Fighting hunger advice?

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    eating more is not the answer. I was looking for tips on feeling full longer.

You'll feel full longer if you eat more food.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    We are not anyone's mother... I wont start that kind of blabla... everyone is a big boy/girl.. what they are eating aint my biz....
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    According to your diary your daily calorie goal is 800. That is ridiculously and dangerously low. If you want to stave off the hunger pains (your body screaming for food) EAT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think pretty much anyone eating 800 or less calories a day is going to be hungry, a lot. Just eat some more food! You do not have to starve yourself to lose weight. I have lost 110 pounds so far, and if I am hungry, I eat.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Apparently, a significant amount of people are to incompetent to stick to a topic. I appreciate the ones that have.

or we arent giving you the answer you want to hear so you are throwing a hissy fit.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Apparently, a significant amount of people are to incompetent to stick to a topic. I appreciate the ones that have.

Speaking of incompetent:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

You're on the wrong website dude.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options

THe majority of people who have answered this thread have kept to the original topic. The title is "fighting hunger advice" and those who have suggested eating more are fully answering the issue you posted about. Eating only 800 as a grown male is not enough and is the reason why you are hungry and are not staying full for long. Your question has been answered even if it isn't what you wanted to hear.

Eat more protein, eat more fibre, drink more water and eat more in general and you will be fine. There is no magic thing to make you not feel hungry beside eating.
  • shadowsaround
    Options
    I'm not promoting anything. Learn to read the original post. I've done the opposite my trying to stick to the topic or hunger control. Get your facts straight. Apparently you fit in the incompetent area.

Speaking of incompetent:

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Speaking of incompetent:

You're on the wrong websitedude.

This. MFP is a safe place for many of us who have loved ones recovering from ED's or are struggling with recovery themselves. So if you're promoting an ED life, don't be surprised when people don't want to help you with it.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'm not promoting anything. Learn to read the original post. I've done the opposite my trying to stick to the topic or hunger control. Get your facts straight. Apparently you fit in the incompetent area.

Speaking of incompetent:

Do you still expect people to respond in a helpful way with how you are now speaking to posters?Being rude is no way to get people to help you out.

When you are pretty much refusing to take advice and eat more so you are healthy you are in a way promoting eating disorders since you are partaking in unhealthy behaviour.

Like already said... you HAVE recieved proper answers from fellow MFP members. You HAVE been given ANSWERS about how to stop from feeling hungry. It isn't a question of what to eat to not feel hungry besides eating more. You need to understand that before you begin to lose a large amount of muscle mass instead of fat. It isn't what you want to hear but it is th truth from people who want to help you out.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Speaking of incompetent:

Your malnutrition has resulted in you becoming b!tchy. You should eat something.
  • RunEatLift
    Options
    You're going to seriously slow down your metabolism - what are you going to do when you plateau? cut down to 300? then what?

And what about when you decide to maintain? You realize that you will put on weight as you begin to eat more as your metabolism can't cope with that? You're going to put your body into starvation mode, making it hang on to every last bit of fat you have.

And im not even gonna START on what this will be doing to your muscle mass and BMR!

As a young man you should have a decent metabolism, use it to your advantage.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Fight Hunger - Absolutely! This is a problem that needs to be addressed!

But you are doing it wrong if all you've tried is drinking water. Donate to your local food bank - food and/or money is appreciated!

fight-hunger.gif
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Fight Hunger - Absolutely! This is a problem that needs to be addressed!

But you are doing it wrong if all you've tried is drinking water. Donate to your local food bank - food and/or money is appreciated!

fight-hunger.gif

Such a good answer on so many levels. This should be the only true HUNGER that we address on this website.
  • ckauszler
    ckauszler Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You should incorporate more protein in your diet and eat less carbs. It's worked for me.
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    He didn't ask you to check out his diary though so I don't think this thread it promoting anything unhealthy. This is just a person who just wanted to know some good ways to fight cravings. We don't know if he logs everything he eats or if he's even aiming for 800 and unless he wants to tell us, thats not our business. =)

Now back to the actual topic:
    You've already gotten good advice - eating is usually the most effective way. Eating the wrong things, however, wont help you. Eating a candy bar will probably only make you hunger for more. Eating lean protein och fibers will probably help you more. I find that carrots, mushrooms or squash with a lean dip(or skinny dip - lol im so funny...) usually makes me full. Very full infact!
    If I'm hungry and trying to endure until dinner I usually avoid acidic snacks like apples(i only like granny smiths, lol)

Slow food I think is the key if you have problems with sudden hunger or cravings..
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    If you are insistent about sticking to 800 calories (and I think a cat eats more than that) you will just have to learn how to live with being hungry.
  • amcgrean
    amcgrean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Coffee and/or water!
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    You should incorporate more protein in your diet and eat less carbs. It's worked for me.

THIS!
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Wow!

Come one! even someone that eats 3000 cal per day can still be hungry...
    Not everyone is made the same. period.
  • vegapsi
    Options
    I understand you were looking for the advice you posted about and people gave it. Maybe in the future, if you don't want your diet scrutinized or you don't find it relevant, hide your diary. People would have said "eating" takes their hunger pangs away regardless of what you had your intake at, as it is a sincere solution. Maybe fill up on raw veggies or whatever but it's still eating.

I hope you do find the help you need and your intake is concerning as people pointed out. Good luck with it all!