Options
    bump
  • Oops25
    Oops25 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    Okay, someone already posted this, but now I can't find it..I wanted to give them credit!
    I made this yesterday..put it in the crockpot in the morning and had it after work...really delicious and easy! My neighbor had some and said it's the best thing I've ever made....here it is..

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 lb boneless skinless chicken
    2 10 oz can enchilada sauce
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can diced tomatoes w/ green chilis
    1 can drained black beans
    1 bag frozen mixed stir fry veggies
    1 bag frozen peppers & onions
    3 minced cloves garlic
    2 boxes chicken broth
    2 tsp cumin
    2 tsp chili powder
    2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1 bay leaf
    1 tbsp chopped cilantro

Throw everything in crock pot. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours. Shred chicken. Top with crushed baked tostitos and reduced fat mexican blend cheese. Enjoy!
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Greek style lemon chicken rice soup

12 cups no salt added chicken broth (campbell's)
    6 skinless Chicken drumsticks frozen (it was what I had available. Can use 3 whole chicken breasts too)
    1/2 cup lemon juice
    1 cup rice (uncooked) (any rice will do. I used jasmine rice)
    10 cloves garlic
    1/4 cup Corn flour or any other flour (for thickening)
    a handful of fresh dill for seasoning
    sprig of rosemary for seasoning
    salt
    pepper

Add the broth, chicken, lemon juice, garlic, dill,salt and rosemary to the crockpot. Leave on high for 3 hours (after about an hour, remove and discard the rosemary to avoid over seasoning). After 3 hours, if you use drumsticks like I did, take the chicken out and separate bone from meat, shred the meat with a fork and throw it back into the crockpot. Add the rice. Leave it on high for 35 minutes and switch it off. Even if the rice is slightly undercooked, its alright. It will cook because the crockpot contents are still very hot. Make a smooth and slightly watery paste with the corn flour and add to the crockpot while constantly stirring. Sprinkle some pepper and adjust salt if needed.

Makes about 13 servings of 1 cup each
    1 cup = 118 calories
  • sgha58
    sgha58 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump