Has anyone ever had an ectopic pregnancy?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I called the doc and waiting on a call back from a nurse. I will get my rear to the ER if they tell me to. Or even just to the office (in the same building, anyway!).

I really am thinking it's probably just bad cramps, but I'm nervous since it's only a month out and my body is doing weird and new things. lol

I guess I just wanted to see if anyone had experienced mild symptoms and still had an EP.
  • sexywifey0127
    sexywifey0127 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 ectopic preg. The first one I had surgery, and then experienced the cramping as you are. I went back to the doctor and they gave me meds, not sure what the meds were or why as this was 7yrs ago. Never the less DIFFIDENTLY call the doctor ASAP. Hope you fill better soon!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have, and trust me, it's so painful you'd know!! I couldn't even walk without help, maybe it's just me, I dunno.. but worse than labor pains honestly. Recently I found out I have cysts on my ovaries and they were rupturing.. that could be what you're experiencing. I would definitely call the doc though for sure.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I have, and trust me, it's so painful you'd know!! I couldn't even walk without help, maybe it's just me, I dunno.. but worse than labor pains honestly. Recently I found out I have cysts on my ovaries and they were rupturing.. that could be what you're experiencing. I would definitely call the doc though for sure.

If I have cysts, they appeared in the last month, so not that.

Sorry you went through that, but it gives me hope since my pain is nowhere near that bad. I do have a call in and am waiting to hear back. I'll keep you all updated.

Thank you all (well, all but one) for your concern and experiences.
  • Masqueraded
    Options
    I'm glad you decided to go to the doctor today. It is scary when something doesn't feel right, but you're much better off figuring out what's up sooner rather than later.

On a related note, I have cysts that rupture too and it's super crampy and very painful. Hopefully it's nothing. Fingers crossed xoxo
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    An this has to do with weight loss - how?

who pissed in your cheerios?!?

OP- I hope everything turns out ok. :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I didn't have one, but had a suspected one. I didn't even have severe symptoms. Just a niggling pain in my lower left side that I mentioned to my doc, whom immediately ordered an ultrasound. So, I'm going to go with yes, with as concerned as they were with some not so bad or constant pains, I'd say a bend you over pain definitely needs to be looked at. I was confirmed pregnant at the time however.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I was confirmed pregnant at the time however.

Considering I just went through surgery to prevent that from ever happening, I hope not! lol

I also had an ablation, so it could be very dangerous if I'm pregnant, ectopic or not.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    Immediately following a tubal ligation is, unfortunately; the biggest risk time of having an ectopic. If everything was not done properly, and there is even a little tiny space for a sperm to get through, It can fertilize the egg, but the egg will not be able to follow it's correct path and can implant wherever it lies. However; if you ARE having a tubal, a home pregnancy test should show a positive result. So if you can't get into the doctors right away, it may not be a bad idea to go get one and see. That way if it is positive you will have more leverage to use to get seen more quickly.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    My cousin had one and was doubled over in pain in our workplace, unable to get off of the floor. Our manager at the time was a complete *kitten* and forced her to keep working. I sent my cousin home and got a disciplinary. It wasn't until the next day after emergency surgery that my cousin called the workplace and told them what happened. I got a half-assed apology.

I think it's likely symptoms relating to your recent tubal. Hope the doctor can shed some light!
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    And also, the ablation should not have any affect on the tubal pregnancy. The embryo would never make it as far as your uterus. And if an embryo did get through, with the ablation, there is very little chance it would be able to implant at all.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    An this has to do with weight loss - how?

That's rude. You could say that about a lot of topics on the posts, about music, movies, would you date the person above you, etc.

Why bother replying if you were just going to be a b*tch.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Immediately following a tubal ligation is, unfortunately; the biggest risk time of having an ectopic. If everything was not done properly, and there is even a little tiny space for a sperm to get through, It can fertilize the egg, but the egg will not be able to follow it's correct path and can implant wherever it lies. However; if you ARE having a tubal, a home pregnancy test should show a positive result. So if you can't get into the doctors right away, it may not be a bad idea to go get one and see. That way if it is positive you will have more leverage to use to get seen more quickly.

I wasn't sure about that, if it would show positive. Good to know. I may pick one up at lunch if I don't hear back. And even if I do ...
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I had an ovarian cyst that burst last year, I was in bend over type of pain, was in hospital for a week. I had one earlier this year as well but wasn't as severe..could be that?

But really glad you've called the doctor :smile:
  • rml_16
    Options
    And also, the ablation should not have any affect on the tubal pregnancy. The embryo would never make it as far as your uterus. And if an embryo did get through, with the ablation, there is very little chance it would be able to implant at all.
    I know it's unlikely, but not impossible. I guess I'll know what's going on one way or another by the end of the day.

I just heard from the nurse. I have an appointment at 3:30 and they'll do a test then. She said it could be a cyst, an EP or just bad cramps. So ... lol I'll update when I know more.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    Good Luck!!
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I have never had one, but being pregnant, I find that if I were to look up my normal symptoms, Web MD basically is telling me I am going to die very soon of pancreatic cancer. I went to the emergency room last week from severe side cramps and dizzyness. Turns out had food poisoning and terrible gas. :/ I am sure you are just fine, but to be cautious I would tell you to go see your witchdoctor, like everyone else has suggested. Hope it goes well!
  • 4everdieter
    4everdieter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are going to the doctor. I had a tubal pregnancy about 22yrs ago. When the doctor told me I was pregnant I was very happy but then I started spotting. It is perfectly normal for a person to spot during pregnancy. Days later I started bleeding and cramping and thought I miscarried but that was not the case. I went through an ultrasound and numerous blood test. It was determined it was a tubal pregnancy and I had surgery. I have since had a hysterectomy and I am doing fine. The moral to this story is when it comes to female problems get checked you never know what what could happen. Good luck to you.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Can I just add, my pain which doubled me over was bad but sharp and then gone, I wasn't in 'severe pain' and even went to work, this didn't mean that the event was any less dangerous and I almost died. By then the pregnancy was only identified through a blood test, the regular test didn't work so don't count on that. Your life is worth that trip to the ER!
  • rml_16
    Options
    Can I just add, my pain which doubled me over was bad but sharp and then gone, I wasn't in 'severe pain' and even went to work, this didn't mean that the event was any less dangerous and I almost died. By then the pregnancy was only identified through a blood test, the regular test didn't work so don't count on that. Your life is worth that trip to the ER!

Thanks. I'm sure they'll be thorough. My guess is I'll be having an ultrasound before this is all over.

My insurance company is going to love me this year!