I.Y.O Quickest way to burn fat?

Options
Without,

1.Diet pills or
2.Starving yourself

Alot of people swear by cutting carbs, is that your method? Do you include fruit in this equation?

Do you believe that eating a blanced diet of veggies, lean protein, whole grains, good fats is the way to do it?

Do you think you burn more fat when you eat every 2-3 hours?

Is pure Cardio enough to burn the fat or do you strength train as well?

Not eating after 8? Ect...

I would like to hear what you think works best for you.

Thanks!

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Lift, and lift heavy :)
    Cut out processed foods
    Drink water
    Sleep
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.
  • bjsamafnas
    bjsamafnas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have included more fruits and veggies into my diet. I work out at least three times a week for about an hour. I try my hardest to not eat past 7pm-sometimes its hard to do with two little ones at home:) I cut out junk foods-once in awhile though I will enjoy a measured serving of baked chips with my sandwiches. I cut out sodas completely and only drink water or unsweetened teas. I have seen results so I know these have definitely helped me:) Good Luck!
  • jefedesalto
    jefedesalto Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I started seeing the fat peel away when I began a HIIT regiment 3 days a week. Monday, Wednesday, Friday. On those days I would do my normal weightlifting/strength training for an hour to deplete my glycogen stores. (research suggests your body stores about 1 hours worth of energy as glycogen then starts converting fat stores to energy.

I would then hit the treadmill for 20 minutes. A 4 minute warm up jogging at 4.5 MPH on a 1.5 degree incline. Then I would sprint 60 seconds at 9 MPH then back to 4.5 MPH for 2 minutes, then another 60 second sprint at 9 MPH and back to 2 minutes at 4.5 MPH and so on until I hit the 20 minute mark.

This peeled fat at about 3 lbs a week easily with a clean and 500 cal a day deficit. Also I hate cardio so 20 minutes intervals kept me from getting bored and allowed me to be done with it quickly.

HIIT also helps raise your V02 MAX and raise your lactic threshold so you can do more before getting lactic acidosis and feeling that burn in your muscles.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.

x2
  • ericalyn73
    Options
    Lift heavy. Eat at a small calorie deficit. Run. This is what works for ME.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Gain 300 lbs. Mobidly obese people burn fat very quickly.

Hope this helps.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Hope this helps.
    PFFFT.
  • Fatboy2Fitboy
    Fatboy2Fitboy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started seeing the fat peel away when I began a HIIT regiment 3 days a week. Monday, Wednesday, Friday. On those days I would do my normal weightlifting/strength training for an hour to deplete my glycogen stores. (research suggests your body stores about 1 hours worth of energy as glycogen then starts converting fat stores to energy.

I would then hit the treadmill for 20 minutes. A 4 minute warm up jogging at 4.5 MPH on a 1.5 degree incline. Then I would sprint 60 seconds at 9 MPH then back to 4.5 MPH for 2 minutes, then another 60 second sprint at 9 MPH and back to 2 minutes at 4.5 MPH and so on until I hit the 20 minute mark.

This peeled fat at about 3 lbs a week easily with a clean and 500 cal a day deficit. Also I hate cardio so 20 minutes intervals kept me from getting bored and allowed me to be done with it quickly.

HIIT also helps raise your V02 MAX and raise your lactic threshold so you can do more before getting lactic acidosis and feeling that burn in your muscles.

totally agree with this!! i do the same altho i have recently hit a plateau :(
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    intense cardio
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    get a cheap heart rate monitor, and believe what it tells you.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options

Hope this helps.

dumb... lol
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Stop trying to lose weight quickly and start focusing on losing weight slowly and consistently.

Lost weight much faster that way.
  • jefedesalto
    jefedesalto Posts: 154 Member
    Options

totally agree with this!! i do the same altho i have recently hit a plateau :(

This happened to me as well. I just couldn't sprint any faster, so I increased the incline.
  • puggleperson
    Options
    get a cheap heart rate monitor, and believe what it tells you.

Really? I have a polar and I go off the calories burned but I never believe it.. seriously... LOL

I love reading all these responses. Thank you
  • puggleperson
    Options
    Stop trying to lose weight quickly and start focusing on losing weight slowly and consistently.

Lost weight much faster that way.

I can't right now.. I procrastinated wayy tooo loongg and I have to fit into my wedding dress in less than 3 months.. :/ I only need to lose 20 to fit in it though hah

I do normally agree with you :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time when I turn my burner on too hot, and then walk away from the pan and fidget on MFP, forgetting the pan is heating up. Usually the smoke alarm alerts me to the burning fat.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Lift, and lift heavy :)
    Cut out processed foods
    Drink water
    Sleep

^^^ This.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

Hope this helps.

dumb... lol

Stop attacking me
  • Kourtne_KK
    Kourtne_KK Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    High Intensity Interval training(HIIT) workouts! Love them! examples are like 30 day shred or insanity but you can get some great HIIT workouts and others on youtube called fitnessblender! and of course eat healthy rather its paleo, veg or whatever just eat right!