Don't drink your calories?

Options

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I make a shake every morning - coconut milk, water, frozen blueberries, protein powder, and honey. Makes 3-4 glasses of drink. Comes out to about 500 calories. Very filling too!

This is also my breakfast, so it fits into my macros well. :P
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Eggnog is my weakness around the holidays.... 240-300 calories a CUP, ugh. Who can just drink a cup!?

I love, love, love eggnog, too...but there is an eggnog flavored Silk soy milk I wanna try..the chocolate one is good and low cal, so I'm hoping the eggnog tastes as good...nothing is as good as the real thing, though :(

I tried the soy one last year and didn't like it at all. I think there's actually low-fat versions of eggnog in stores but I haven't seen them yet.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Is there anything you've drank that you can't believe contained that many calories?

My first day logging here last year. McDonald's Egg McMuffin and a Cafe Mocha. The mocha had more calories than the sandwich!! I had to break my Cafe Mocha addiction. Still have an Egg McMuffin once in a great while but never the Mocha.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Bottle of wine is 700 calories? Sweet. That's the perfect amount of calories for dinner.

It depends on the wine. Generally, most wines are 110 - 150 calories per serving (5 oz /150 ml) and there are 5 glasses per standard bottle. Sweeter wines generally have more calories.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I do and I don't. I only drink water and tea without sweetener (or maybe a bit of soda water with lime or the rare coffee with soy milk) during the day. But I always leave calories every week for a gorgeous glass of wine (or two) for those lovely evenings with friends. A lady has gotta live :)
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Eggnog is my weakness around the holidays.... 240-300 calories a CUP, ugh. Who can just drink a cup!?

I love, love, love eggnog, too...but there is an eggnog flavored Silk soy milk I wanna try..the chocolate one is good and low cal, so I'm hoping the eggnog tastes as good...nothing is as good as the real thing, though :(

The Silk Nog is still 180 calories per cup, just FYI. A little less than normal Egg Nog, but still pretty high for a cup of liquid!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I refuse to drink my calories for the most part. I drink only water & green tea which neither of those have calories. I will occasionaly get a dunks coffee or a hot cocoa for a treat but that's about it. I don't drink alcohol either so that helps.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I had to give up my caribou white hot chocolate. Its only 530 calories i think but still not worth it.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    My Freshman 15 (more like 20) came from drinking Chocolate malts almost every night for 2 months (I was battling a case of "I don't want to be in school but I don't want to go home, so I'll just take it out on food") and Cappuccinos with two shots of vanilla. Now if I drink my calories it's soda (trying to quit but since I don't drink coffee, it's my caffeine) or an occasional milkshake.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I avoid anything that's more than 20 calories per serving unless it's a treat or I'm sick. When I'm sick pretty much all of my calories will be orange juice.

eta - I think I'm really lucky I never drink egg nog... 200+ calories for half a cup is crazy and it usually gets used to make milkshakes here.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Drinking my calories was the first thing my dietician told me to stop doing. Even with things like orange juice, it's better to eat the oranges than to drink orange juice. So honestly, since I started 13 months ago, the only things I have had to drink is water and the extreme occasional diet soda.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Forget the mocha frappe! McDonald's chocolate chip frappe is the best!
    (and has the more calories too) :grumble:
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I mix a scoop of protein powder into my iced latte (I carry pre-measured protein around like a weirdo.) Empty calories no more!!

It's a non-fat latte with 30 grams of protein. WIN!

I used to "reward" myself after a good workout with a large smoothie from a local chain. It never made sense to me why my results sucked until I looked up the nutrition. HOLY CALORIE BOMB BATMAN.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I think what amazed me the most is that the same type of drink from Starbucks vs. most other coffee shops have crazy different calories. I can get a Frappucino from Starbucks for ~300 calories if I order it the right way. At other places, it will run me 500-600 calories. :noway:
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I would skip the meal and order the milkshake from Dennys. I would consume the entire glass, plus the extra they give you in the metal cup. I'm pretty sure it was well over 1000 calories.
  • puddy29
    Options
    i only drink non-caloric drinks water, diet ice tea or diet soda i know some people say no soda at all but diet soda doesn't have calories. I also dring hot tea with splenda again no calories
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Bottle of wine is 700 calories? Sweet. That's the perfect amount of calories for dinner.

Love this :drinker:

I used to drink quite a bit of beer and wine till I looked at the calories, that made me a little sad. As I could not give up my alcohol I switched to vodka and water with lemon slices, low calories and I don't seem to have a hangover the next day so I don't miss the workouts that I used to :drinker: . I still have a treat of wine or beer on occasion, but not too often.

I also drink my coffee and tea black with no sugar so I'm good there, and I only ever really enjoyed pop when I had a hangover so I don't have that problem anymore. My only issue is my Starbuck's Vanilla Latte, but I have skinnied it up and only can have it once a week IF I have completed my workout that morning.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Water, VitaRain from Costco, homemade smoothies, Low Sodium V8, and Yerba Mate... I won't drink anything else
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Starbucks... their coffees can get pretty big in numbers of all types... :(
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I drink mainly water and fruit tea (which is about 4 calories per cup). I have the odd diet coke but try not to drink too much. When I want a coffee I go to Costa and have a Primo Skinny Cappuccino which has about 65 calories. A lot more calories than fruit tea, but it feels like a treat.