metabolism boosting pills??

Options
i know there are no magic pills out there, but i keep thinking about getting some kind of pill to boost my metabolism or something. i'd still exercise 6x a week and eat healthy, but just as an extra boost. bad idea?

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    They are pretty much a waste of money, and if you are't careful they can actually slow down your weight loss/muscle gain in the long term.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Have some caffine - black coffee or tea could help but I heard the pills are a big waste of $$$$
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Waste of money! Just eat healthy, stay in calorie goal, get enough protein, lift weights, do some cardio...recipe for success!
  • jessieg515
    jessieg515 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yeah i know you guys are all right. i guess i'm just getting a little impatient and want my loss to speed up!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind, slow and steady wins the race. The faster you lose it, generally the harder it is to keep it off. Have patience and you'll do great.
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Drink tuna juice. This has been proven to speed up your metabolism.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Try to think of this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. You didn't gain that weight overnight, you aren't going to lose it quickly, either. At least not if you want it to stay off.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Tuna juice?? How the heck do you juice fish?
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

I just threw up a little :sick:
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options

It will blend.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Sounds dangerous. Most of those contain ingredients like green coffee beans, coffee and maybe fish oil - source unknown, all of which are reasonably non-threatening taken as is. You are likely to endanger yourself if they use native herbs and ingredients which aren't tested/researched enough, where you might injure your liver or kidneys. Or worse if they contain Ephedra and like ingredients These aren't worth the risk.

I would veer towards the recommendations posted by the other members and maybe spend an hour in the steam room for the metabolic boost. There are affordable models out there for one person which you could have installed in your bathroom. :)
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Juice from the can.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Save your money and use it on something useful instead.
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    Try Carb Cycling???
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I had a chance to do a 30 day free trial of the raspberry ketone pills. My grade on them is: FAIL

So glad I didn't pay for them!
  • nessie84
    Options
    Hey I am glad you asked this because I think about doing this from time to time! =) There are some great pointers on this thread. I hope you are having a great day everyone!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Bad idea. If you must, go with a regular caffeine pill and spend the other $40 a month you saved on a gym membership, or a session with a trainer, or some new gear, or a box of quest bars, or a new pair of headphones, or a couple new albums to rock out to, or a new workout DVD, or a dinner out, or a couple margaritas! Pretty much anything else would be a better way to spend the $$.
  • rockerbaby2003
    rockerbaby2003 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a friend taking them and she was losing weight super fast, made me jealous and considered the same pills, at $45 a bottle! However, she is currently in the hospital for dehydration, kidney problems, and bladder infection. She was just taking those pills and eating meal replacements and exercising like 8 hours a day. Lesson learned, do everything in moderation!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    There are several real chemicals that do this. However, they all have secondary risk like heart attacks, addiction and death.
    Don't ever go there.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    There's cayenne pepper pills. Literally just ground cayenne pepper in clear gelatin capsules taken three times a day. Supposedly for boosting metabolism, but seriously, how are you supposed to even measure the results on your own?