Weight Loss Surgery?

Options
13»

Replies

• RachieVoll
    Options
    Hi, I am Rachel. I took the first steps towards a new life today. I attended the orientation class for WLS. I met some great women and men today who are about to go through this life journey. I am truly excited and can't wait to get through the requirements to be able to get this new path on the road. I have tried so many other options for diet and exercise, with short term achievements only to have those changes go away quickly even while still on the diet. I am ready to get my life back and to make these changes so that I can live a better healthier lifestyle.
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had RNY Sept. '12 and don't regret one single second of it despite the fact that it is a daily struggle to not put the weight back on. Like many people who have had weight loss surgery, it isn't just about eating less and exercising more. I had always been a little on the heavy side but saw my weight balloon a number of years ago after developing mental and physical health problems. Not only was my deit and exercise program thrown off balance but much of the weight was due to all the different medications I had to be on. I was actually told by a doctor that no amount of eating right and exercising would take off the med. weight.

The bottom line is that you have to do what is/feels right for you and no one else should judge you for your chosen weight loss path.