iPhone vs Galaxy III

Options
Katiemarie4488
Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
:glasses: :smokin: Went into the Verizon store last night, with the intention of buying the iPhone5.... and I swear the salesman would not sell it to me.... I mean not literally... but he did everything in his power to convince me to get the Galaxy. He made a lot of valid points, but I had to wonder if he really thinks the Galaxy is that much better? Or, if he gets some sort of commission... well either way I could not decide which one to buy.....

Anyone have a preference? :ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You'd have to count me out of the cult of the iPhone. I've never had one and never will. I don't like that they are hardly customizable for starters and I don't like how Apple plays with others I have a Galaxy S II and I'll be buying the III when my contract is up and I can get one for $200 instead of $600. :smile:
  • Roshae
    Options
    I'm also having the same issue. I've had the Iphone for a couple years and now that its time to upgrade, I didn't really care for the 5. But when I saw the Galaxy.. I was in love! The app are to die for! Much better than the Iphone. And they have the Droid market... similar to the App store.. but it's more user friendly... particulary everything is free and quite frankly I'm just tried of the Iphone.

I would suggest maybe holding off though if you want the Galazy because some told me that in Feb 2013 they are coming out with a Galaxy 4. If this is true.. I think you should (I know I am) wait it out for the newbie!

Hope this helps... I would defintely go online and see all the cool specs on this phone :glasses:
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Buying an S III today.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I have the Galaxy 111
    BEST PHONE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kicks the IPhones *kitten*!!!!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Galaxy S III. Best phone I've ever had.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Galaxy!
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I also totally love my big-*kitten* Galaxy S III... GREAT phone, and have not heard anything to the contrary by anyone more tech-savvy than myself.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    have had the galaxy S3 for a couple of months now- great phone! As others have said it's better because it's bigger, more user friendly, has better (more free) apps, is customizable and I personally hate the fact that with iphones you can't change the battery if needed..... at least with the galaxy you CAN, and it's got a slot for a micro SD card so you can add memory for more music/documents/pictures. WAY BETTER PHONE!
  • NickDHussin
    Options
    I love seeing all this Android love!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all this Android love!

^^

Galaxy, it won't disappoint
  • teampugador
    Options
    :glasses: :smokin: Went into the Verizon store last night, with the intention of buying the iPhone5.... and I swear the salesman would not sell it to me.... I mean not literally... but he did everything in his power to convince me to get the Galaxy. He made a lot of valid points, but I had to wonder if he really thinks the Galaxy is that much better? Or, if he gets some sort of commission... well either way I could not decide which one to buy.....

Anyone have a preference? :ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Thanks for posting this! I'm in the same boat. I have the Galaxy I and I love it but it's time for an upgrade.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    The iPhone 5 didn't just WOW people when it was released. Also, if you want to move files on/off the phone, it requires iTunes AFAIK. With the Galaxy, it's just like plugging up a flash drive. Something to consider. I can't stand using iTunes.

JM
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I have a Galaxy S2 and have had a iPhone 3GS. Both are amazing phones. It's hard to choose. What you want is what you honestly just would naturally gravitate towards. That sales guy had a bigger commission from Droids I'm assuming. Ignore him and get the iPhone if you really want that phone. Otherwise try something new with an Android. You don't lose either way.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a preference.

A reason the person was probably trying to sell you on a Galaxy was probably because iPhones and iPhone users tend to use the most data, which is more costly for the company overall.

I will say to you what I say to everyone with this question. Both are amazing pieces of technology. You will probably not be disappointed in either. If you have been on one platform (Apple or Android) for any length of time, and you like it - I'm not sure there are significant enough reasons to switch.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Galaxy all the way.. I have SII and it's amazing!
  • maz_z
    maz_z Posts: 55
    Options
    Galaxy for sure!!
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I love my Galaxy S III!
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Well theres a reason why the Galaxy SIII is the best selling smart phone right now.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I'm an Android fan and currently have the Bionic and will be getting the SIII when my contract renews in February.... Not a fan of Apple never have been.... Best of Luck....
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'm an Apple girl through and through although I will say that there are numerous features on the iphone that irk the crap out of me.