Peanut Butter

2»

Replies

• Maximus0005
    Maximus0005 Posts: 85 Member
    The sweetened peanut spread (aka fake peanut butter) is not good for you- like the traditional formulas of Skippy, Jif, etc. They are loaded with extra oils, sugars, etc.

Good ol' natural peanut butter is loaded in healthy fats. I wouldn't eat peanut butter that contains more than two ingredients: peanuts and salt.

I second this 1000%
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    i LOVE crunchy peanut butter .. i tend to eat almond butter more though but will indulge in either or.. a crunchy peanut butter or almond butter and whole fruit jam sandwich is the best dessert going
  • Interested to read what people have to say about this. I recently had an argument with somebody about how peanut butter is soooo bad for you and how putting peanut butter in my protein shakes is like "deep frying my vegetables"...

You should try PB2 it is powdered peanut butter from the natural process of pressing peanuts for their oil. It has a lot less fat and calories and is great in shakes and smoothies.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    The wonderful part about it is when it makes your tongue orgasm.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    The wonderful part about it is when it makes your tongue orgasm.

This^^

Crunchy peanut butter on toast...yum yum ...sigh....
  • bbateman123
    bbateman123 Posts: 67 Member
    I have a PB&J everyday on the 40 cal Nature's own bread with a banana. 250 calories for 10g protein, usually as my in between breakfast and lunch snack.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Because it's OM NOM NOM NOM! Two tablespoons. EVERY. DAY.
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Oh man! This post makes me miss my PB :( We recently found out that my son (14 months) is allergic!!! Nooooooooooo!!!
  • Interested to read what people have to say about this. I recently had an argument with somebody about how peanut butter is soooo bad for you and how putting peanut butter in my protein shakes is like "deep frying my vegetables"...
    Did that person happen to think that fats are the root of all evil?

Precisely
  • I have a spoonful everyday after lunch. I savor it and it keeps the cookies away.

Good point!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    mmmmm look what i have

pb.png
  • 2abnorth
    2abnorth Posts: 59 Member
    The fat in peanut butter is not a bad thing. You need fat. Peanut butter is a great source of fat and protein, and whilst it's an acquired taste (not everyone like it), it's very much like marmite. You either love it or hate it. Personally? Can't get enough of the stuff. It is calorie dense, but it's good calories, and I find it very filling due to the stodgy nature of the product. I only use the 100% peanut type though. Nothing added. Means I have to mix it in the tub every time I open it because the oil separates, but it's delicious and only takes 10 seconds to mix.

Have you tried storing it upside down? This helps the oil reinfuse into the peanut butter.

For those of us who had a hard time eating breakfast (now I can't live without it!) it was a good way to start getting protein early in the day when on the run. Slap it on a piece of toast & gone.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    I like Pindakaas's Creamy Peanut Butter. Bit high in calories but tastes really good and is a nice source of protein.
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    mmmmm look what i have

pb.png

:noway: Oh My!!!