Has anyone ever had an ectopic pregnancy?

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
I'm probably being paranoid and it's probably nothing, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

I had a tubal last month and starting this past Sunday, I've been on and off experiencing very sharp pain in the area of my left ovary (I guess). It could just be bad cramps. I have friends whose cramps worsened after a tubal. But it's enough to double me over for a minute and it woke me up last night.

I looked up ectopic symptoms and cramping and a little fatigue (though that's normal for me!) are the only ones I am having regularly. I did feel sick in the shower yesterday, but only that one time and it may have been the junk I ate the night before coupled with the hot water.

I just don't know.

Has anyone experienced this? I want to set my mind at ease without having to make an emergency call to the doc.

Replies

• jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I would call the doctor, just to be on the safe side...If it hurts bad enough to double you over it could be a problem. If not an ectopic, but an infection, or something not healing properly...Or it could be nothing. I'd double check.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I would call the doctor, just to be on the safe side...If it hurts bad enough to double you over it could be a problem. If not an ectopic, but an infection, or something not healing properly...Or it could be nothing. I'd double check.

I know. I think I'm afraid to call the doctor.

It isn't constant pain. Like I had it for a few minutes Sunday afternoon, then a few minutes yesterday afternoon and then in the middle of the night.
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Shame girl, that doesn't sound right! Rather phone the doctor to be on the safe side. Hope it heals soon and that it's nothing serious
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    An this has to do with weight loss - how?

I do believe this would fall under the category "chit chat". However, considering that you took the time to give a snarky comment to a person asking a genuine question about their health, I would assume that you do not have the patience to read such silly things like that.

I have never had one, I hope that is not what it is!! Even if you are scared (I would be too), you need to call and go in today! I don't think anyone will be easing fears on this one. Even if it isn't that, it could be something bad. Hopefully, it is just normal in the healing process........ *fingers crossed*
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Yea... definitely call your doctor. Even if it's not an ectopic, it could be something else. Pain like that around your ovary isn't something good when it has you doubled over and is waking you up. And don't be afraid to call the doctor, it could save you more pain and worse problems. Just keep your chin up and get yourself checked out and healthy.
  • rml_16
    Options

I do believe this would fall under the category "chit chat". However, considering that you took the time to give a snarky comment to a person asking a genuine question about their health, I would assume that you do not have the patience to read such silly things like that.

I have never had one, I hope that is not what it is!! Even if you are scared (I would be too), you need to call and go in today! I don't think anyone will be easing fears on this one. Even if it isn't that, it could be something bad. Hopefully, it is just normal in the healing process........ *fingers crossed*

Thanks, honey. I guess I'm calling when they open.

Dammit. It's probably nothing but I'm all paranoid about it.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options

She's not even posting in a weight loss forum... and how do a lot of threads on this site JUST pertain to weight loss? She has a serious question in regards to her health and is just seeing who else experienced similar stuff so she can maybe calm her own nerves.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

and You've lost weight, how?

Sorry, RML.. I got nothing else to contribute but that.

Hopefully the Doc can shed some light!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    HI! Welcome to "Chit chat fun and games"! Nice to meet you. :)
    This forum really isn't for just weight loss specifically.

So kindly go to the more appropriate forum for yourself, if you take an issue with what is posted here.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

So kindly go to the more appropriate forum for yourself, if you take an issue with what is posted here.

in other words
    GTFO

OP see a dr...and keep us posted please:flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. You've talked me into it.

They open at 8:30 or 9, so I guess I'll call then.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have, almost fatal, not to scare you but mine doubled me over and woke me up in the middle of the night also. Don't take this lightly, don't freak out but believe me when I tell you you need to get straight to a doctor, do not wait, if the doctor isn't open now go to your A&E.
  • Rachielous
    Rachielous Posts: 80 Member
    Options

*And - Not 'An'

Idiot.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm probably being paranoid and it's probably nothing, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

I had a tubal last month and starting this past Sunday, I've been on and off experiencing very sharp pain in the area of my left ovary (I guess). It could just be bad cramps. I have friends whose cramps worsened after a tubal. But it's enough to double me over for a minute and it woke me up last night.

I looked up ectopic symptoms and cramping and a little fatigue (though that's normal for me!) are the only ones I am having regularly. I did feel sick in the shower yesterday, but only that one time and it may have been the junk I ate the night before coupled with the hot water.

I just don't know.

Has anyone experienced this? I want to set my mind at ease without having to make an emergency call to the doc.

Call the Dr ASAP!!!

If it is an eptopic and it ruptures, you could DIE and if you get to the hospital in time you would still have to have surgery to remove your tube.

One second thought, just go to the emergency room.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

I just don't know.

Call the Dr ASAP!!!

If it is an eptopic and it ruptures, you could DIE and if you get to the hospital in time you would still have to have surgery to remove your tube.

One second thought, just go to the emergency room.

Seconded, straight to A&E!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I would make the call. I had pains like that and it was a ruptured intestine. I had to have emergency surgery. That kind of pain shouldn't be ignored.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    +1 for the emergency room.

I like you too much to have anything bad happen to you..
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

in other words
    GTFO

OP see a dr...and keep us posted please:flowerforyou:

This^^

Get checked out and take no notice of silly remarks like that poster sent you.. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

:huh:

Don't be so mean :huh:
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Even if it's nothing, your peace of mind is worth the call to the doctors, or the trip to the ER. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.