Eggs! Love Em' or Hate Em?

Options

Replies

• jessica0danielle
    jessica0danielle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i HATE eggs with a passion. i hate EVERYTHING about them. i havent ate eggs in 10 years, i also hate milk lol
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    <3 egg whites <3
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    My huevos? Who wouldn't love them?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like them once in a while, but they aren't a favorite food. They make me feel queasy if I eat them too soon after waking though.
  • kels67camaro
    Options
    Hate em!
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Compact, inexpensive, relatively low in calories, high in protein, and B vitamins. Easy to make and tastes delicious.

OR...

High in cholesterol, leads to heart disease, and cruel to chickens. Horrible tasting.

??????????????

love em. I love egg whites scrambles for low cal breakfast burritos!!!!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    No brainer. Excellent for you. Shouldn't even be up for discussion.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I really only like them scrambled!

I know they are as healthy as can be, and full of protein and all that good stuff. I have no qualms with them, except that I don't like the texture of a hard boiled egg. I just can't get over it!

Maybe someday I'll acquire the taste!
  • melmckay99
    Options
    Love em. I just had a hard-boiled egg with my salad for lunch! yuummm it was the best part.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them every day, but I do have them once in a while.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    The perfect health food!

Once you try true pastured eggs you will never go back to store bought. They are amazing!
    Pastured eggs from chickens eating their natural diet (bugs, worms, and insects) have these dark orange yolks. The darker the yolk the more nutrition. Pastured eggs also have nice hard shells. The sign of a good egg. A 100% vegatarian diet (i.e. grain diet, not vegetables) is not a natural for a chicken. And cage-free can mean they have access to a concrete pad. Sad.

Look at the yolk color in store bought eggs. Even Eggland's. They are pale yellow. Thin shells. They even taste worse.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I think eggs are disgusting unless they're an ingredient in something larger (like cake!).

I think they smell bad and taste bad. In fact, I don't think anything kicks my gag reflex harder than the smell and appearance of a hard-boiled egg.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    LOVe em!! Two boiled eggs in the morning :) nomnom
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Gonna go home and make some for lunch. Nom. One of our students has a bunch of backyard chickens and sells eggs for $3 a carton. He's bringing me a new dozen tomorrow, so it's time to eat 'em up! Ironically, my dad is pretty severely allergic to eggs (they're okay in small doses if included in a recipe, but he starts to get itchy if the proportion is anything over like 2-3 eggs in a whole cake), but he always made eggs for my brother and me when we were kids.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan, but I eat them because they are low in calories, high in protein and they are perfect on the weekends when I don't eat on a regular schedule, I usually eat a late breakfast and no lunch.
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Sometimes eat four a day - no cholesterol problems here. My Grandma had cholesterol problems and she never ate eggs. Go figure.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Love my huevos.
  • a_better_me_for_me
    Options
    Love em!
  • kassandracat
    kassandracat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I loved eggs till I did the atkins diet a few ears ago. That pretty uch ruined them for me, I get nauseous even looking at them now lol.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    We get them fresh from our neighbor and I eat 3 whites every morning. I have some Eggies thingies (as seen on TV aisle)
    and make hard boiled egg whites for a snack several times a week.