Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    TwylaiPad.jpg

This is my pirate kitty, Twyla.

Pirates.jpg

And here with her sister, Sabrina.

Do they both only have one eye or is Sabrina just winking there?
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Lovin' this purrrrfect thread:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Hurrah, you got it. :)

I love Maine Coons and hope to get one .... one day.
  • marinegirl92
    Options
    Lovin all the cat momma photos!

My furry girl - Elli the maine coon cat as a kitten

428748_317392158306695_1142615474_n.jpg
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    luna :)
    tumblr_mdypu99IBj1rucbymo1_400.jpg
    22709143_578.jpg
    63295_10151222912360053_1856285193_n.jpg
  • marinegirl92
    Options
    Lovin' this purrrrfect thread:

Here's my cute - Elli the maine coon cat as a kitten

428748_317392158306695_1142615474_n.jpg

I love Maine Coons and hope to get one .... one day. -

You will never have another cat! She is my 3rd one. The are the perfect combo of cat dog. She follows me around the house everywhere. If you go down the path email me... there are some things to look for in a breeder.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    My gorgeous calico Sunshine (a girl).

photo-6.jpg

photo-8-1.jpg

My beautiful tabby Dakota (also a girl which is pretty rare for orange tabbies).

photo-7-1.jpg

photo-5-2.jpg
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    My baby, Mao.

wIX8h.jpg
    509xi.jpg

Sophie (rag doll) and Wishbone (bengal).

JDTFL.jpg
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Emily (in the back) and Dakota
    emandkota.jpg
    Emily is gone now

Pet-you (my dog thinks she is his)
    petyou2.jpg
  • QueenBeeBritt
    Options
    My big fat fatty Pressley. I think he's a Turkish Angora.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/207343_200260703342260_4954808_n.jpg
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    100_1050.jpg

From left to right: Maxie, Koi, and Gylfie.

Maxie had a broken leg (from the shoulder) when we got him 10 years ago. He is king of the house, loves to cuddle and purrs super loud.

Koi came from India. She loves to play in water and if you aren't careful, she'll have her grubby little paws down your glass. She's probably the smallest adult cat I've ever had, she weighs in at 5lbs and... doesn't purr.

Glyfie is our newest addition. She's a manx and we call her bunny since she hops around. She mews at my feet if she wants in my lap. She is a cuddler and wheezes when she purrs, lol.
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    I have 8 cats. I work in a veterinary hospital to support them. No kids, just a husband. :tongue:
    Maya and Autumn will be 14 years old in the spring. They are not related, but came to the vet hosp. as injured stray kittens shortly after my old kitty, Yowser, passed away. Around Christmas that same year, a friend gave me Demi, a little kitten with lots of health problems. Demi passed a couple years ago. George is a 9 year old boy with extra toes, who's family was eaten by a dog when he was about 4 weeks old, so we took the little orphan home. Seven years ago, a client brought us a basket of kittens she found in her barn (mamma cat was feral, and had been killed that day). We were all set to call a rescue to raise the babies, (less than a week old) when my friend noticed they had "crazy toes" like our George. We raised all 5 babies, and kept 3 of them: Precious, Pippen, and Mellon. Motley Crue & Tater went to loving homes. My husband, not to be outdone, called me from HIS work one day to say a kitten from the feral colony there looked sick. We took him in and cleared up an eye infection, raised him on a bottle longer than he should have (he didn't want food, just kitten milk), and Nugget became part of the family also.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Pirates.jpg

And here with her sister, Sabrina.
    I feel like maybe Sabrina is making fun of Twyla in that photo.

Anyway, I love cats and can't wait until I can get one ... I miss having kitties :(

Haha I would completely agree, but they are both missing the same eye. I adopted my "Pirate Kitties" after they were rescued from a hoarder...
  • runboostie
    runboostie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love soba noodles. They are delicious. Cats love me. I am delicious, as you can see from my profile picture. Hungry crows also fancy me, but my tastes are decidely feline.

If you want the BESTEST ode ever written to a cat, google Christopher Smart's Jubilate Agno, "For I will consider my cat Jeffrey..."

With love from this skinny pig,

Boo Thomas Braniac
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    This is our most interesting one. He's a Hemingway, but rather than six toes on each front foot, he's got EIGHT!

PabloFeet004-1024-1.jpg

JM
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Melvin <3

5891_118350544660_2267895_n.jpg

oh Melvin you are adorable, just like your canadian wanna be papa :)
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You can see my baby Pebbles in my ticker. She passed away this past May at the age of 15 due to renal failure. :sad: This picture is from Christmas last year. This year will be our first Christmas without her. I will always love her. :heart:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    This is Spooky. He is a huge black cat, and is supervising my bathroom remodel! His brother Spectre is even bigger.

DSCF0985-640.jpg

JM
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    how do you add pics?
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My precious baby, EQ, is in my profile pic over there <---- Sadly, she is dying. She is 16 years and 7 months old and is my love. I am so saddened to say goodbye to her, which will likely happen on Saturday. She and I have been through so much over the past 16 years and I am going to miss her beyond belief.

Please say a prayer for her and kiss all of your kitties for me tonight. This is the most difficult thing I've ever had to deal with...:sad:

I just went through that experience this past May with my baby, Pebbles (in my ticker). She had just turned 15 years and went into renal failure and stopped eating. :sad: Yes it was very hard but I stayed with her to the end and it was actually a peaceful experience. She purred so sweetly and then went so quietly. The vet and assistant were also crying, that was the impact she had on everyone. You will alway miss them and love them, the pain is there, but it becomes bearable with time and your memories with them will always be a part of you. I can only hope to be able to show love as perfectly as she did. Hugs to you. :heart: