Pear shaped women looking to loose just a few?

Options
13»

Replies

• megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm a pear too! I'm 5'5 and 113, I've lost about 8-7 pounds and now I'm working on getting in better shape.. I think what makes it better is strength training, especially squats and lunges. My thighs and butt look much better now than when I started.

THIS! She's right on target. The key is in working those glutes and quads, at least for me. At 49 years old (I've had this pear-shaped body for a looong time), I am surprised by how much less bulk I seem to have in my thighs now that I've started strength training.

Oh, and as far as soup goes, watch the sodium. Most canned soups will give you a full day's allotment of salt in a single can -- ack! A good alternative is tea, especially if you find some herbal blends that you like. Nothing warms me up like a hot beverage -- holding the cup warms my hands and drinking it takes the chill off my bones. :drinker:
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    So I'm a bit confused, can someone explain to me how the muscle helps make it smaller? Right now I'm just thinking that muscle is tacked onto the leg. So if your leg is A, and muscle is ( ), then the overall effect of the added muscle will be (A) and thus bigger. Does the muscle work as spandex or something to make the thighs smaller?
  • squashyhelen
    Options
    Hey Ladies, happy Sunday! Have you guys ever noticed that you tend to sweat up top but never on the bottom? I went to zumba today (what a great workout), and noticed that I completely drenched my top but that the hips on down is completely dry. I'm just speculating on this - do any of you think that's why we never lose weight down bottom?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite body transformations i've recently found on bodybuilding.com

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/maria-shed-30-lbs-and-competed-in-figure.html
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm a pear too! I'm 5'5 and 113, I've lost about 8-7 pounds and now I'm working on getting in better shape.. I think what makes it better is strength training, especially squats and lunges. My thighs and butt look much better now than when I started.

We're body twins!!
  • wrkout2bfit
    wrkout2bfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Another pear here! I've been up and down over the years, even when I'm down, I still have those thunder thighs and big bottom. I run, but I just don't seem to lose anything.
  • squashyhelen
    Options
    wow, that woman is amazing.
    one of my favorite body transformations i've recently found on bodybuilding.com

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/maria-shed-30-lbs-and-competed-in-figure.html
  • squashyhelen
    Options
    Do you ladies have a pear shaped thinspirational celebrity who you're dying to look like? I'm searching for realistic thinspirations!
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Shakira is probably the most inspirational for me. She is pear shaped with the most amazing booty ever and a tiny stomach. Beyonce is a good one as well.
  • Ashleyyyb93
    Options
    I have big "thunder thighs" and a big bum. Add me if you like :) I'll support you!! x x