do you have a "guitly pleasure" workout routine?

Options

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    dancing to gangnam style
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm usually 100% compound exercises, but I did curls and tricep extentions today.

As long as you didn't do them in the squat rack....like a couple kids I saw today doing some weird of weird curl with the barbell behind their back and just curling their wrist. i still don't know what that was all about.

ETA: Okay now that i googled it, found out it's a forearm exercise.

Here's a video for those who might not have gotten the visual: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDq_lIcZ4OI
  • Insanity_Queen
    Options
    sexercise

^^^this^^^
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Pole Dancing! No....seriously....here's where I go into my little speech--yes, we wear clothes, no we're not available to dance at your little brother's bachelor party....at any rate, I started in October of 2010 after some abdominal surgery. Amazing what I can do now as opposed to then! Good for core, upper body, flexibility and confidence. I have a pole at home and am in a studio at least 2 days per week and the time flies by. There are moves out there for all shapes, sizes and abilities, I would encourage any woman looking for something new to try and find a class in her area.

They have classes near me i nearly went but they were on holiday and never got round to it. Still fancy giving it a go though. The only trouble is it is in quite a dodgy area of the town i live in so worried about the types of people that might go. Does this make me a bad person.
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    sexercise

^this, except in my log it's called something else

haha never thought to log that... why not?

mine would have to be doing the wii fit and zumba for wii and stuff lol. Probably not a great workout but at least i'm moving around and it's fun
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Barre (ballet) classes.

I take them simply because I'm usually the only ex-dancer in the class and I like the ego boost. If it's a new teacher I don't tell them about my background - I just let them believe I'm some sort of weird dance prodigy. Basically, I'm a jerk.
  • StyxxandStones
    Options
    "Zumba"

^^ This. :love: :love: :love:
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing, hands down. Not only is it a killer workout (all over), it's sexy as hell.
    I'm also waiting for the Burlesque class to switch time slots and then I'll be all over that class as well.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    What would constitute a guilty pleasure exercise?
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    DEAD LIFT DAY!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My "Lazy" (not sure I can call it a guilty pleasure...) workout is riding my recumbent bike. It's in my living room and I can watch TV or surf the net at the same time!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to blow dry my hair without and impromptu dance party around the bathroom.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Most of my workouts are based on forms of cardio and resistance training I have experimented with that appeal to the same sensory disorder that drives me to stim. So I'm not sure if you can call them a guilty pleasure or not, or what even constitutes a guilty pleasure workout.
  • anil8er
    Options
    funny, but I turned the one thing I hated to do and always tried to avoid into something l look forward to LEG DAY!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    funny, but I turned the one thing I hated to do and always tried to avoid into something l look forward to LEG DAY!

^Ugh. I wish I could find a way to do that.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    deadlifting
    running without a plan for 3 hours

but, in all honesty, I know that once my coordination improves and I get more familiar with it - crossfit will be my new love. I feel her creepin.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i like working out with my padawan. i really enjoy teaching and pushing people in fitness. i should really get my PT cert.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I sometimes take ridiculous 30-minute classes at the gym for no other reason than I have no routine plans for the day and I like being the strongest person in the class ... I am a total *kitten*.

I think I'm in love...
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Deadlift days
    CrossFit days
    Days where I just wake up and have that urge to go for a run, actually wanting to do it is the best feeling
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts and squats!