why on earth?!

Options
Melroxsox
Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
are there so many fake towing, shipping, pawning, and parking "reality" shows on tv???!! and who watches this garbage? lol someone must because networks keep coming up with more and more of these shows......gah!

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    It's mindless TV.

Good stuff.
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    Just because you don't like them means other people shouldn't like them? :huh:
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I hate LA Ink.

I hate One Tree Hill.

I hate Mythbusters.

I hate NCIS.

I hate Duck Dynasties.

I do love anything on HBO or cinemax after 10pm. :drinker:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I hate LA Ink.

I hate One Tree Hill.

I hate Mythbusters.

I hate NCIS.

I hate Duck Dynasties.

So much HATE!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    Just because you don't like them means other people shouldn't like them? :huh:
    course not! just because i enjoy the science and military channels doesnt mean everyone else will;)
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I hate LA Ink.

I hate One Tree Hill.

I hate Mythbusters.

I hate NCIS.

I hate Duck Dynasties.

So much HATE!

I added a love haha!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    I hate LA Ink.

I hate One Tree Hill.

I hate Mythbusters.

I hate NCIS.

I hate Duck Dynasties.

So much HATE!

I added a love haha!
    hbo ftw!
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    It's cheap to make and there's people in the world who lap it up.

Personally I'd rather watch endless repeats of Dallas. At least there people have gone to the effort of writing a story, building some sets and acting.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    im a huge fan of the History channel and im watching Pawn Stars right now lol. idk, its a good history lesson! :D i also like Repo Games and Storage Wars!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I don't watch that stuff...reality is too scary and embarrassing...I don't need to watch it on tv. I've often wondered why so many find it entertaining..I figured it was just the train wreck thing. You can't look away.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    don't be hatin on pawn stars
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    It's cheap to make and there's people in the world who lap it up.

Personally I'd rather watch endless repeats of Dallas. At least there people have gone to the effort of writing a story, building some sets and acting.
    yes!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Pawn Stars is fun to watch because some really cool stuff comes in the shop!

Lizard Lick Towing is great if you need a good laugh too!

JM
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    It's mindless TV.

Good stuff.

yes. After working long days at a very stressful job I love to unwind with a little trash/mindless tv.
  • NickDHussin
    Options
    I love me some History and Military channels!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    don't be hatin on pawn stars
    well i did watch pawnstars a couple times when it first came out...but it suddenly got a scripted feeling to it and i really disliked it after that:(
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    and people even post about them on message boards...............
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I don't like them (or watch them) either.
    To answer your question, they are CHEAP to make. Few, if any, big name stars; few, if any, props; hardly any professional writers; the shows can be rebroadcast over and over; just on and on.
    I've even quit watching the Weather Channel because they are adding more and more of these reality shows instead of telling me what my far-flung friends are experiencing weather-wise.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    These shows are on because they are stupidly cheap to produce. No writers, no actors, just people holding cheap camcorders in a lot of them. I guess it's a great time to be a film studies graduate though. I actually love Pawn Stars because you actually learn stuff, but some of these things are really pushing it. Moonshiners, rattlesnake hunters... I'm waiting for one about meth cookers.
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    These shows are on because they are stupidly cheap to produce. No writers, no actors, just people holding cheap camcorders in a lot of them. I guess it's a great time to be a film studies graduate though. I actually love Pawn Stars because you actually learn stuff, but some of these things are really pushing it. Moonshiners, rattlesnake hunters... I'm waiting for one about meth cookers.
    lol oh dont get me started on all those......