10 weeks on MFP and 51 pounds lost

Options
124»

Replies

• Phoenixchichima
    Options
    good for you. sorry you are getting grief but remember. big people encourage others to succeed big. small people try to tear down others to their size, and I'm talking big hearted & big spirited not weight wise. the haters pretty much tell you what they are themselves.
  • DeborahBatewell
    DeborahBatewell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Keep up the good work. I lost my first 67 lbs. in 3 months before I joined MFP. in August. My body underwent a major transformation once I went low-fat, low-carb, high protein, and added a lot of veggies. It's like going through a fat detox once you change your eating habits and start to exercise. Congrats! I wish you success on your journey.
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    woo hoo! good for you! congratulations! ignore the naysayers...they just wished they could lose it like that too!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    YEAH-I want to know what you are doing to lose because it must be different than what I'm doing. Either that, or you have an awesome butt kicking metabolism......
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! A massive inspiration!.. Can't wait to see the pics! :-)
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job... people all lose weight differently.. what ever you are doing you are getting results... keep working hard and you will succeed.. you are already seeing results... dont mine people who got nothing else to do but be jealous... jealousy is a nasty way to be.
  • teresacc26
    teresacc26 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Whatever you are doing, its working for you and that is the most important thing for you! Keep it up you can do it. I learned awhile back it doesn't matter what you do, with all the "experts" on this site they are going to say something. so do what works for you!

LMAOOO
  • teresacc26
    teresacc26 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Dont listen to the Haters babe..Get it how U live....U losing and they jealous....Imma try the ELMM though..
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Since you're averaging a loss of 5 lbs. per week, that means you are creating a caloric deficit of 17,500 calories per week. If your maintenance calories are 3,000 per day (21,000) per week that would only give you 500 calories per day to eat. Am I close? Or, are you exercising and burning thousands of calories per day?

No. Here is how Im doing it. (Im using the ELMM plan)

Week 1. eat 2500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 2. eat 2500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 3. eat 2000 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 4. eat 2000 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 5. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 6. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 7. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 8. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 9. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 10. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.

Workouts are 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes each and are treadmill or stationary bike. I shed between 600 and 900 calories at each workout. Im eating low fat, high protien, high fiber foods.

From your ticker I would guess that you had a substantial amount of weight to lose. You are doing very well!! Congratulations to you!! It must feel wonderful to have dropped so much already. Keep up your hard work and dedication!

The folks who are not believing you, or come across as being angry, are likely thinking that you are doing this in an unhealthy manner. The way you state you are eating sounds quite healthy to me. That's what I'm doing, minus the high protein. It is working for me quite well, and obviously working for you too. Best of luck to you as you continue to find your inner, healthier, slimmer self!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    wow What are you doing that you are losing so quickly. I have 40.pounds more to lose and could use any advice.
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congrats, don't listen to the haters.
  • macdiver
    macdiver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    First congrats.

You have stated you have a lot of weight to lose but have not given your starting and current weight. That is probably why people don't believe you. It is like watching "The Biggest Loser" The 400 to 500 pound guy will be loosing 8 or more pounds a week for several weeks in a row. Someone who only weighs 250 could not maintain it. It is not the number of pounds it is the percentage of body weight.
  • mudya
    mudya Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! A friend of mine was morbidly obese, she weighed 320lbs and she was losing about the same as you per week to begin with - your obviously doing something right!
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    51 in 10 weeks!!! that is phenomenal!!!! congrats!!!

Definitely agree!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!