed I'm not pulling a truck tire. I've been running this same route for about two months. At first I couldn't run 4 straight minutes. Then I ran 12 minutes. Then I gutted it out and ran the 5k straight through. On Sunday I ran my personal best on that route, 29m11s. Thats under 10 minutes per mile.

I'm very proud of my discipline and effort. And even though my wife doesn't provide much positive feedback, and my coworkers dont see my progress - and yes this hurts and dissapoints - but I KNOW I'M BETTER.
  • GrannySparkle
    Options
    My boyfriend told me when he hugs me I feel skinner around the waist!

Congrats. I noticed I stand closer to my hubby when I hug him. :)
  • fjc1968
    Options
    Tried on a hoodie at the weekend, the small adults was massive, I ended up buying the extra large juniors, which was a perfect fit. It's not as if I'm tiny, I'm a size 12 UK, down from a tight 18
  • GrannySparkle
    Options
    I not only stayed within my calorie goal every day this past thanksgiving weekend but I lost another pound!! woo hoo!!

Major victory
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My next NSV will be living my new lifestyle during the holidays and not take an entire month off as a special occasion.

Totally agree with this. Last year was the first year in my life I've not said "Screw it" between Thanksgiving and Christmas and gained 5-7 lbs or more. This will be the second year. Its very fulfilling to go into the New Year where you should be and not lugging an extra ten that you just gained.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!