My car because i get asked about it a lot.

Options

Replies

• the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    '79 Malibu! Sounds nice! I'm a sucker for a nice muscle car. Most won't get a change to drive my Z, mostly because it's very grumpy and if don't have the magic touch (it's got hotted carburetors that are finicky) it is REALLY hard to start and that's my requirement for getting to drive it :laugh:

JM
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    1995 Eclipse GS-T black on black low pro wheels!!

low pro wheels huh? What is that?
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have an Acura TL Type S. It was a smokin' hot car until my teenage daughter learned to drive in it. :-/

Love that make/model.

I have a Subaru Impreza WRX...(can't post pic as I'm "working hard....shhh") all modifications done by/chosen by myself (very proud of that). Sorta of a lady gearhead/car nerd here
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options

I'm guessing they meant low pro tires/Z-rated maybe?
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Eh it's a Ford...
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Nice! I see you have the 96-98 tail lights on it too!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options

I'm guessing they meant low pro tires/Z-rated maybe?

That would be my guess too, low profile tires...
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    '79 Malibu! Sounds nice! I'm a sucker for a nice muscle car. Most won't get a change to drive my Z, mostly because it's very grumpy and if don't have the magic touch (it's got hotted carburetors that are finicky) it is REALLY hard to start and that's my requirement for getting to drive it :laugh:

JM

You would love this one, I have a pic at home I'll find later. It looks bran new! black with red pin stripe
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Since the topic was raised .... here's mine:

1970 Pontiac GTO, stock 400, 3.90 rear end ... it doesn't go really fast, but it gets there quickly and wastes lots of rubber in the process!

http://www.1160main.com/cars/goat1.jpg

for now, go to the link, till I can resize it

Here's another pic

signature1.jpg

sweet ride. I wish I still had my super charger. Got married with kids and had to trade it in for a yaris.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Here is my ride. A Ford Mustang Saleen # 21. And yeah at 31 I enjoy my cars still.

20a2bud.jpg
  • the_journeyman
    Options
    I'll bet that Saleen is a riot to drive!!!

JM
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

I can't see the pics at work but that ruins a 94-95 to me. That in one of the only ways to tell it's a 5.0 from outside the car.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options

I can't see the pics at work but that ruins a 94-95 to me. That in one of the only ways to tell it's a 5.0 from outside the car.

I know someone who did this just to throw people off from whether they has the 5.0 or the 4.6.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options

JM

Understatement lol If I was still a wild one I could get into trouble with it.
  • Hey_you_over_there
    Options
    I must have hit a nerve "bro". We can talk about my story, better yet you can READ about it in "Body By Design". Hell, you can even see me in bodybuilding.com's ad's that were world wide.

I don't do this for the gratification of others. What I have done and continue to do has helped many. Can you say the same about keeping your rims clean?

So just for the kids playing the home game here.... You come on to a weight loss site, for people offering support in losing weight, and on this website there is a place for non-weight/health discussions, and in this case, cars.

You, being the bastion of physical fitness (because we can READ about it or see it in a magazine) and have clearly surpassed us all with your self shot cellphone/mirror abs pic. You proceed to go into the part that has absolutely no relation to the awesomeness that is you, and proceed to make a douchy comment that more or less implies (notice the theme here) that you "grew up" while others have not and so much so you felt the need to tell us all but in the same breath brag about helping other people.

Here I will make it easier, since clearly this is what you want - How have you helped other people? Now we can all gather around the campfire and warm our fat selves in the glow that is you while you tell us all the stories of how you helped other people.
    Go ahead and tell us all - that way you can save us all the effort of having to deal with you acting like the kid on the bus who wants attention by making pithy comments to get attention.

Also, if you don't "do this for the gratification of others" then why would you even bring it up? Sort of like telling everyone you were an anonymous donor to charity - point missed. One would assume if you were nearly as fantastic as you clearly think you are, one would not need to remind others to "look me up" just so they know how awesome you are.

Oh yea, I am sure keeping my rims clean saved just as many lives as your cell phone picture in the mirror.....

I've rarely met a person (in person) a fraction as awesome as they tell people they are..... on the internet. (wink, we all know you are reading this, wink)
    Personally, I think it was a pretty douchy thing for you to make that "until I grew up" comment.
    Who were you trying to help with that?
    So you have "helped many" by working out?
    Bravo.
    Many others on this board have helped others too.
    Soldiers, fire fighters and police officers have LITERALLY risked their lives to save the lives of complete strangers.
    But, you just tell all of us how you were on ad's that were world wide.

We are all impressed.
  • the_journeyman
    Options

JM

I tend to have trouble controlling my right foot (right wrist when on the bike...), so I'd definitely get a little unwanted attention in something like that!

JM
  • 05saleengirl
    Options

JM

I tend to have trouble controlling my right foot (right wrist when on the bike...), so I'd definitely get a little unwanted attention in something like that!

JM

It's tough. The thing corners like a dream too. The suspension on it is great. And I don't care who you are, what age...it's just fun slamming through the gears. Its not a daily driver though. I've only put 2k miles on it in 2 years.
  • the_journeyman
    Options
    Yea, something special like that I'd be afraid to use as my dd. It'd be a fun weekend car for certain, and something like that has some nice collector value IMO.

JM
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Porsche Cayenne.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    1. You're making my gray, 4-door sedan look very, very boring.
    2. Learned to drive in a 76 Nova Super Sport. Loved that car but don't miss it as much as...
    3. 69 LeMans drop top. Best. Car. Ever. (Damn the old lady on her way to pick tomatoes driving the Olds tank and only looking 1 direction before entering the intersection.)