Exercising close to max HR

13»

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    I was glad to read this as well-I've been exercising since I was 18 (33 now), so I found it hard to believe that I am out of shape thus the higher HR. I also average about 160-175 during my usual cardio workouts (step, spinning, kickboxing) and I don't feel out of breath like I'm going to pass out. I use a Polar FT4. I saw my doctor a year ago for heart palpatations, was determined I was dehydrated. They had me wear a holter monitor (however you spell it) and everything came back fine. My blood pressure runs low-usually around 100/70 or lower. I always worried that I was slowly killing myself, glad to see I'm not the only one who "runs high".
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Most of the time in people who have been exercising a while a high heart rate at a lower perceived effort is simply a sign of poor aerobic conditioning - not just a sign that everyone is different.. Usually that is because all the work has been done at a higher intensity - too high to properly and fully develop the aerobic system.

With your love of LSD, I am convinced you are the reincarnation of either Timothy Leary or Ken Kesey...............:drinker:
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Most of the time in people who have been exercising a while a high heart rate at a lower perceived effort is simply a sign of poor aerobic conditioning - not just a sign that everyone is different.. Usually that is because all the work has been done at a higher intensity - too high to properly and fully develop the aerobic system.

With your love of LSD, I am convinced you are the reincarnation of either Timothy Leary or Ken Kesey...............:drinker:
    It is working though. My 5 mile pace at 70% HRR (HR=132) dropped 24 seconds per mile in the first two weeks of training this way. So I'll keep doing this until the improvements stop coming.