How do you BAKE a Juicy Chicken Breast??

Options

Replies

• _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    whether you're baking or grilling it you should give it a light coating of olive oil. works every time.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Bake on a raised oven pan and pour a little water underneath then cover with aluminum foil. It keep the moisture in during baking.

Bake at a low heat (325-350) until done.
  • nicnactoo
    nicnactoo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    In a roasting bag. Shove anything you like in with it (veg/ spices/ herbs etc) tie the bag, bung in oven. gorgeous moist chicken. Serve with carb of choice.
    And no washing up if you can get the chicken out of the bag without spilling any :)
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I tell my husband I want chicken for dinner and voila....juicy baked or grilled chicken shows up on our table! What?? There's another way? :bigsmile:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Always could use a good chicken recipe.

Thanks
  • kr381806
    kr381806 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Chicken on the George Foreman is always delicious too! quick, easy, yummy.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    bump
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump...great ideas!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    once the juice starts running clear, it should be done to perfect juiciness :happy:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Screw baking, get yourself a Cuisinart griller. Butterfly the chicken breast, slap it on... Ready to perfection in about three minutes - seared on the outside and juicy on the inside.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    First of all, I start with a thigh. Either way though, curing in a salt/sugar rub overnight will do the job.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Have you tried pounding the chicken out? It's the best way, makes it juicy & tender!

:blushing:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have never been much of a "cook" but I have been trying as I find trying to lose weight and preparing your own meals to be very important.

What I want to learn is how to make BAKED CHICKEN without it being super dry. I'm talking like the oven-roasted chicken breasts like they put on a Subway Sandwich...I can use that as a main meal, chop it up in a salad or put it in a wrap. My mom used a crockpot once with dijon mustard and it was really good

Any relatively EASY recipe ideals would be great! THANKS :)

You can have all the recipes in the world and still make a disaster. It's all about cooking it at the right time for the right temp.

I usually cut my breasts in 3 diagonal slices, and bake at 375 on a broiling pan for about 18 mins. The key is to not over cook it.
    Bone in, skin off can also be tasty.
  • Alyssap03
    Options
    A very very VERY easy way to do it if you are a person who likes convenience is to purchase a "New wave oven" I think they call them convection ovens or something like that. I love cooking but sometimes when I am super busy I need something faster and this thing shocked me on how juicy everything turned out! It is quite the machine I love mine :) I do veggies in it to and they turn out pretty great and in 1/2 the time! I am not a saleswoman by the way I just really like mine.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    my aunt does them really nice! she seasons them with pepper then places them in foil fills around them with lemon juice and wraps them into little parcels stays so moist and yummy and isnt sour at all
    x
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    I hammer mine with a meat tenderising hammer, then I bake it for minimal time, and I have found that works best
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    A very very VERY easy way to do it if you are a person who likes convenience is to purchase a "New wave oven" I think they call them convection ovens or something like that. I love cooking but sometimes when I am super busy I need something faster and this thing shocked me on how juicy everything turned out! It is quite the machine I love mine :) I do veggies in it to and they turn out pretty great and in 1/2 the time! I am not a saleswoman by the way I just really like mine.

I looked into getting one, but the reviews deterred me. There are other brands of convection ovens that come with glass domes instead of the plastic ones the NuWave comes with, if I were to get one I would choose one of those since people tended to have trouble with the plastic on the dome cracking over time.

*Also read that their customer service was a nightmare... hopefully you will not have these experiences. :)
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I prefer dark meat but:

1. If I get good quality chicken, such as free range, I leave the skin on AND eat it.
    2. I don't over cook it. (common mistake)
    3. If I have to cook skinless chicken breast on their own (I usually only use them in multi ingredient recipes where I add healthy fat) I add mayonnaise and seasonings prior to baking. Yum.

Most of my recommendations require non-fat phobic attitude. :wink:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I buy chicken breasts with the bone in and skin on to keep them juicy. I rub them, even under the skin, with a mixture of olive oil, fresh minced parsley,garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and enough paprika to really give them a lot of color and flavor. I let them marinade for a few hours sometimes but you don't have to.Bake or grill until cooked all the way through, without over cooking. When they are done, I let them cool, tear the skin off, remove the bones, cut into the sizes I want and toss them in the freezer. I cook an entire cookie sheet of these and then freeze them with a foodsaver. I use them for sandwiches, salads or just alone. They are full of flavor, moist and convenient to have for a quick meal.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Always tenderize your chicken breasts, they will retain moisture and be juicy and tender. I use a fork and poke millions of holes in it. Then I either soak in lemon juice for about 30 minutes , then dry season prior to baking or grilling. I will also soak it in beer sometimes and then dry season before baking or grilling. My meat is ALWAYS juicy and moist. If you grill, do 350 for roughly 10 min each side, if you bake, do 425 for 20 minutes and let the breast sit in about 1/4" of the lemon juice while baking.

Good Luck!