Eggs! Love Em' or Hate Em?

Options
Compact, inexpensive, relatively low in calories, high in protein, and B vitamins. Easy to make and tastes delicious.

OR...

High in cholesterol, leads to heart disease, and cruel to chickens. Horrible tasting.

??????????????

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    The former, all the way. Makes for a great, cheap dinner, too. Goes great on pasta, in stir-fries, tuna salad. So much you can do with an egg.

Studies have shown dietary cholesterol doesn't lead to high cholesterol levels. As for being cruel to chickens... if possible, get your eggs from a farmer's market. They will be 10x tastier, no cruelty to the animals, and will contain more vitamins and omega 3's.
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    SO GOOD! I eat them every day.
  • lisab0864
    Options
    LOVE THEM and eat them everyday!!
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have backyard chickens. Eggs are delicious. Better than the chickens, to be honest.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Gross, gross, gross. I wish I liked them
  • Mac_X
    Mac_X Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I will pick steak and eggs for a meal any time they are available. One of my true weaknesses. Eggs are fantastical!
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    LOVE EGGS :)
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    They're alright... I'll eat them once, maybe twice a week (with lots of ketchup... I know, bad me).
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Love em and eat a lot of them. 2 doz a week or so. My total cholesterol last month was 122.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Eggs are a perfect food.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have eggs everyday <3 them! I eat the whole egg once a week and egg whites everyday-easy way to make an omellete and overfill it with veggies :)
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    1282052139285.jpg
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I used to love them and ate them all the time.
    Now I'm sick of it. So I won't eat it.
    Maybe I'll be over it soon lol
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I go through at least two dozen per week. They're the secret to weight loss!!! Clearly.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have backyard chickens. Eggs are delicious. Better than the chickens, to be honest.

THIS^^^

I have 5 chickens in the back yard. There is no comparison. The eggs I eat are usually no more than 5 days out of the nesting box. I collect them when they are still warm. My chickens get to free range in the yard during daylight hours, they get regular treats of fresh or frozen veggies.
  • lrose50
    lrose50 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Love eggs - to keep cholesterol down I buy the Egg Creations (egg whites) in the carton. Easy to measure and log here. Less calories too.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I love em. Straight from the coop! I have a colleague here are work who has a free range coop and he brings them in for me. Usually layed the same day. Best eggs I have ever eaten.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Love them........ OO=====D
  • stl_nana
    stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Love em !!! :tongue: