Beautiful Blues 2/8/10

Options

Replies

• Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    smadag1 - I'm really sorry to hear about your job situation. I hope everything gets worked out. Keep your head up and take care of yourself.

msh0530 - love the game plan you planned out!! Sounds like you have everything covered. Don't forget to plan meals.... always helps me stay on track.

j_g4ever - listen to your body but feed it good fuels.

Boxing class tonight!! And I accomplished doing the 30 day shred every morning this week (goal is for week days only). Go me!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I didn't mention planning meals, but I have been doing that for so many years, it's second nature. It's the snacks that I should plan better . . .
    Thanks for the advice!
  • katattack
    Options
    Hi all!! I just noticed this thread and love the support and consistency -- i would love love love to be included. Is that ok? Debnu -- should i send you my weight here or in another forum?

A little about me: I'm an avid runner, fitness enthusiast, andddddd about 10 lbs heavier than i was when i finished my first half-marathon this past October. So, now running season is quickly upon me and I'm needing the scale to start going in the OTHER direction, and am having some trouble. I am trying to focus in, track my eating, and really engage in my health and fitness because a) that is what has worked for me in the past! b) I have bigger weight-loss goals this time around!

I didn't get to where I wanted to be, weight-wise, last year before my half-marathon. I was within 1.5 pounds, and never ultimately hit my weight-loss goal (6.5 lbs to go at the time... Now, about 17 lbs! ugh.) Thankfully, I hit my time goal which made me very proud. 1:55 -- under 2 hrs, not bad.

Now i'm just bragging :P

The problem is mainly the man in my life. HA. He likes to go out on weekends. He likes this little family-owned mexican restaurant around the corner. He likes to bring me wine. He likes to lie around. Love makes you fat folks!!!!! It's been fun but now i'm putting the focus back on my fitness goals. The nice thing is he's also really into it! So, I'm about 2 wks into my re-commitment to my goals and looking for some encouragement and new strategies to keep focused and on-track! There's nothing worse than losing the same weight TWICE. lol.
  • Taradise
    Options
    Welcome katattack! You can definitely join our thread. We weigh in on Mondays... so next Monday send Debnu your weight via private message. Congrats on finishing a half-marathon - that is major!! I've only ran a formal 10K. However, we have other group members who are into running.... chrissyh?? Also, I understand the need to have a supportive spouse and I'm glad to hear that your's is on board. Sounds like you are very motivated so keep it up!!

You have a similar goal as myself. I am 5'1" and my goal is to weigh 115 lbs. In my adult life, I have not gotten below 120.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,

katattack- Hi and welcome to the group. Great attitude and motivation for keeping fit. I can't wait to share with you on your journey. I've been running at the treadmill in the gym for preparation to be able to run outside in the summer. I'm totally into running but I'm a newbie at it.

smadag- I'm sorry to hear that happened. Take care of yourself and remain positive right now. When one door closes, another one opens.

Taradise- Awesome job on your workouts!

Today I'll be doing Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance and Cardio Abs for a total of 55 minutes. Then, I'm going to me focused on school work because I have a project due Sunday.

Enjoy your day!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I did the test to check out what I should be eating and even asked almomay to look as for my test but the number were really close.
    I did my morning workout with Jillian no more trouble zones. Ugh that is a workout for sure. I'm hoping to get on the treadmill tonight or do stairs to get some cardio in my day. I'm going to listen to you guys and just do an hour in a half a day. Split it up into twice a day however because I can't do all that at once. Thank you guys for the advice.

katattack- Welcome to the blue team.

msh0530- WTG on the swimming. No one will let me in the pool after having a seziure a year ago in a pool and well almost drowning. I love to swim but I will stick to my stairs, strength training and cardio.

I have a question for everyone. While doing Jillian's workout she keeps on saying to keep your belly button to the floor and I can't seem to do that. Is this going to harm my process on my abs and is there a way I can work on it??
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Lost my job today and I am not sure what to do next. I guess I will take the weekend off and hot the ground running Monday

I'm so sorry to hear about your job loss.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Welcome Katattack--It will be great to have you in our group! If you could send me your weight first thing monday I will get you on the board. :flowerforyou:

smadag--I am so sorry! Did you have any clue or was it just out of the blue? Take care of yourself!:cry:

I have found that since I have been eating more protein I am just not as hungry in the morning. I am going to try and eat a smaller dinner to see if that makes a difference. I am also going to try and listen to my hunger signals and only eat when I really am hungry. I am going to start training for a 5k again--I downloaded a podcast called podrunner yesterday. It will actually take you up to a 10k. I am going to see how far I can get. :bigsmile:

j_g, I think the belly button to the floor is just sucking in your stomach while you are doing the exercise. I have a hard time doing it too--but keep trying! I think it is a good thing that you aren't allowed in the pool. We need you around! That would have been horribly scary!!

Have a great Friday everyone! I have been tracking my weight daily and it is really trending down so my goal is to keep it that way through the weekend, and Valentines day. I know we can do this!
  • katattack
    Options
    Yay! Thanks guys!! I'm looking forward!

I've started out this morning on a good note -- small snack before meeting up w/ my PT for a pretty intense strength work-out, and I just finished a bowl of Amy's Organic Lentil Vegetable soup (jazzed up with cumin, cayenne, and chili powder), and a piece of Silver Hills Steady Eddy toast. Full, happy, rehydrating. I love not working on Fridays!

A huge mood-booster for me (in this dreary Canadian February...) has been waking up ridiculously early to hit the gym. I've gone for the past 4 days and am starting to see a lot of familiar faces. I love starting my day off with a workout, and i love love mornings (i'm a sick puppy). I skip into work early and it just starts everything off on the right foot.

Taradise -- Thanks for the welcome!! We *do* have similar goals, I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress and picking up some motivation :):) And let the record show that the man is not a spouse, just a few months in really! Ha ha yikes! But a really great partner and motivator nonetheless. And we're phasing in running as part of our time together.

Debnu - Thank you! I'm happy to be a part -- so much reading to do in the meantime. I'll send you my weight Monday! Ha ha after the weekend -- smart placement for a weigh-in! No weekend cheating :tongue: Also, that's an awesome way to get started on a running program!! Good luck! I hope you enjoy it! Do you have a local running group? Here, there's a store called Running Room and they have clinics that you can sign up for - really inexpensive and social. It worked for me because not a lot of my friends have the same fitness goals, and so having to get up at 8:30 am on a Sunday for a long distance practice run would have been hard without the support of the people I met at that clinic.

- kat :heart:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I have found that since I have been eating more protein I am just not as hungry in the morning. I am going to try and eat a smaller dinner to see if that makes a difference. I am also going to try and listen to my hunger signals and only eat when I really am hungry. I am going to start training for a 5k again--I downloaded a podcast called podrunner yesterday. It will actually take you up to a 10k. I am going to see how far I can get. :bigsmile:

When I went and talked to my doctor about not loosing weight for such a long time she told me to eat a bigger breakfast and Lunch a a small supper and have a couple of snacks inbetween. I have a family but my husband is loving it because I don't like a lot of foods that he does so now he gets more suppers that he and the kids enjoy. meanwhile I just eat something really small like a salad.
  • Taradise
    Options
    Taradise -- Thanks for the welcome!! We *do* have similar goals, I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress and picking up some motivation :):) And let the record show that the man is not a spouse, just a few months in really! Ha ha yikes! But a really great partner and motivator nonetheless. And we're phasing in running as part of our time together.
    have been hard without the support of the people I met at that clinic.

Spouse, boyfriend, random dude you sometimes hang out with... whatever works. :bigsmile:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Welcome Katattack.

Well blues, it's one of these things that you notice how far we've accomplished...

My OH and I just bought laminate 27 boxes and they are 50lb each. few weeks ago we bought it and I carried them into the living room and said to myself no way i'm taking them downstairs (after loading into the vehicle and unloading).

well today I put on my polar on, and I said I"ll make a workout of it.

Previously a year ago or so, I used to be out of breath after walking up 2 flights of stairs.

Well today i carried down 26 boxes at 50lbs each to the basement, and walked back up 26 times in under 20 mins.
    burned almost 300 calories. :tongue: :wink: :drinker: :drinker:

Then I went ahead and did my two EA active workouts for another 870 calorie burn. Total today 1170 calories burned.:drinker:

Have a good Friday!!
  • Taradise
    Options
    Nice Job Peter!!! Kickin @$$ and takin' names!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hello blues. :heart: I haven't read the thread ... YET. But I promise I will this weekend. Work is almost over and I am getting ready to head out. But, I just needed to vent a little bit ... :indifferent:

This week has been so hard for some reason. I overdid it Tuesday night. WAY overdid it. I worked out and burned over 1000 calories on Wednesday. I upped my calories on Thursday. Stepped on the scale first thing this morning and was up FOUR POUNDS. :explode: Then we had a Valentine's Day Social at work and I've had my share of cookies and cake. And I had planned to workout this evening, but I have went SO far over my calories (even with the higher allotment I've given myself (I bumped up from 1260 to 1400)) and I feel like utter crap. Blah. I really do not even want to go workout... and I am typically motivated to get in the gym.

