Why Do You WorkOut ??

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Because I will never forget what it felt like to not be able to walk for a year.

Because I enjoy walking around naked and checking out my own body.

Because the jaws of life cut me out of that car and the jaws of life will have to shove me into the ground.

Because I have a healthy addiction to being present for my own amazing evolution.

Because I have never been the person that wakes up and follows a routine in a rut of the normalcy I settled for instead of proving I am wonderous creature on top of the food chain.

Because a life without leveling up is like an action figure that's never been taken out of the box.

Because I dont have anyone to truly make proud other than myself, and Ive accepted that, so Im going to make myself proud.

Cause Im a runaway who's hell bent on proving she can thrive and not just survive.

Because I lost my baby in 2008 because I was sick, anemic and too stressed to handle pregnancy and I vowed to live the badassedest life ever because she wont.

Because I had to fight - actually fight in a trial - fight for the right to live my own life, and Ill be damned if I dont live it out loud.

Forget the box. No one is going to return this chick in mint condition!
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    The reason I work is: My father had a stage two colon blockage that was cancerous. My mother had skin cancers removed from her. My aunt had a 3 centimeter brain tumor removed earlier this year. However, the long term health may not be grand. My cousin had a skin cancer removed from him. In short, cancer is hitting me all around. None of the people mentioned here were serious about weight or health issues.

I saw my father vomit green bile after his surgery. Before the operation, He was 320-310 lbs. After the surgery, his weight went to 240-250 range. It was scary. If he had a colon exam and took care of himself, none that would have happened. I hit the gym after his ordeal. I am not going to go through that if possible.

I workout because I want to live.

Jeff
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    To look good.
    To feel good.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Longer life span, boost immune system, increased energy...

...nah I just want to look hot! :smokin:

^ This :wink:
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    to be Batman.

I'd rather be The Wolverine.

a 4'9" hairy canadian??

be my guest.

Already have to deal with the hairy part; and with that physique, who cares where I'm from?
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    1.To prove people wrong ...I love proving people wrong ...
    2. To say I can do it, just because I can ...
    3. vanity I'm a little shallow plus I want to subtly tell a certain someone to "suck on it" Some are lucky and born with the genes for a gorgeous body but I'm a strong ***** and work for what I want=) revenge
    4.and finally as much my beau loves me now I could still be improved
  • i do it for health and for looks :P to attract the SAME sex ;)
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hell yea to the wanting to look good !!!! And I love to eat :)
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    So I can justify eating whatever I want because "I'm still under my calories"

To look good (obviously)

and to justify the purchase and wearing of obnoxiously coloured clothing.
  • Lovlilyn
    Lovlilyn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Because I have to.

I totally would not work out if I could be a healthy weight without it. I see women all the time that look great, and you can tell that they've never worked out - they just have genes on their side. If they put on a few pounds, they are just careful about what they eat for a couple weeks, and voila, pounds gone. I would rather be one of them.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    To look good naked.

Yep. Pretty much.

Oh, and to eat more. For sure.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Wine.
    Cheese.
    I hate clothes so to look better naked.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Awesome list of reasons Yoovie!

i exercise because I started getting breathless just walking up a couple of flights of stairs, and I'm not old enough for that! I want my waist back, and I love boxing (most other CV exercise I just go through the motions but that - I love.)
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Booty Shorts.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Booty Shorts.

:flowerforyou:
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    definitely to look hot and feel good about myself!
  • milleyea
    milleyea Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    So I can look good while I hula-hoop naked :blushing:
  • jonjo1978
    Options
    to look better
    taughter
    and improve my health in general
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Because I will never forget what it felt like to not be able to walk for a year.

Because I enjoy walking around naked and checking out my own body.

Because the jaws of life cut me out of that car and the jaws of life will have to shove me into the ground.

Because I have a healthy addiction to being present for my own amazing evolution.

Because I have never been the person that wakes up and follows a routine in a rut of the normalcy I settled for instead of proving I am wonderous creature on top of the food chain.

Because a life without leveling up is like an action figure that's never been taken out of the box.

Because I dont have anyone to truly make proud other than myself, and Ive accepted that, so Im going to make myself proud.

Cause Im a runaway who's hell bent on proving she can thrive and not just survive.

Because I lost my baby in 2008 because I was sick, anemic and too stressed to handle pregnancy and I vowed to live the badassedest life ever because she wont.

Because I had to fight - actually fight in a trial - fight for the right to live my own life, and Ill be damned if I dont live it out loud.

Reading this just made me want to go find something heavy...lift it up...put it down and repeat!