Replies

• puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    But you make it so easy :P
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    By eating on a deficit, drinking a ton of water and working out (cardio, strength training, HIIT, your choice!) you can easily lose 20 lbs in 3 months in time for your wedding!

Also, I have noticed that yoga and general stretching REALLY helps with.. "digestion" :wink:
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    High Intensity Interval training(HIIT) workouts! Love them! examples are like 30 day shred or insanity but you can get some great HIIT workouts and others on youtube called fitnessblender! and of course eat healthy rather its paleo, veg or whatever just eat right!

woo thank you... I tried 30ds..it's hard stuff... but nothing that works will be easy. I am going to look into HIIT
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Stitch your mouth shut until the wedding?
    28848 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    May I ask for an explanation of "lift and lift heavy"? For those of us who have never lifted but would like to?
  • User819
    User819 Posts: 271
    Options
    Without,

1.Diet pills or
    2.Starving yourself

Alot of people swear by cutting carbs, is that your method? Do you include fruit in this equation?

Do you believe that eating a blanced diet of veggies, lean protein, whole grains, good fats is the way to do it?

Do you think you burn more fat when you eat every 2-3 hours?

Is pure Cardio enough to burn the fat or do you strength train as well?

Not eating after 8? Ect...

I would like to hear what you think works best for you.

Thanks!

Laser liposuction
  • Mara_816
    Options
    I DO CARDIO IN THE GYM ABOUT 60 MINUTES A DAY..(EXCEPT ON SUNDAYS).. AND STRENGHT TRAINING FOR ABOUT 5 OR 10 MINUTES...
    CARBS ARE MY WORST ENEMY... I DONT USE PILLS I DO EAT MORE VEGGIES AND FRUIT... COLD CEREAL IN THE MORNINGS.... I DONT EAT AFTER 5PM... JUST WATER WATER WATER!!! EVEN THO MY HEAD HURTS SOMETIMES ITS OK YOU KNOW NO PAIN NO GAIN... I USED TO WRAP MY STOMACH IN PLASTIC WRAP BECAUSE OF THE SWEAT, I DID LOSE 50 POUNDS WHEN I WAS DOING THAT.BUT HAVENT DONE IT IN A WHILE... PARKING REALLY FAR WHEN GOING TO THE STORE... NO ELEVATORS.... SKIM MILK ONLY...... OVER 50% OF MY PLATE SHOULD CONTAIN VEGGIES AND OR SALAD.

EVERYBODY PLASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!!!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I lost 47 pounds in 5 months by doing P90X, spin classes 3x a week and eating healthy home cooked meals.

Workout 6 days a week and eat healthy.

Now Get in that Damn wedding dress!!
  • kbogart1996
    kbogart1996 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    weight circuit training
  • yoovie
    Options
    May I ask for an explanation of "lift and lift heavy"? For those of us who have never lifted but would like to?

choose a weight you can only pick up about 3-5 times.

This is your starting point.

Focus on form.

Enjoy your new life.

The beginning.

(as opposed to The End)
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I just have to ask, I,Y.O., stands for?
  • yoovie
    Options
    I just have to ask, I,Y.O., stands for?

in your opinion
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options

Focus on form.

Thanks...

Enjoy your new life.

The beginning.

(as opposed to The End)
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit, good macros, strength training
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options

Focus on form.

Enjoy your new life.

The beginning.

(as opposed to The End)

Winning.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit, good macros, strength training
    ^ This.
  • justin_vickers
    justin_vickers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    High Intensity Intervals first thing in the morning before eating. Then a 20 minute circuit workout right after 4-5 times a week. That along with a 500 calorie deficient and eating every 2-3 hours to keep the metabolism fire stoked, and you should be good to go in my opinion. Goodluck!
  • OTlove1
    OTlove1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Focus on form.

Enjoy your new life.

The beginning.

(as opposed to The End)

Usually starting with lower weight and increase your reps first is advised.....at least this is what I've learned in all my OT fieldwork and 2.5 years of grad school. You need to be very cautious when lifting weights. Any shaking as you are lifting a weight indicates weakness so I would personally suggest starting with a comfortable weight and just increasing reps. (i.e. external rotator 20lbs, 2 sets of 10). once you find like 3 sets to be to easy then consider increasing the weight by 2-5lbs (depending on type of lifting) .... but dont' mean to offend here at all....maybe I just don't understand this lift and lift heavy and you could explain a bit more? Thank you!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Focus on form.

Enjoy your new life.

The beginning.

(as opposed to The End)

Winning.

As a beginner, I'm using the LiveFit program from Jamie Eason that lays out lifting routines, adds cardio, and integrates nutrition over 12 weeks. It's helping me be more aware of what I'm eating and get started on lifting. It's all free at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html