What the heck is going on with me? :noway: :ohwell: Stepping on the scale this morning and seeing four pounds completely mortified me. Now I'm not sure what to do with my calories. Lower them back to 1260 and feel hungry or keep them at 1400 and face the possibility of gaining weight?! I have squeezed myself into a corner where I am afraid to eat my exercise calories because I had bad results with that before ... so ... I really just do not know what to do. :sick: Hopefully the weekend will bring some much-needed rest and enlightenment.

*sigh* Sorry guys. :frown:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Hey all just thought I would let you know what is going on. I was laid off because my position was being eliminated, but they are going to pay my vacation time I have left plus I get unemployment and my insurance paid for the rest of the month. I am going to take the weekend off and hit the ground running on Monday start looking for a new job. I have already been to the temp agancy that has gotten my a couple jobs in the past and they have starting looking to see if they could find something for me.

I am going to start my P90x tomorrow if hubby goes to work if not I will start sometime on Monday

If any of you guys are on facebook let me know I would love to add you as a friend.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    kat- Now that spring is near, I'm going to look at running events here in NYC. Last year I was so big I could not even run. I'm so excited for this summer because it's going to be different. I especially love the adrenaline rush.

tthumper- Wow!!! Awesome job! You can definitely see the change in your body with that workout.

debnu- I have also upped my protein and I'm not hungry at all. I looked at my diary in the past and now I'm eating more than half of proteins than before. I am totally shocked because I didn't know a person could eat that much protein. I really hope this takes care of my postpartum anemia.

llcorrell- Hang in there! You have lost alot of weight and have accomplished alot. It's just a matter of time before those pounds will be gone. When I see a gain like that on the scale I just say to myself that those are fake pounds. They're basically from water weight.

smadag- You will get a better job, don't worry. I'm also looking for full time work and trusting in God that he will supply my need and will give me all that I need. Blessings to you!

You guys, have fun in valentines day, but let's continue on with our motivation!!!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Hello blues. :heart: I haven't read the thread ... YET. But I promise I will this weekend. Work is almost over and I am getting ready to head out. But, I just needed to vent a little bit ... :indifferent:

This week has been so hard for some reason. I overdid it Tuesday night. WAY overdid it. I worked out and burned over 1000 calories on Wednesday. I upped my calories on Thursday. Stepped on the scale first thing this morning and was up FOUR POUNDS. :explode: Then we had a Valentine's Day Social at work and I've had my share of cookies and cake. And I had planned to workout this evening, but I have went SO far over my calories (even with the higher allotment I've given myself (I bumped up from 1260 to 1400)) and I feel like utter crap. Blah. I really do not even want to go workout... and I am typically motivated to get in the gym.

What the heck is going on with me? :noway: :ohwell: Stepping on the scale this morning and seeing four pounds completely mortified me. Now I'm not sure what to do with my calories. Lower them back to 1260 and feel hungry or keep them at 1400 and face the possibility of gaining weight?! I have squeezed myself into a corner where I am afraid to eat my exercise calories because I had bad results with that before ... so ... I really just do not know what to do. :sick: Hopefully the weekend will bring some much-needed rest and enlightenment.

*sigh* Sorry guys. :frown:

I'm having the same problems that you are having. I step on the scale and it keeps going up and up. Everyone keeps telling me that its muscle or it will go down. I have been really focusing on my inchs and that is what keeps my mind off the weight soo much. Best of luck.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    So I went out tonight with a friend. We went bowling. She told me that bowling was like walking a mile so I put my HRM monitor on and we played about 3 rounds and WOW that is a workout. I already worked out this morning on top of that and I burned all together today 2004 calories. I'm so proud of myself. We are proud that we could find something active to do vs. just going and watching a movie. Then we went to Perkins and chatted till the weeeee hrs of the morning. I had 2 hot choc. and a mammith muffin and I just went to the website and it wasn't as bad as I thought for all of that it was only 840. Pretty good.

have a great weekend!! See you tomorrow.
  • Taradise
    Options
    lcorrell14 - I'm not the most knowledgeable but my suggestion would be to find consistency. Pick a calorie threshold and try your best to stick with it. I know it is really hard with social gatherings... planning is necessary. I would also be completely disheartened with a 4 lb increase, but you can't let go now. You know it is temporary... keep on truckin' The weight is NOT going to beat you!!

smadag1 - Yes, I am on facebook. Look me up 2taradise@gmail.com is my email.

j_g4ever - high five for a killer workout!!!! You definitely burned off that muffin!

I'm about to head out to the gym. Have a good weekend Blues!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Jus did my first P90x Core I realized I have a long way to go, but I liked it and I like the way Tony walks you through things and I like his energy. I can't wait to do the next one

Almomay- You have my respect that you do P90x everyday . YOU GO GIRL