rapidly losing weight past goal weight...

Options
hey everyone. this is something ive been worried about and wanted some quick advice (i know its not substitute for doctor's advice) anyways

i started at 130 and cut calories down to 1200 and was doing cardio an hour a day, fast forward to now and i have already reached my goal weight and am in the process of increasing my calories (i eat about 1500 now, working on getting to more) and i havent been exercising as much cause im losing pretty rapidly past my goal weight. i am lifting free weights every 2-3 days. as far as cardio goes i do 30 minutes of moderately intense cardio/running every 3-4 days. (edit: crap i meant to say 3-4 times a week)

heres my weight chart. im really worried about this and i dont want to lose anymore weight... should i just stop cardio all together or cut down even more on it? i am continuing to increase my calories (hoping to get to 1800-2000 at some point)
bNP8P.jpg

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Stop your cardio. Eat more.

Problem solved.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Stop your cardio. Eat more.

Problem solved.
    stop it forever?
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    You are losing weight because you are spending more calories than you are taking in.

Either take in more, spend less, or a combination of both.

You already know what you need to do. I dunno why you'd post about it. I cannot say with 100% certainty, but a good portion of people know to eat food to not lose weight or at least cease activities that are causing the weight loss.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You can nail exactly how much more to eat to reach TDEE and maintain.

How much have you been eating on avg daily for last 3 weeks - X

How much have you lost over the last 3 weeks - Y

X + (Y * 3500 / 21) = TDEE

Eat that much for this level of activity, keep doing what you are doing.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Why don't you eat 2000 calories now?
  • Akumu
    Akumu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would find out what your maintenance calories should be, and eat back some of your exercise calories also.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    This happened to me. STOP Cardio. Keep lifting - eat more. Don't be afraid to eat more. I hit my goal in May, and by July I was 11 pounds under because I didn't adjust...don't do what I did.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Maybe it's a tumor.
  • stines72
    Options

oh math.. lol i will do this thank you so much
    i dont want there to be a sudden gain of fat, that is something im trying to avoid
    This happened to me. STOP Cardio. Keep lifting - eat more. Don't be afraid to eat more. I hit my goal in May, and by July I was 11 pounds under because I didn't adjust...don't do what I did.
    i dont have a problem with eating more but stopping cardio will be tough mentally. but i will take your advice and lift only from now on.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Why are you hoping you can your calories "eventually"? That makes no sense, it's clear you need them now if you're losing weight.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this problem...
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this problem...

Ditto....
  • stines72
    Options
    Why are you hoping you can your calories "eventually"? That makes no sense, it's clear you need them now if you're losing weight.
    im doing it slowly, getting there :)
  • Colstriper
    Colstriper Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stop cardio - it's good for your heart. Your not going to waste away from running to much. Great job by the way.
  • lcinig
    Options
    Man, I wish I had that problem. I would taking your starting weight!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest continuing the cardio but maybe upping the calories and eating what you like. I'm maintaining, still running 3 or 4 times a week, and I don't log (I'm at 118lb, which is slightly under what I planned originally, but I figure it's a fat cushion!)
    I think maintaining is trial and error.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Reduce cardio. Try lifting more. Eat more.
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    Man, I wish I had that problem. I would taking your starting weight!

No kidding...100 pounds is extremely low for anyone, I don't care how tall you are, unless you are a midget.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options

oh math.. lol i will do this thank you so much
    i dont want there to be a sudden gain of fat, that is something im trying to avoid
    i dont have a problem with eating more but stopping cardio will be tough mentally. but i will take your advice and lift only from now on.

If you put your intake up to 2000 cals a day you aren't going to immedately gain fat. You may see a temporary gain on the scale due to water weight since your body is not used that amount of calories. You need to increase your calories so you are maintaining. If you keep losing weight and you don't want to you have to change something. Stop your cardio or lower the amount you do and eat more.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    make an appointment with your doctor
    stop cardio
    eat more